So much lag! - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

So much lag!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ilovemuffin

ilovemuffin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 08:30 PM

I would just like to get more ideas on how to deal with this lag since it started few weeks ago. Some time after the pronouncement of EU region blocking.

Started from mild rubberbanding to unplayable as of this time. 

I'm from Asia, Philippines in particular with wired Fiber connection of 20mbs.

I've posted my tracert here https://forums.warpp...here/?p=2819873

but still no avail on what has been done or anything will be done. Not even a view I presumed from parties handling cases like this. I'm still conducting tracert from time to time and results are just the same with foreign ISP's end giving much delay. (My ping was 16x-19x before all of this, now it's 27x-29x.

Having said that, anyone care to help out on how to mitigate this lag?

What I've tried so far:

1) performed enabling and disabling Nagle's Algorithm. Remained disabled atm.

2) check my firewall and removed my free AV. 

3) tried VPN

All have no effect on my ping. Still lag as hell.

I don't know if it's a system issue as I don't know how to troubleshoot that aspect.

Please help me out.  

#2 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 18 May 2018 - 03:50 AM

Hello,

Would suggest taking a new traceroute log, when done share it here.

See below for more info.

Reposting guidelines to assist with the issue:

Please conduct more tests on the connection as it may be a case of packet loss.
Suggested application to help diagnose the issue with visuals: PingPlotter [link].

How to use PingPlotter:
After installation, add the address: playragnarok.com in the designed area. Set the intervals to a moderate value 5~10 seconds then run the test.
Observe the Latency bar and PL% for packet loss reading (red).

Sample UI of the software in action.

Spoiler

It is worth as well testing Proxy or LeatrixFix, if going with this approach please make sure to test one thing at a time, installing all at once may cause issues.

• Suggested proxy: Battleping, WTFast and Pingzapper.
  • LeatrixLatencyFix which is the easiest of all, official link here.

#3 ilovemuffin

ilovemuffin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 05:27 AM

Here's the recent result of what you've asked. You are right, there's a lot of packets lost in transit. What can I do?

Spoiler

I'll give another feedback once I've done any of your suggested fix.

Thank you for your reply.

#4 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 05:47 AM

Please take a couple more traceroutes and observe the visuals on PingPlotter.

If the packet loss is constant starting at hop #6 then you should contact your ISP, include traceroute log(s) and ping results to them. If there is an issue with the connection itself then VPN/Proxy may not help but give it a try anyway.

At the same time and to be safe, do common troubleshooting attempts like restarting your router/modem and checking the cables connectors are fixed in properly.

#5 ilovemuffin

ilovemuffin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 06:32 AM

Please take a couple more traceroutes and observe the visuals on PingPlotter.

If the packet loss is constant starting at hop #6 then you should contact your ISP, include traceroute log(s) and ping results to them. If there is an issue with the connection itself then VPN/Proxy may not help but give it a try anyway.

At the same time and to be safe, do common troubleshooting attempts like restarting your router/modem and checking the cables connectors are fixed in properly.

My connection seemed stable as it don't disconnect and keeps delivering the same speed anytime of the day. 

On the other hand, I have tried the VPN-Battleping and it worked its wonders. It was the smoothness I'm used to before. No lag whatsoever, everything is snappy(chats, npc convos, warp, etc.) and crisp to look at. Sadly, I don't have the luxury to pay for it and will not pay for only reason to play this game. 

Since I had an experience with WTFast that don't connect or takes too long to connect to its server. Not gonna try it (just a free user also).

Yes, I'm familiar with those methods and do it routinely if something is out of ordinary.

Anyway, guess it is what it is. Time to move on. 

Edit: Thanks so much Cinnamon for the assistance.

Edited by ilovemuffin, 18 May 2018 - 06:36 AM.

#6 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 08:40 AM

No problem.

Do note though, I wouldn't entirely rely on UP/DL speeds when it comes to determining connectivity issues. IRO is extremely latency sensitive, disturbance in route to servers will impact in-game response timers and/or experience rubber band effect. Proxy services ease that a lot but the user's geographic location and connection's health plays a big part in the results.

Out of the services that I used, I prefer Battleping, it is stable and nifty. Sadly, yes it is subscription based service but I can't ignore the fact that it made my game play experience pleasant. We could hope your issue is temporary but you should consider contacting the ISP tech department. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users