S207

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationCancun MX
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 26 June 2018 - 07:47 AM

Since Raffler its a good way to draw zeny from the players, as your way to tackle inflation, many players just do not do it due to the odds of getting the item. With a 4 digit random number generation, it means (and we assume) 1 out of 9999 possible combinations, 0.01% of getting the item, thats a card drop rate. If this rate its higher or lower, idk, I sucks at math. However, I think we will bet higher if we got 1% chance to get the item, so my suggestion is make it a 2 digits random number, from 1 to 99, even with 2m cost, surely can pay that.

#2 S207

S207

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationCancun MX

Posted 30 June 2018 - 05:56 AM

Oh I forgot to add... And with a 1% chance at 1m or 2m, your goal of draw zeny will be achieve! is what you looking for, right?

#3 Hendra88

Hendra88

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 620 posts

Posted 30 June 2018 - 11:26 PM

I dont know about odds in raffler it seems strange .. i burn around 600M and never win any prize but there are people who can win 2-3 times ... damn

#4 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 04 July 2018 - 12:16 PM

Since Raffler its a good way to draw zeny from the players, as your way to tackle inflation, many players just do not do it due to the odds of getting the item. With a 4 digit random number generation, it means (and we assume) 1 out of 9999 possible combinations, 0.01% of getting the item, thats a card drop rate. If this rate its higher or lower, idk, I sucks at math. However, I think we will bet higher if we got 1% chance to get the item, so my suggestion is make it a 2 digits random number, from 1 to 99, even with 2m cost, surely can pay that.

Many of the items have a 1% or higher chance to win them. 

In fact, only 4 of the prizes have a less than 1% chance to win (cursed frag, tengu mask costume, bubble gum, and blacksmith blessing). 

#5 S207

S207

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationCancun MX

Posted 05 July 2018 - 07:08 AM

Many of the items have a 1% or higher chance to win them. 

In fact, only 4 of the prizes have a less than 1% chance to win (cursed frag, tengu mask costume, bubble gum, and blacksmith blessing). 

they did not release the current rate, and so far I see its sometimes 3 random number (the zero at left invisible?) and 4 digit random number, get ur odds there.

#6 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 05 July 2018 - 07:34 AM

they did not release the current rate, and so far I see its sometimes 3 random number (the zero at left invisible?) and 4 digit random number, get ur odds there.

You can infer the rate based on the highest number presented:

https://irowiki.org/...ent#June_28_.7E

I did raffler a lot, and still do. Krit and I went through many trials keeping track of the highest value shown.

Anyway, I think your assumption that many of the pulls are 4 digit numbers is incorrect. And even the cases of 3 digit numbers don't actually go up to 999.

You can also see this in action when some items (like HE gum or Bloody Branches) are won within a literal minute, despite only a dozen or so people playing the raffler. 

Edited by mildcontempt, 05 July 2018 - 07:35 AM.

#7 S207

S207

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationCancun MX

Posted 05 July 2018 - 08:49 AM

You can infer the rate based on the highest number presented:

https://irowiki.org/...ent#June_28_.7E

I did raffler a lot, and still do. Krit and I went through many trials keeping track of the highest value shown.

Anyway, I think your assumption that many of the pulls are 4 digit numbers is incorrect. And even the cases of 3 digit numbers don't actually go up to 999.

You can also see this in action when some items (like HE gum or Bloody Branches) are won within a literal minute, despite only a dozen or so people playing the raffler. 

Alright, I will take ur experience as a good odd prediction, but you know there is no exactly value posted by staff, even with a lot of tries, its always RNG.I tough many of those was for 1m, i even try and always pull for 1m ie on tengu mask costume. Ty for sharing

#8 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 05 July 2018 - 09:56 AM

NP, and I appreciate you being open to the information. 

The odds may change ofc with the new list of items, even the older stuff may shift, so it's something we'll have to retabulate.

#9 Hogbae

Hogbae

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1247 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 04:48 AM

Should post in the feedback thread. But I don't mind the odds, what bugs me is the consolation prizes being so meh...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users