Chaos Emergency Maintenance 5/25/18 - Page 15 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Chaos Emergency Maintenance 5/25/18

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
492 replies to this topic

#351 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 May 2018 - 10:24 PM

Oh man. I know the feeling. Sometimes you go into a day expecting it to just be a regular update and suddenly everything goes wrong. Sounds like the hardware update wasn't playing nice with the way the game DB works, resulting intermittent saving issues.

As a player I would hope that these hardware updates were tested on a test environment first. But it seems like it took a while to start seeing problems. So maybe it couldn't be known in advance. Any time you need to update anything on a 10 year old game, it can go sideways very easily. Old does not play nice with new.

So a big time 'yikes', followed by an 'I understand', concluded with 'but I'm disappointed'.

#352 angelopaol1011

angelopaol1011

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 684 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 25 May 2018 - 10:25 PM

please sleep, have some back up personnel work for you, 24 hrs no sleep is madness.

#353 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3030 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground

Posted 25 May 2018 - 10:28 PM

maybe you must give the IT guys some buff like Increase Agi or Blessing, also food buff.

i think they work hard, so must support them..

:heh:

xFZnP6X.png

#354 jedpierre

jedpierre

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 10:29 PM

Jumping Jane for compensation and ill be happy thanks.

#355 carlodeth

carlodeth

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 75 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 10:30 PM

i see next week will be a good week but hopefully the experience is 400(vip) to compensate the loss of time. but i am going to be so much busy in real life starting thursday here in my country so.. hmm what to do ... i am totally sad.. so sad unnie

#356 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3545 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 10:32 PM

Wth you need janeway when you can 99 your char in just couple hours with this 300% exp rates. Believe me it’s harder to find and kill kappas coz of bots than grinding in tis.

#357 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 10:40 PM

Were still going.

#358 PTroy

PTroy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 10:43 PM

homuculus loyalty event please 

#359 8610130815182131580

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 10:46 PM

Were still going.

Yo camp part of the frustration imo is the lack of transparency on realistic expectation. I'd rather you guys say "Server will definitely be down for the next 12 hours, please be patient in the meantime while we try to resolve the issue asap" than to be strung along to lurk forums over and over to see how progress is coming along. People don't want to be strung along at all. I understand you're undergoing alot of stress, so don't stress it! Just tell us things won't be up for "x" amount of time and we'll go do something else, but at least we know what to expect and can come back then. I'd rather the game not be on for a full 12 hours and it be officially announced, than to be strung around being told we are working on it every hour. We know you guys are working hard, so just give us a realistic estimation time and we as players will understand... 

#360 StunTosMati

StunTosMati

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2744 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 10:50 PM

"Currently we are looking at doing a 4 day free VIP weekend next week, Increasing the monster token drop rate, and lastly give a day of VIP to every active VIP member. All of which will happen next week when we have staff available to implement it."

not interest free vip just go higher Drop rate.......hahha

#361 ShenYuel

ShenYuel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • LocationPayon

Posted 25 May 2018 - 11:05 PM

I bet it was the longest 10 minutes ever for most of all people in here right now 

:heh:  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:

#362 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 25 May 2018 - 11:08 PM

Are you also cleaning up all dupped items?

#363 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 11:12 PM

Yo camp part of the frustration imo is the lack of transparency on realistic expectation. I'd rather you guys say "Server will definitely be down for the next 12 hours, please be patient in the meantime while we try to resolve the issue asap" than to be strung along to lurk forums over and over to see how progress is coming along. People don't want to be strung along at all. I understand you're undergoing alot of stress, so don't stress it! Just tell us things won't be up for "x" amount of time and we'll go do something else, but at least we know what to expect and can come back then. I'd rather the game not be on for a full 12 hours and it be officially announced, than to be strung around being told we are working on it every hour. We know you guys are working hard, so just give us a realistic estimation time and we as players will understand... 

I am only giving the estimations I am given. Unfortunately stuff isn't going as planned. If I could tell you exactly how long it is going to be I would.

#364 Cristalion

Cristalion

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 11:17 PM

Thanks god I didn't play yesterday but ufff I was about to buy 30-50 OCP to try luck. I'll be really angry if I got many special item (hahaha probly ill get many crap item) and just lose it for the rollback.

Will be any discount on Kafra Store or maybe give more Kafra Points conversion with wpe.

I'm not planning to take any advantage of the situation.....I'm just giving some suggestions xD

#365 activista

activista

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 169 posts
  • LocationSt. Capitolina Abbey
  • Server:Ghost

Posted 25 May 2018 - 11:19 PM

All we have to do is wait.  :heh:

#366 JaguarBlood

JaguarBlood

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationMidgard

Posted 25 May 2018 - 11:30 PM

i hate this  :sob:

#367 Primerocks

Primerocks

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • LocationAssalamualaikum from Indonesia

Posted 25 May 2018 - 11:31 PM

Jumping Jane for compensation and ill be happy thanks.

Agree

#368 Rezar

Rezar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 11:38 PM

Were still going.

you guys need to take a break! if you guys are where I think you are then drive down to the Stand and grab a burger. we can live without RO for a while! 

#369 AceBanner

AceBanner

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 464 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 11:40 PM

you guys need to take a break! if you guys are where I think you are then drive down to the Stand and grab a burger. we can live without RO for a while!

+100

#370 Mikaichi

Mikaichi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 11:40 PM

OH lol been outside all day long i would have never expect this woudl take that long luckily i got a back up plan

#371 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3030 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground

Posted 25 May 2018 - 11:41 PM

Might as well, its frustrating when all you do is wait for the system to complete itself, and you have to be on standby cause the timer estimate can be either faster or slower than what is displayed.

#372 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Thor

Posted 25 May 2018 - 11:45 PM

Hey Camp,

Will this affect WP bought via Dragon Pay today? because they don't process transactions until end of day unlike other payment methods where you instantly get WP.

Edited by Usurper, 25 May 2018 - 11:45 PM.

#373 ShenYuel

ShenYuel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • LocationPayon

Posted 25 May 2018 - 11:47 PM

Do not be bitter, let's have a sleepover together in forums!

:heh:  :heh:  :heh: 

#374 Rumirier

Rumirier

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Thor, Chaos

Posted 25 May 2018 - 11:48 PM

Yes!! :ok: :ok:

#375 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 11:53 PM

Okay! So good news we had some success bringing the new database hardware up. I am updating the servers right now and hope to have everything up by 3-3:30am

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users