• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Arua

Posted 16 April 2018 - 06:12 PM

20160129_ROSEPatch.png
Patch Notes v657

Item Reinforcement System

Equipment items can now have their durability upgraded up to 100 through item reinforcement!
  • Item reinforcement services are offered by [Armor Merchant] Saki in Junon Polis.
  • Item durability can increase on success or decrease on failure by up to 5 levels per reinforcement attempt.
  • Items that fail a reinforcement attempt will not drop below 1 durability.
  • Items with 0 durability are considered to be damaged beyond repair and cannot be reinforced.
Several new materials which are used to reinforce items are dropped by monsters in Game Arena dungeons.
  • Reinforcement Powder - Used to reinforce items at all levels of durability; Uncommon tier.
  • Reinforcement Alloy (Sn) - Used to reinforce items up to 40 durability; Rare tier.
  • Reinforcement Alloy (Cr) - Used to reinforce items up to 60 durability; Rare tier.
  • Reinforcement Alloy (Mn) - Used to reinforce items up to 80 durability; Rare tier.
  • Reinforcement Alloy (Ti) - Used to reinforce items up to 100 durability; Rare tier.
Optional enhancer materials are also available from the Item Mall to augment your experience with item reinforcement:
  • Reinforcement Compound - Boosts success rate on a reinforcement attempt.
  • Reinforcement Protector - Prevents item durability from degrading on a failed reinforcement attempt.
Bug Fixes
  • Corrected an exploit which allowed paradigm runes to be traded under specific conditions.
  • Corrected issues with Uncommon and Very Rare tier item drops for monsters in Game Arena dungeons.
Lucky Spin
  • Sailor School Costume [New!]
    Spoiler
  • Sleeping Cloud Costume [New!]
    Spoiler
  • Easter Bunny Costume
  • Heroic Meanie Costume
  • Heroic Punk Costume
  • Guardian Behemoth Costume
  • Heavenly Soldier Costume
  • Red Magician Costume
  • White Ninja Costume
  • Celestial Adornment
  • Fox Wing

#2 Snuwfer

Snuwfer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 06:50 PM

So happy to see that you guys fixed rune trading, sad to see players found another way to exploit it.

Keep up the solid work bud, I know you're probably a busy guy.

#3 3942130124084145663

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 16 April 2018 - 06:55 PM

What is uncommon and rare tier means? the drop table or the gears tier that can be reinforced?

Does unique/epic, exalted, grade 9 also can be reinforced?

#4 Snuwfer

Snuwfer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 06:57 PM

What is uncommon and rare tier means? the drop table or the gears tier that can be reinforced?

Does unique/epic, exalted, grade 9 also can be reinforced?

I'm assuming it's all equipment items, and the uncommon and rare tier means the drop table that it will be in.

#5 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 April 2018 - 07:25 PM

So I'm not necessarily against a new system being implemented, but I'm slightly displeased with the balance behind it. Basically, it favors Raiders more than anyone else; the undisputed most played class by a mile and also a contender for the 'strongest' class as well. 

Why does this favor them? 

• Hawker armor has the lowest base durability of all classes but also the highest dodge. Bumping there 15 durability armor to 100 will more more of an impact than it would for other classes
  • Most epic weapons have 100 durability or near 100, so increasing durability on weapons isn't as impactful (soldier weapons are lower yes, but they can fall into the 60-70 dura range)

Soldier armor has higher base durability but the lowest dodge, so increasing the durability on their armor won't make much of a difference.

Basically assuming you max out the durability on weapons and armor, everyone gets higher dodge, though hawkers (specifically raiders) get the biggest upgrade from it. 

#6 credhed

credhed

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 16 April 2018 - 07:34 PM

we could trade rune?!?!

#7 henrycao

henrycao

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 08:01 PM

Durability increases Accuracy, Dodge, and the lifespan of an item.

I really hope class balancing was looked into deeply before implementing this system. Otherwise...

Some equipment start off at a very low durability, which means it has a higher potential stat gain as of now. While on the contrary, other equipment with high durability get capped out very early on and get less of an upgrade.

The situation where different class statistical values stay relatively the same:

High durability weapon, Low durability armor

Low durability weapon, High durability armor

Medium durability weapon, Medium durability armor

However, I do feel that any class that can utilize dodge (ie raiders) just got a buff because the weapon is only 1 slot in comparison to armor being 5 slots. Some classes don't use dodge, so everything just got skewed towards supporting dodge based classes or any class with low base dura equipment. Is this ok?

This Item Reinforcement System is a good idea, it tweaks the classes a bit except I hope it was made to balance the game and not done just for whatever other reason.

Edited by henrycao, 16 April 2018 - 08:05 PM.

#8 CottonCandies

CottonCandies

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 604 posts
  • LocationKuraigana Island
  • Server:Arua/Pegasus

Posted 16 April 2018 - 08:25 PM

Thank you Genesis for the update, raiders will benefit the most from this reinforcement system, I can now upgrade my phoenix wing into 100 lol and you will see a lot of class miss to raiders lol imbalance update xD

#9 Vertumnus

Vertumnus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • Server:(¬‿¬)Rabbit Hole*:・゚✧

Posted 16 April 2018 - 10:00 PM

Yey, Update! I agree that it might actually benefit raider the most, but will also benefit other classes as well, at least for me it's good because I solely do PvM. But I hope class imbalance should be fixed too should it become too apparent.

eZ2QrVc.jpgThank you again for an amazing update!eZ2QrVc.jpg 

Edited by Vertumnus, 16 April 2018 - 10:01 PM.

#10 Cortiz

Cortiz

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationJunon
  • Server:Aura

Posted 17 April 2018 - 04:11 AM

I was already afraid this durability update would allow players to reach the 100 durability on an item.

This will likely have serious balance consequences, some classes more so then others.

#balanceupdate?

Edit:  (BUG)

You can reinforce accessories, the quality of the accessories insn't increase however upon succes the succes chance decreases.  Ive not entirely checked if you gain any benefits from this or not but I doubt this is suppose to even work :p_laugh:

Edited by Cortiz, 17 April 2018 - 05:45 AM.

#11 watermelonnn

watermelonnn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 10:08 AM

glor's dura as of now is 10, 29 ,21, and 19 LOL 

Lets give raiders more dodge! cause 8k wasnt enough...

#12 Snuwfer

Snuwfer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 10:21 AM

more like 10-12k dodge because of garnet 10s, but hey.. DOTs are master race anyway, who cares about accuracy

#13 Phish

Phish

• Members
  • 3564 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 07:38 PM

Some feedback:

Drop rate on alloys is super high. Probably should be lowered slightly, as you can't even pick everything up most of the time in cave of ulverick and you don't get enough reinforcement powder in comparison to it. You need powders for all reinforcement levels and more per refine attempt than alloys yet alloys drop probably 5x the rate that powder does.

There simply are too many materials dropping to even have the inventory space to hold onto anymore. In the last 2 months, 14 new material items were added to dungeons. 7 different small orbs, 4 alloys,  then reinforcement powder, prismatic lattice, and prismatic fiber. (the lattice and fiber are dungeon rewards yes, I know) This also does not include the 7 different large orbs that drop from open world enemies (albeit a horrifically low rate) as well as prismatic dust. 

These are all the materials that drop in dungeons now:

Ez49Q2u.png

As you can see, this does not include Pardigmatic ores, Paridigmatic Dust, Prismatic Fiber, Prismatic Dust, Empowerment Shards, which are relatively common dungeon rewards, all of which are important materials to hold on to. Not to mention 9th grade bindrunes and apotropes, ancient scarabs, forest ash, all of the droprate gems, ulverick medallion etc, and runes as well.

There simply isn't enough inventory space for everything; I don't even have room to hold ammo anymore because of all the drops, and I can't really just scrap some of the less important ones because so many items drop at a time in cave of ulverick that you have to spam the pick up action rather than select specific items. 

• Drop rate on Alloys should be lowered somewhat. Drop rate possibly could be increased on reinforcement powder (possibly).
  • Drop rate on Prismatic Dust and large orbs should be increased  somewhat in the open world. It's sad to see epic weapons drop at a rate 30x more often that a material you need multiples of when they are in the same tier (prismatic dust)
  • Ratio of Paradigmatic Dust and Paradigmatic Ores from quests/dungeon bosses should be adjusted
  • There should be a dirty orb (S) and dirty orb (L) to condense all the clutter in the materials tab
  • Prismatic Lattice, Prismatic Dust, Prismatic Fiber, Large orbs should all be purple in name, not yellow.

Lastly we really need to see some class balancing soon because this update makes the already most played/overpowered class  (in pvp) stronger.

Edited by Phish, 17 April 2018 - 08:04 PM.

#14 dadardz

dadardz

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 01:46 AM

please fix this if this is bug.

Courage Jackal Bandit Boots cant be reinforced ?

*It was Dura 1 fyi.

Edited by dadardz, 21 April 2018 - 03:28 AM.

#15 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

ROSE Online Community Member for July

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 April 2018 - 11:23 AM

please fix this if this is bug.

Courage Jackal Bandit Boots cant be reinforced ?

*It was Dura 1 fyi.

I'm confused because I can reinforce mine with no problem but the base dur on those is 19 not 1... did you try repairing the boots first?  I think I would do that anyway before attempting to reinforce. Makes sense to have the item at it's full "health" before you reinforce

#16 dadardz

dadardz

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 02:03 AM

I'm confused because I can reinforce mine with no problem but the base dur on those is 19 not 1... did you try repairing the boots first?  I think I would do that anyway before attempting to reinforce. Makes sense to have the item at it's full "health" before you reinforce

I got Durability 1/1 from GM/support, since i requested them to change my 2 head parts which bought mistakenly, so they change the 1 head part to boots as i requested. But the problems is, they gave me dura 1/1 which can't be reinforce.

So in this case im confused if dura 1 which not possible to reinforce is a bug? or designed at it is?

If it is design as it is, means any dura will go down to 1 Dura will not be reinforce anymore (looks like impossible but maybe some cases).

#17 Cortiz

Cortiz

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationJunon
  • Server:Aura

Posted 22 April 2018 - 05:30 AM

Sounds like a bug, cause in the patch notes gen say u cant refine 0 durability items but 1 durablity is possible?

I could be the fact that you have gotten this weird item from a GM, I too have gotten some of my armor replaced a while ago because I bought the wrong one but they werent 1 dura  LOL

(I suggest you just make a ticket for it and see if they can do anything about it cause the forum wont solve this for you)

But in all honesty, it looks like there's something wrong with these 1 dura items cause I can't refine any IM mask with 1 dura.

At first I thought you couldnt reinforce masks in general but i was able to reinforce a deku mask with 22 dura or a gloopy mask so I suppose its related to that.

Edited by Cortiz, 22 April 2018 - 01:45 PM.

#18 Lijona

Lijona

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • Locationsunshine coast

Posted 22 April 2018 - 08:32 AM

THIS !  IS !  IMPORTANT !

Some feedback:

Drop rate on alloys is super high. Probably should be lowered slightly, as you can't even pick everything up most of the time in cave of ulverick and you don't get enough reinforcement powder in comparison to it. You need powders for all reinforcement levels and more per refine attempt than alloys yet alloys drop probably 5x the rate that powder does.

There simply are too many materials dropping to even have the inventory space to hold onto anymore. In the last 2 months, 14 new material items were added to dungeons. 7 different small orbs, 4 alloys,  then reinforcement powder, prismatic lattice, and prismatic fiber. (the lattice and fiber are dungeon rewards yes, I know) This also does not include the 7 different large orbs that drop from open world enemies (albeit a horrifically low rate) as well as prismatic dust. 

These are all the materials that drop in dungeons now:

Ez49Q2u.png

As you can see, this does not include Pardigmatic ores, Paridigmatic Dust, Prismatic Fiber, Prismatic Dust, Empowerment Shards, which are relatively common dungeon rewards, all of which are important materials to hold on to. Not to mention 9th grade bindrunes and apotropes, ancient scarabs, forest ash, all of the droprate gems, ulverick medallion etc, and runes as well.

There simply isn't enough inventory space for everything; I don't even have room to hold ammo anymore because of all the drops, and I can't really just scrap some of the less important ones because so many items drop at a time in cave of ulverick that you have to spam the pick up action rather than select specific items. 

• Drop rate on Alloys should be lowered somewhat. Drop rate possibly could be increased on reinforcement powder (possibly).
  • Drop rate on Prismatic Dust and large orbs should be increased  somewhat in the open world. It's sad to see epic weapons drop at a rate 30x more often that a material you need multiples of when they are in the same tier (prismatic dust)
  • Ratio of Paradigmatic Dust and Paradigmatic Ores from quests/dungeon bosses should be adjusted
  • There should be a dirty orb (S) and dirty orb (L) to condense all the clutter in the materials tab
  • Prismatic Lattice, Prismatic Dust, Prismatic Fiber, Large orbs should all be purple in name, not yellow.

Lastly we really need to see some class balancing soon because this update makes the already most played/overpowered class  (in pvp) stronger.

We have so many materials now... and some of us even need ammo... we don't have enough space in inventory anymore.

And the droprate of other needed items is lower now... like Ore... or Lisent... or Shards.... because the new materials are added and they are all in the same dungeon droptable.

#19 klonoa999

klonoa999

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 09:27 PM

Hi Sir Genesis..... Accessories are reinforceable, but it add nothing....

#20 watermelonnn

watermelonnn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 04:33 AM

why would it add anything, accessories are fixed stats lol...

#21 Phish

Phish

• Members
  • 3564 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 03:32 PM

THIS !  IS !  IMPORTANT !

We have so many materials now... and some of us even need ammo... we don't have enough space in inventory anymore.

And the droprate of other needed items is lower now... like Ore... or Lisent... or Shards.... because the new materials are added and they are all in the same dungeon droptable.

Another possibility is to just limit the amount of chemicals that drop in dungeons. There are 10 different chemical types, not all 10 of them need to drop from every dungeon. In fact, 10 different ones with a .1% difference in success don't even need to exist. They could just be condensed down much like the powders and lisents were. There was a period in time where there was actually 15-20 differen powder and lisent types, and they were condensed down to the 4 we have now for logical reasons. For example., chemicals could be condensed down to 5 much: essence, ether, elixir, enthiric, hermes. Just a suggestion though,  as those have all been here since the beginning of time. 

#22 Vertumnus

Vertumnus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • Server:(¬‿¬)Rabbit Hole*:・゚✧

Posted 25 April 2018 - 05:23 AM

Soon, we will just be surprised that they will open a new world as the righteous place for these other drops. Just a wishful thinking. But I hope that they do address the said issues. Just passing by.....

.....HOPS AWAY MINDLESSLY.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users