Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • LocationOver There-->
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 29 December 2010 - 11:22 AM

Hi everyone :3

I haven't played Ragnarok for years (last time was about 2005\6 i think x.x) and i'm not quiet sure if my knowledge of how to build my Thief is still up-to-date (the little things i can remember).
I love the Thief Class, i always play them and i also always changed to the Assassin Class instead of Rouge.
Now i'm not quiet sure which class to choose, yet i still have a bigger tendency to Assassin, seing as Rouges only fight with swords?

All i remember is that DEX, AGI and STR are important and also LUK.

My current Stats are:

STR: 25
AGI: 20
DEX: 20
LUK: 10

(I started with STR\DEX 9 and AGI\LUK 5)

And i was thinking of going up to 30 on LUK,
Is there a Stat-Simulator anywhere available?
Or can anyone tell me approximately how many points i can have for each attribute?

I also have a very hard time leveling and gaining Zeny, seeing the incredibly high prices of the players shops, when i want to buy equipment @.@ (seriously? 40mil etc. how on earth do i get that much Zeny??? @.@)
I also never really got far in this game aswell and don't quiet really know how the equipment stuff works and how you upgrade weapons or defense gear, is there some place explaining those things?

I currently train inside the Culverts sewers at Prontera, yet i can't remember for it being so tough x.x
I always die after about ~30 minutes, most of the time only because of those "Familliar" Bats and also if there are 3 or more Thief Bugs attacking me, there is almost no chance to escape.
While being tough and all that, my Zeny income is also very low which means that i can't even afford buying health potions if i want to save up Zeny for Equipment x.x

And my health\mana bar also restores very slowly when sitting on the ground, it takes ages for it to only restore about 1\4. Are there any "faster" ways of restoring health, without buying potions?

Also why is there no more that Thief Test thingy, where you had to collect mushrooms?
I really liked that, i was kinda confused when i made it into the pyramide thing to get to the Thief Guild and suddenly became a Thief D:

I also have a Stiletto [3] which i got from a friendly player and I've found a Santa Hat.
Now I'm not sure which one to wear, the Santa Hat gives me +1 LUK but it only has 2 Defense and my Cap(from NPC Shop) has 7 Defense.

It would be great if you could give me some advise ;P

Edited by Morlord, 29 December 2010 - 11:37 AM.

#2 D111

D111

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4543 posts
  • LocationOrlando
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 December 2010 - 04:45 AM

Hello and welcome back,

Alot of mechanics have changed since renewal was installed on our servers, so this may be why things seem so different to you.

What server are you on? I have loads of Thief gear I can give you if you need help in that department.

As far as builds, there are many, but a basic one that can get you to 99 easy is:

Str 84+6
Agi 90+10
Dex 42+8
luk 38

That build will be great for leveling and all around game play as a normal Assassin.
In renewal Luk is very helpful so you may want more luk and less of something else, just tweak it and see what you like.

And here is a decent Stat Calc... Stat Calc

Hope this helps some.

#3 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 30 December 2010 - 05:55 AM

Bookmark www.irowiki.org as well this site will help you a lot.

#4 Morlord

Morlord

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • LocationOver There-->

Posted 30 December 2010 - 10:20 AM

I'm playing on the Valkyrie Server, same nickname as my forum name.

Base Lv. 32
Job Lv. 33

EQ:
Santa Hat
Flu Mask (from NPC Store)
Stiletto
Muffler (from NPC Store)
Novice Adventurer's Suit (Starter Stuff)
Buckler (from NPC Store)
Boots (from NPC Store)

Current Stats are:

STR: 25+2
AGI: 30+2
DEX: 23+2
LUK: 10+2

Thanks for this build here:

Str 84+6
Agi 90+10
Dex 42+8
luk 38

I think i'll go about the same stats.
Some players said i should go DEX 30 and put all the rest into AGI first, because STR doesn't matter much until i am an Assassin and play with Katars?
Any advise which attribute to rise first?

Edited by Morlord, 30 December 2010 - 10:20 AM.

#5 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 10:52 AM

It's unfortunately true. Strength has been so nerfed it really kind of sucks now. It really is best to get Dex and Agility first that way you can hit and dodge.

To tell you the truth I really wouldn't get my str that high, I would be seriously tempted to take away from that (maybe either 10 or 20 points) and add a bunch more to Luk (especially if going Katar sin) or dex.

#6 Morlord

Morlord

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • LocationOver There-->

Posted 01 January 2011 - 08:41 PM

So, I've finally become an Assassin :unsure:

I got a Katar with 2 Slots from the Job Change Quest. (Yet i dunno what cards to insert + don't have any Weapon Cards)

My currents Stats are:

STR: 30
AGI: 55 + 3
DEX: 31 + 1
LUK: 32 + 3

I want to get AGI to 60 and then Luck up to 40 first.
Also are those "+ x" counted onto the regular stat?
Like on my AGI, it says "55 + 3", so in total AGI is 58?

Are there any Weapon recommendations for me?
The Jamadhar from the NPC Store has 165 Attack Power but it has no Slots for any cards D:
I'm going to have Katar Mastery and Right\left Hand Mastery max. so I'll be frequently switching between Daggers and Katars.

And what Equipment should i wear?
I currently have these on:

Santa Hat (+1 LUK)
Flu Mask
Purple Glasses
Katar (2 Slots Free)
Thief Clothes (From NPC Store)
Boots
Rosary (+2 LUK)
Ragamuffin Manteau

Edited by Morlord, 01 January 2011 - 09:48 PM.

#7 Joseph

Joseph

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 10:21 PM

Try to get Kolbold carded gear adds to crit rate and used to be inexpensive not sure about now though?

#8 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 01:34 AM

Also look into getting a Undershirt & Pantie, Garment and Armor. It adds a nice extra 10 flee and 5 Agi (15 flee total).

Later you can get a Slotted Undershirt & Pantie. For the Undershirt you want to use a Whisper card to get +20 flee more. On Pantie use Porcello card, Attack +25 Def - 5. These are quite basic for either a Katar sin or DD sin and can be used on Thief as well ( well they can be used on ALL classes actually) and have no lvl requirement.

Yes the "+ x" is added to the base stat. The only reason they are separate is that when you add to a stat it costs points and they and you need to know how much your going to have to pay. So Agi 55 + 3 = 58 Agility.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users