[Comments] RO1 Fashionista's Foto Festival - **Community Contests and Events** - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Comments] RO1 Fashionista's Foto Festival

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

#1 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 31 May 2018 - 05:17 PM

[Comments]

RO1 Fashionista's Foto Festival

Greetings!

In means to keep the event's thread on topic, discussion posted in the ongoing Creative Contest [RO1 Fashionista's Foto Festival] will be moved here.

Users wish to leave feedback about the current event in general or discuss the contest criteria in specific to post in this thread instead.

Reminder: General rules of the forums apply here

Attempts to stir drama/derail will not be tolerated.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 05 June 2018 - 08:58 PM.

#2 carbinemortiser

carbinemortiser

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 405 posts
  • LocationAvalon
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 03 June 2018 - 04:48 PM

Greetings Rune Midgardians!

Our fashionista screenshot contest is here!

Take a picture of anywhere in game with you any any number of friends! Try to take the most interesting screenshot you can and show off your Fashion and adventurer's spirit. Post it in this thread along with a caption and the top 10 upvoted valid entries will then be enter into a final round to be voted on by the staff for the top 3 picks.

All 10 entries will be turned into digital post cards for you to use!
The top 3 picks will also be able to claim any single costume headgear from the following selection.

• Costume Full Bloom Hairpin
  • Costume Choir Hat
  • Costume Valhalla Idol
  • Costume Red Wing Hat
  • Costume Strawberry in Mouth
  • Costume Eden Group Hat II
  • Costume White Rabbit
  • Costume Warm Cat Muffler
  • Costume Blinking Eyes
  • Costume Magenta Ribbon
  • Costume Tail Hat

Rules

• Only one winning entry per play location. We don't care if its you and your brother for the purposes of this contest each play location can only win one prize.
  • Screenshots exhibited a lack of adventurer's spirit will be disqualified.
    • Screenshots showing abusive behavior will be removed
    • Do not show excessive or ugly client editing
    • Content showing politically or religiously sensitive material will be removed.
  • Votes made by scrub accounts will not be counted. If the abuse is too great a secondary voting period will be made.
  • Above all be cool to teach other and show off your best side to the camera!

By the way, until when is the submission period and voting period?

Also, is there a consolation prize? It would be nice to have something to remember the event.

So far, there's no 0 inspiration/effort submission so it wouldn't be a bad idea to have a consolation prize for everyone that participated, don't you think?

#3 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 03 June 2018 - 04:56 PM

Also, is there a consolation prize? It would be nice to have something to remember the event.

So far, there's no 0 inspiration/effort submission so it wouldn't be a bad idea to have a consolation prize for everyone that participated, don't you think?

If I were to extend on this, maybe you actually deciding on the top 3, rather than even bothering with the top 10 upvoted. You got experience in this field, it shouldn't take too much time to pick 3 you think are the most creative.

#4 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 03 June 2018 - 07:19 PM

the shortlisting of 10 most upvoted entry is not reflecting the quality. It is simply about your connection to other people and to beg other people to upvote for you. Even some people go thru creating alt accounts to upvote themselves in desperate to win the most upvotes.

My suggestion:

judges decide 5 winners

3 winners from jugding to keep it civil

2 winners from most upvotes as fan favourite

#5 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 03 June 2018 - 10:19 PM

the shortlisting of 10 most upvoted entry is not reflecting the quality. It is simply about your connection to other people and to beg other people to upvote for you. Even some people go thru creating alt accounts to upvote themselves in desperate to win the most upvotes.

My suggestion:

judges decide 5 winners

That's petty. When I read this thread. All I had in my head was to find a screenshot that would best describe me in iRO. That's how I got this "You may not pass" idea and went to take a screenshot in my city town. I just want to participate. I dont really care about winning reward to use it afk or to sell it either. Having incentives is good but at the same time it also breeds greed. Had they chosen to use judges to decide, some people'd go on babbling about favoritism later on  :rice:

#6 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4114 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 10:26 PM

My suggestion:
judges decide 5 winners

Agreed

Its still not too late to change

#7 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 12:20 AM

yeah actually, i'd have it though quality picking would always end up saying it's rigged and / or favorites. so at the very least, sticking to the actual mechanics wouldn't be as bad. for me the solution is for this to have a participation prize. i'd believe most of us would like that. it is enough to say this was a very active event too. so why not?

#8 ChainsOfHeaven

ChainsOfHeaven

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 80 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 June 2018 - 07:58 PM

Why encourage interesting or creative contributions when pandering for votes is what means the most at the end of the day?  

#9 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 04:07 AM

it's actually more fair than most people think

• top 10 = community side
  • top 3 = the team chooses

anyone from the top 10 assuming community members were interested in voting and rooting for entries is now going to go through the final 3 by which quality is now judged. i would say a participation prize overall is a nice fix. because even getting in the top 10 from votes the highest doesnt mean they win by default, that is if the team actually puts quality choosing in this

quality picking raw 50+ entries is highly likely going to be flamed for favoritism. listen for one second, nuggets

#10 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 06:50 AM

The other sharing thread is pretty quiet even the event is meant to be more rejoicing and celebrating. It is because it doesn’t offer prizes ... greedy greedy humans xD

Edited by ChakriGuard, 06 June 2018 - 06:54 AM.

#11 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 06 June 2018 - 01:10 PM

it's actually more fair than most people think

• top 10 = community side
  • top 3 = the team chooses

anyone from the top 10 assuming community members were interested in voting and rooting for entries is now going to go through the final 3 by which quality is now judged. i would say a participation prize overall is a nice fix. because even getting in the top 10 from votes the highest doesnt mean they win by default, that is if the team actually puts quality choosing in this

quality picking raw 50+ entries is highly likely going to be flamed for favoritism. listen for one second, nuggets

You completely missed fuyu's point.

#12 CMAstra

CMAstra

Maje҉s͘t͡ic S̛pa͠će ͢W̡hal͞ȩ

• Community Managers
  • 1120 posts
  • Twitter:CM_Astra

Posted 06 June 2018 - 02:26 PM

I've updated the OP to define the contest's end period for both submission and voting (June 29, 11:59PM PDT).

The staff will consider consolation prizes and add it to the OP if we decide to change anything else.

#13 carbinemortiser

carbinemortiser

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 405 posts
  • LocationAvalon
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 06 June 2018 - 03:23 PM

Thanks Astra.

#14 Stephanie

Stephanie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 252 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 June 2018 - 04:01 PM

Oh lala ~ participation prizes would be really nice  :ok:

#15 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 04:13 PM

You completely missed fuyu's point.

i got his point, i respect it. my point was that why focus on just giving 5 winners nice stuff when this activity deserves more, the entrants themselves deserve more

you see, im not the only one missing points >.>

#16 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 07 June 2018 - 12:44 PM

i got his point, i respect it. my point was that why focus on just giving 5 winners nice stuff when this activity deserves more, the entrants themselves deserve more

you see, im not the only one missing points >.>

It's a competition. There are winners and losers. If it were a giveaway then why even bother with screenshots, why not just code the redeemer everyone who plays? The whole point of having limited winners is to give incentive to those who enter to think about what they are going to present to the judges of said competition and put their best entry forward.

#17 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 01:30 PM

It's a competition. There are winners and losers. If it were a giveaway then why even bother with screenshots, why not just code the redeemer everyone who plays? The whole point of having limited winners is to give incentive to those who enter to think about what they are going to present to the judges of said competition and put their best entry forward.

That doesn’t make sense. I suggested before to improve WoE rewards and you said no. What’s up with there are winners and losers :P

#18 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 07 June 2018 - 01:35 PM

That doesn’t make sense. I suggested before to improve WoE rewards and you said no. What’s up with there are winners and losers :P

Because people don't WoE anymore, it would be 2 hours of doing nothing just to get weekly rewards.

#19 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 01:46 PM

Because people don't WoE anymore, it would be 2 hours of doing nothing just to get weekly rewards.

No D:<

And no one does WoE now because there is no good reward. Even we have tons of OCPs now to gear up, so gear difference is not an issue.

To back up my claim, do you see the other 15th anniversary thread? Wanna tell me why it’s empty and dead and no one bothers to post anything? Right ... it doesn’t offer rewards. Just like WoE, no good rewards, instant trashy things.

Juat to make sure you understand what other people are trying to say about the rewards here. Greed always makes people go insane. Also no I’m not interested in this event reward, so I’m not trying to win anything. I just participated because I could to make the thread more welcoming and active.

#20 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 07 June 2018 - 02:18 PM

No D:<

And no one does WoE now because there is no good reward. Even we have tons of OCPs now to gear up, so gear difference is not an issue.

To back up my claim, do you see the other 15th anniversary thread? Wanna tell me why it’s empty and dead and no one bothers to post anything? Right ... it doesn’t offer rewards. Just like WoE, no good rewards, instant trashy things.

Juat to make sure you understand what other people are trying to say about the rewards here. Greed always makes people go insane. Also no I’m not interested in this event reward, so I’m not trying to win anything. I just participated because I could to make the thread more welcoming and active.

There were multiple reasons and you know that :I

#21 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 04:02 PM

i guess i tackled this more personally. none (at least for me) gave -_--tier outputs. or maybe it's the "art is subjective" kicking in. anyhow you guys do you. i would just say this isn't like the loading screens where people can just grab stuff monthly. it's an anniversary event for christs sake and even irl different situations call for different measures

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users