When will this refund thing start?
- Refunds will start on May 15th. Since we are attempting to ensure we get everyone affected it may take a longer time than usual to go through all the transactions. [5/4/2018 Revision]
Is there anything more specific you can tell us on how the refunds are going to work?
- Players will be refunded back through the payment method used.
Do we have to write tickets?
Due to the number of refunds being distributed, the rollout date for when these will begin has been moved to May 15th. We encourage any players who wish to expedite this process to send a ticket to our support team at support.warpportal.com, and request a refund so we can make sure to get all refunds distributed as quickly as possible.
Please note that if you are from Europe and have registered an account that does not state the affected region by the block you may still receive a refund, but the account will be flagged as from Europe and disabled.”
Are all EU accounts going to be suspended or just blocked from accessing the server?
- All accounts registered from Europe will be disabled on May 25th. In addition any access from Europe will be restricted and we will no longer be accepting European users on to our service.
What is the list of all affected countries?
- All of Geographical Europe except for countries located in the Commonwealth of Independent States
Is Turkey Affected?
Why is this block happening?
- “As we already have announced officially, there were some changes for our European gaming operation and service plan, and unfortunately these changes made GVI to terminate the current European operation policy and strategy. Thanks for your kindly understand and attention on this”
Does “disabled” mean the account is banned, deleted altogether, or just IP blocked?
- Due to the change of our service policy, we will be terminating all services to the European region,as such we will be deleting all user personal information from said region. However some information will be retained that is relevant to the laws and regulations in the United States
So if you're in a non-restricted area you can't access accounts that were originally made/registered in Europe?
- All European accounts created within European area except for Russia and CIS will be inaccessible.
If an eu player logs on to an account will that flag it?
- All European accounts created within European area except for Russia and CIS will be marked with a flag and will be inaccessible.
I paid for a friend's account from Europe so she could be vip, she is located in Mexico. Will she be suspended?
- If her account was made and accessed within Mexico, it will remain accessible.
Can European accounts be transferred to users in North America? What about people that moved there since account creation?
- There will be no account transfer being made. All European accounts created within European area except for Russia and CIS will be inaccessible
How are you going to determine who lives in the EU and who doesn't? Would it be by last login or by place of account creation?
- It will be flagged on the date of creation.
Why are you blocking countries that are not a part of European Union? EU laws do not apply to non-member countries so I don't understand why they are getting blocked too.
- We are blocking all European countries except for Russia and CIS due to the change of service policy not for European Union but for all the European area.
What should we do if our accounts are incorrectly flagged as from Europe?
- All European accounts will be inaccessible. If your account is not European account, please let us know via e-mail.
Is refund mandatory or can we refuse it? If we refuse it is it possible to keep our accounts?
- Regardless, All European accounts will be inaccessible.
What if, in order to play again, someone eventually moves out of EU? All their hard work just disappears and they have to start over?
- If the player’s new place of residence is in the region that Warpportal services, then they can play with new account created within such region. All European accounts created within European area except for Russia and CIS will not be accessible.
If this ban is lifted someday, somehow, how are we (European players) gonna know about it, if we don't have forum access etc? Will the current data for EU accounts be saved or backed up?
Anyone might be a dual citizen and choose to renounce their citizenship in EU to move to their non-EU country before May 25th -- what will you do then?
- Regardless of your nationality or citizenship, All European accounts created within European area except for Russia and CIS will be inaccessible.
If a player wants to leave because all their EU friends are gone, will they qualify for refunds as well
- Only players affected by the new terms and policy changes will receive refunds.
Will players in the UK be able to rejoin after next month when they are not part of the EU anymore?
*If you have any questions regarding specific items, please send a ticket to our GM Team
*Further FAQ Updates may be posted here as well once we receive more information.