This post is to make a mathematical evaluation of the new battle surcoat assuming that RTB will never be able to crit.
RTB takes priority over DA.
As we know, there's a 50% chance to get a DA and a 20% chance to get a RTB. Lets say you perform an attack and both chances hit, which skill takes priority to activate? RTB or DA?
I'm assuming that since Sigma and Ash has said that it is an auto-skill, it would take priority over DA which is a passive, leaving you with 20% chance to get RTB, 40% chance to get DA and 40% chance to get normal attacks.
25% Damage lost during RTB
In my own build, my crit attack dmg is approx. 4x my normal attack dmg, which means if RTB activates, i get only 75% of my normal crit dmg. Depending on your own crit gears, the damage loss will be different, but for now you can go with mine.
All attacks besides RTB are critical.
Really not that hard to achieve.
With the 3 assumption, Battle surcoat will result in a
0.75*0.2 (RTB activate) + 0.4*2 (double attack crit) + 0.4 (crit attack)
= 1.35x increase of your current DPS
While you will lose approx 32% crit dmg using this coat over FAW Fatal433, the 1.35X increase in DPS is likely to be way larger than the 32% crit dmg. Your overall DPS will increase as a result of using this surcoat, assuming you are playing a CRIT class that does not already have double attack in their skill repertoire.
Does it sound good? Yes, it's actually sounds not that bad, but that's where the trap is. In essence, there's basically only RK, MECH and AB that plays critical attacks without having some form of DA already. And only CRIT RK is even somewhat closer to playable amongst the 3, but there is literally no reason to use this coat for CRIT RKs as your priority is always to increase your Crush Strike damage. This coat would only increase the amount of RNG you face when using CS, since there is a 20% chance that your damage falls rather than increase due to the RTB activation. And honestly, which one of you have a crit mech/ab to play with? To conclude, this is a really crappy piece of Rare OCP garment that's only good in rare occasions.
Good luck to those selling it
Edited by blackCROSSCY, 03 August 2018 - 08:47 AM.