Can't play / updated and when i log in i get "disconnected from server" - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Can't play / updated and when i log in i get "disconnected from server"

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 KerSmack

KerSmack

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 08:40 PM

After moving to a new state and getting slower sat. internet i have found that coming back to iro is giving me issues. When i tried to update my client it was working then seemed to give me error out of nowhere "Error ( No ClientInfo File !!)" Then i get a error called (ResetTheHotKey " Attempt to call a nil value" and then i have to then terminate the program to get rid of the error stuck on my screen.) now it lets me log into my character select screen. i choose a character and then it say "Disconnected from server". After reading the forums it seems that it may be the file got corrupted or the patch was incomplete. I was wondering if anyone could show me where the latest patch can be found and if IRO has any known patch DLing issues if your internet experiences packet loss during the DL?

I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the game to the same effect. next step i can try is to use a different internet source to DL the client and try to patch from there but this is nowhere close to particle since patching is once a week and i live quite far away from most civilization... hence the terrible internet connection.

Any ideas help and thanks.

#2 KerSmack

KerSmack

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 06:51 AM

it seems that even when i install a new client and try to update it it says " connecting to patching server" and then never dl's anything and goes straight to patching complete and lets me log into my charachter choosing screen and then the same "Disconnected from server" msg appears. 

Any ideas on why this could be happening would be helpful...

#3 NarumiMiura

NarumiMiura

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 326 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 12 April 2018 - 09:51 AM

That happened to me when I moved and had nothing but Satellite Internet (HughesNet). I ended up having to use my phone's hot spot to get past the character select screen. I let IRO patch using the satellite wifi cuz that part takes up the most data, and then play switching to my hotspot. Sorry I don't have a real solution to the problem.

Edited by NarumiMiura, 12 April 2018 - 09:53 AM.

#4 KerSmack

KerSmack

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 09:56 AM

Well i also have (HughesNet), i wonder if that is part of the problem. i know my internet is working fine also today with no lost packages. don't think its on my side at least to my knowledge.

Thanks for the response.

#5 NarumiMiura

NarumiMiura

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 326 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 12 April 2018 - 10:06 AM

Np and goodluck!

#6 KerSmack

KerSmack

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 04:40 PM

Fixed the issue, if anyone reads this and has a similar issue feel free to msg me about how to fix it.

And thanks again @

NarumiMiura

#7 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 12 April 2018 - 07:55 PM

In case it's helpful to yourself or others with the same problem:

I've written a guide to updating the client using a cellular Internet connection while minimising the amount of consumed bandwidth. (In your case, you should ignore any references to VPNs.)

#8 Aboed

Aboed

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 224 posts
  • LocationIn A Galaxy Far, Far Away
  • Server:Thor

Posted 12 April 2018 - 08:51 PM

Had the same problem on the recent terra gloria update, patched through client with no errors but keep getting disconnected when choosing char selection.

Got it working by downloading all the new 12/4 files via update server manually to the ro folder

#9 Kiko2222

Kiko2222

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 03:29 AM

how to fix it? i cant DL the manual patch 2018-04-12data_gm_r.gpf always getting drop off connection. already DL the other 5 patch  files. =(

#10 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 13 April 2018 - 01:49 PM

how to fix it? i cant DL the manual patch 2018-04-12data_gm_r.gpf always getting drop off connection. already DL the other 5 patch  files. =(

The instructions referenced in my previous post include a link to a Zip archive that contains all of the updates released up to 2018-04-12.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users