1 reply to this topic

#1 4393170719183725777

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 13 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 03 April 2018 - 01:12 PM

I did a search on test server just to be sure this hasn't been proposed yet and did not see it, so here we go...

It seems like a lot of damage formulas are out of tune and are causing a lot of grief among the player base. Is there any chance of a test server that we could get in which we can freely copy our characters over with their full kafra inventories, at any time, so that we may test patches before they hit the main server and give our opinions on skills that are potential game changers? Sakray was much like this when it was first implemented, major guilds would make characters there to test and give feedback on patches that have not hit Chaos or Loki yet and this would allow for better game balancing. Internal testing doesn't seem to be enough because with every patch a new exploit or flavor of the month class comes out with nothing to counter it due to poor testing done.

#2 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 13 April 2018 - 01:16 AM

This has been brought up before for iRO in general, having an active test server is a neat idea however it will require constant wipes to prevent establishments.

Selective mirroring the progress to a test server on the other hand is interesting but I doubt it can be done in house, for the case of Sakray, the staff used an older backup of Chaos in means to mirror the progress. It was done once as far as I know, I don't know however if they have any intention to do this often to keep things as updated as possible.

Could ask the staff again about this but I'd personally say, don't hold your breath.

Edit:

For now actually, there is some good news in regarding Re:Start Sakray, please visit staff announcement on this URL  :)

Edited by VModCinnamon, 13 April 2018 - 01:56 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users