#1 harlokjai

harlokjai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 851 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 June 2018 - 09:25 PM

Hi again, been posting so much lately. Thanks for those who indulge me with their patience and advice. (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ

So with OCP XIX comes the temporal ring. I can see people are selling it so expensive in Eden, but my question is, what's so good about it? I'm just curious.

Is it good for WL?

My opinion:

1. Skill delay 30% - well, 3rd class skill don't really have skill delay apart from CL. So that means can recast CL 1 sec faster. While that's great, i wouldn't call it OP
  2. Cast time reduce by 20% - great again, but a valk drop or celine set have 50% FCT reduction is probably better? Though i'm not sure what they're nerfing for Valk drop.
  3. INT + 40 = that is 60 MATK + original 50 = 110 MATK. Great again, but really only used for normal mobs, cause against boss, I'll prob use celine set and magician glove anyway.
  4. DEX +40 = probably helps quite a bit with cast speed, but prob not faster than the 50% FCT reduction? Again, I'm in flavor of using magician gloves usually.

Not to mention it forces you to use Temp boots which means you can't really use it with Pororoca set.

Edited by harlokjai, 23 June 2018 - 09:27 PM.

#2 Casval17

Casval17

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1376 posts
  • LocationAxis Debris
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 23 June 2018 - 09:40 PM

For speed of light and temp. rings combo, as you've said only some skills in WL arsenal that benefitting through cast delay reductions bonus. If you got other means for getting cast delay reductions aside from the ring then survivor's set is better for chain lightning case.

For runaway magic enchant and temporal rings combo, some skills that rely on direct amount of INT status on their formula will be greatly affected with the combo, like WL soul expansion case .

For hawkeye enchant and temporal rings combo +40 dex bonus is not really worth for WL to achieve instant vct cast through status vct reductions, since most of WL spells either got long cooldown or long cast delay.

IMO only runaway magic and speed of light combo with the rings that's worth for WL, the remainder are not really necessary

Edited by Casval17, 23 June 2018 - 09:42 PM.

#3 VanishingPoint

VanishingPoint

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1244 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 09:43 PM

The variable cast reduction might be good for you if you need it.

#4 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 23 June 2018 - 09:47 PM

VCT reduction is pretty useless with how easy it is to get instant cast via stats.

#5 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 23 June 2018 - 10:43 PM

The best use case for WL is Speed of Light, the 30% case delay reduction is quite useful for spamming chain lighting, especially if you already have Kiel(s). The other enchants however, I fail to see how useful they are. The VCT reduction, as already explained by other posters, aint really that important for WL. Also for WL the Runaway Magic(INT +40) aint that helpful either, as most WL skills do not depend on INT(except for Soul Expansion). From my personal experience, the proc of Runaway Magic is more of trouble than benefit when it procs for my WL(it drains SP way too quickly), I've been using slotted temporal boots for my WL since a year ago as I cant stand Runaway Magic anymore. Though its a very neat idea if you also play Sorc and you are sharing gears between WL and Sorc. Unlike WL, most Sorc skills have INT in their damage formula, the INT + 40 bonus will come in handy.

Edited by LordYggdrasill, 23 June 2018 - 10:46 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users