Warpportal after 25th of may 2018 - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Warpportal after 25th of may 2018

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Nmrud

Nmrud

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 06 May 2018 - 12:26 AM

After the 25th of may i suspect Warpportal will slowly reduce its efficency and its employers are either qutting or getting kicked. Without explaining it further Warpportal will frankly dissapear.

To bad this company couldnt bear to meet the new regulations formed in the EU. This also shows the capacity and the intentions of this company. If it was serious they would try to adjust themselves to new regulations like many other have. Or they are selling our information and need it to survive?

In a way im not bothered because i reduced my gaming of dragonsaga before they stated the banning of EU players. One of the reason was release of IM costume sets that had insane stats, they kept introducing set after set making this game unbalanced and not in parity with game itself (levels, monster, diffcullty, end story) This probably generated some purchases in cash shop, which they have to pay back. Staff implemented these sets on their own, it was not a wish from the community.

Altough i would like to se how Arcadia part 3 turned out. The release date is set but dont be to sure that its gonna be realeased anyway. And where Popcorn these days?  Havent seen him typing anything. Dragonlark is obvious writing on behalf of the company in all recent posts.

First time in Dragonica 2009, then Dragonsaga 2014. 2018 its RIP to all of it.

#2 blacshift

blacshift

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 May 2018 - 03:03 AM

It is very sad to see that the GMs do nothing or do not say anything
this says a lot about them
GM be honest tell the truth, say now that the server is going to die
or say what plans for the future have for the server
Say what you plan to do and how you will have more players
do not let the community go
  and popcorn I do not see it say anything
this I think it will be the extinction of the dragonsaga  :sob: 

#3 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 06 May 2018 - 04:38 AM

It's not WarpPortal's final say. It's Gravity KR which is the parent company that has sort of failed to adjust to the new regulations.

Although I can't say anything regarding the CMs and GMs, Popcorn is busy with his work regardless and has chosen to write less on the forums. But rest assured he's just as worried about the games future as anyone else if not more as he's unsure how this future decision will impact him being EU based himself.

Dragon Saga alone isn't affected, other WarpPortal games, including Ragnarok Online the parent company's Juggernaut Game, are also suffering from this decision. RO is even forcing non-EU out of it's official European server as well essentially dividing its massive playerbase to two different regions.

However such a decision isn't permanent. Over time we can say work will be done to adjust to these new regulations allowing Gravity to change their decision and reallow EU players.

No one in WarpPortal wanted this I can say. But they have their hands tied.

#4 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 06 May 2018 - 07:47 AM

And where Popcorn these days?  Havent seen him typing anything. 

I am still here and I stay here. Arcadia 3 will be released as planned. I told everyone weeks/months ago in a post I made that I will step away from the forums because of different reasons (for example because of the increasing toxicity on the forums during the last year)  but this has nothing to do with the current situation. When I made this decision no one were even aware that the current situation might happen.

#5 Dragonlark

Dragonlark

Technically Minded

• Community Managers
  • 2738 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 08:08 AM

As Popcorn stated, and as we have posted in the FAQ thread, development on Dragon Saga is not winding down, it is continuing, and Arcadia Episode III is still under works. Unfortunately, CM's cannot provide information we don't have, and we have to wait for the management team to answer the questions we have forwarded on from the FAQ before we can post more information. If you have any other questions or concerns regarding this matter please post them in our FAQ, as this is where we will post further information once we receive it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users