Taiwan Hong Kong and Macau Block Response - Page 6 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 2 votes

Taiwan Hong Kong and Macau Block Response

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
297 replies to this topic

#126 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 31 July 2018 - 07:34 PM

“EU got banned. Never mind I’m gonna keep spending money or sacrificing my hobbies to farm things in iRO until it is my turn to get banned”. This is the mentality some people have which is fine as long as they will accept the ban “gracefully”, hahaha

I just burned 31 safe to 10 Certs trying to +10 my gear. If it was years before, I would rage hard. Strange enough, I lol’ed and didn’t really feel the pain as if I’ve come to realize iRO is becoming Classic 2.0 whereas nothing matters anymore

#127 Kiwimaster

Kiwimaster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 114 posts
  • LocationSeattle
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 31 July 2018 - 08:02 PM

Maybe if TwRO dies they can unblock em? till then then. :ho:

That's what I'll be hoping for in the mean time. twRO deserves to go down the sewage. It'll be a while until the indignation subsided...I hope I won't end up burning myself up as human sacrifice to pray to the devil to rain sulfur of doom upon those twRO people....

Edited by Kiwimaster, 31 July 2018 - 08:02 PM.

#128 heickelrrx

heickelrrx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 345 posts
  • Server:Valkriye

Posted 31 July 2018 - 08:04 PM

I smell that salty twitch streamer rant on reddit again,

In a Perfect World, we do not need concern about this, we can play on our home region server and expect same content and policy across all region

sadly Lot of overseas server are so suck and nasty, chasing us out of our home server and play on iRO

Edited by heickelrrx, 31 July 2018 - 08:07 PM.

#129 vinstc

vinstc

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 08:15 PM

it's funny how tw ask on this late of game, I don't think ppl who play from tw here is That many to enforce

this is interesting how will these go on

well we have 163 members in our communication group. all twRO players who r playing in iRO

Edited by vinstc, 31 July 2018 - 08:17 PM.

#130 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 08:16 PM

This is a SCAM!!! You feed us with OCP and madbunny events and then you ban us? That is just ridiculous!!!! Very ridiculous!!

#131 Kiwimaster

Kiwimaster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 114 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 31 July 2018 - 08:21 PM

well we have 163 members in our communication group. all twRO players who r playing in iRO

That doesn't even include people who were never in twRO...

There are iRO players that are unfortunate enough to be in Taiwan/Hong Kong/Macau too

One thing about leaving Australia is that the internet is better now in Taiwan, but now I guess it means nothing anymore...

#132 vinstc

vinstc

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 08:32 PM

That doesn't even include people who were never in twRO...
There are iRO players that are unfortunate enough to be in Taiwan/Hong Kong/Macau too
One thing about leaving Australia is that the internet is better now in Taiwan, but now I guess it means nothing anymore...

exactly, u can never imagine how many players are affected by this block, just because we are normally very quiet doesnt mean we aren't here nor we dun mind being bullied
we are sad mainly because no advance notice was made. u can apply the block, but please tell us before hand and not after that cash drawing anniversary event blackhole. stopping our service after money is spent. disappointed

Edited by vinstc, 31 July 2018 - 08:44 PM.

#133 heickelrrx

heickelrrx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 08:42 PM

tw should've close their server and migrate all data to iRO

happy ending

#134 markopolong

markopolong

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 08:50 PM

Can we get a list of country that is directly service as what u mentioned Camp? Just checking if mine is not in the list, i may want to uninstall RO now to make space for another game..XOXO

#135 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 31 July 2018 - 09:00 PM

rofl.

I didn't even know why i had hope with this game.

#136 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3028 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground

Posted 31 July 2018 - 09:12 PM

“EU got banned. Never mind I’m gonna keep spending money or sacrificing my hobbies to farm things in iRO until it is my turn to get banned”. This is the mentality some people have which is fine as long as they will accept the ban “gracefully”, hahaha

In other words.. people around me are dying.. I will continue to seek the lost treasure of Ragnarok eventhough my death is coming closer. I will at least fulfill my last wish before I die....

Cliche? But its easy to understand that mentality :3 

A lot of us will...

#137 KianS

KianS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 868 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 09:16 PM

So, do we expect twRO got DDoS because of this?

#138 ad0l

ad0l

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1068 posts
  • Server:thor

Posted 31 July 2018 - 09:37 PM

I would have to look up the exact list but it includes Canada, Mexico and many SA countries.

Currently there are no plans to ban PH users. They came to us from the merge and did everything right in joining us.

currently huh even so it gives me chills , i would comfortable if you say "there's no way" in any case we should vigilant on spending on this game cuz if not we players will lose all our efforts and money on this game..

#139 Hendra88

Hendra88

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 620 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 09:43 PM

Another sad news, and this time no warning at all please don't forget that problems can't be solved just by apologizing ...

WP should tell us in advance info about this regional lock and what other regional that will locked like this ... surely WP know from which countries that IRO playerr based from, and act like this just slowly kill the communities

#140 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3028 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 09:46 PM

Eventhough twRO requested for a regional IP Lock they should at least give WP some time, like one month period before restricting access from said IP addresses. Like a one month notice or something.

I hope moving forward, WP can raise this issue with Gravity or Gungho.

If they keep giving out immediate restriction and stuffs, this knee jerk reaction will definitely continue.

#141 heickelrrx

heickelrrx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 10:09 PM

Eventhough twRO requested for a regional IP Lock they should at least give WP some time, like one month period before restricting access from said IP addresses. Like a one month notice or something.

If they keep giving out immediate restriction and stuffs, this knee jerk reaction will definitely continue.

last time, too much RMT :(

please remember that Ragnarok is a Services, we technically enjoy service, but not own anything 

Edited by heickelrrx, 31 July 2018 - 10:10 PM.

#142 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 31 July 2018 - 10:13 PM

twRO is being managed by kRO, so I doubt raising the issue with Gravity (kRO) will do anything.

#143 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Server:TRO

Posted 31 July 2018 - 10:26 PM

Can we get a list of country that is directly service as what u mentioned Camp? Just checking if mine is not in the list, i may want to uninstall RO now to make space for another game..XOXO

Currently RO is provided to following 80 countries (except South Korea) : Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau, Indonesia, the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, India, Thailand, Brazil, Russia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Estonia, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, France, Belgium, the United Kingdom, Finland, Sweden, Norway, Ireland, Scotland, Denmark, Spain, Austria, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Switzerland, Turkey, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, Oman, Lebanon, Mauritania, Egypt, Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia, Guyana, Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela, Bolivia, Republic of Suriname, Argentina, Ecuador, Uruguay, Chile, Colombia, Paraguay, Peru, the Philippines, Singapore and Malaysia. 

So subtracts following countries where have official publisher.
Japan for JRO
Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau for TWRO
Thailand for ROTH
Philippines for ROPH
Malaysia and Singapore for ROMYSG
Brazil for BRO
Indonesia for IDRO
28 European countries for EURO
Russia and CIS countries for RURO

So the rest are countries where provide RO under WP.

#144 markoh1988

markoh1988

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1645 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 31 July 2018 - 10:30 PM

Eh eh not so fast. Until i say so.. LEL

In other words.. people around me are dying.. I will continue to seek the lost treasure of Ragnarok eventhough my death is coming closer. I will at least fulfill my last wish before I die....

Cliche? But its easy to understand that mentality :3 

A lot of us will...

Gonna fulfill my last wish of a MVP card drop. then i can #RIP

#145 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3028 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 10:34 PM

twRO is being managed by kRO, so I doubt raising the issue with Gravity (kRO) will do anything.

Can't even raise the issue of advance warning or disclosure to the public?  :hmm:  

So its always immediate press release for kRO.

#146 BamMiddle

BamMiddle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 280 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 31 July 2018 - 10:36 PM

Currently RO is provided to following 80 countries (except South Korea) : Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau, Indonesia, the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, India, Thailand, Brazil, Russia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Estonia, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, France, Belgium, the United Kingdom, Finland, Sweden, Norway, Ireland, Scotland, Denmark, Spain, Austria, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Switzerland, Turkey, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, Oman, Lebanon, Mauritania, Egypt, Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia, Guyana, Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela, Bolivia, Republic of Suriname, Argentina, Ecuador, Uruguay, Chile, Colombia, Paraguay, Peru, the Philippines, Singapore and Malaysia. 

Japan for JRO
Thailand for ROTH
Philippines for ROPH
Brazil for BRO
Indonesia for IDRO

Here lies a guy that is not even from WP team and give info better then anyone that is currently working under WP team, seriously Sigma thanks for all the info during the years/months that you provide with items updates and everything else.

As WP position towards this IP Block is such a shame, i'm stating one more take that just want to take our money and leave it like that.

I'm not recommending this server to anyone else until i feel the position of this company is right towards new/veterans players, this company is slowly ruining any affection that the player has with the server.

And to all GM's that are reading and following this thread, please just lock it like you guys always do when its start's to get controversial towards WP.

Edited by BamMiddle, 31 July 2018 - 10:38 PM.

#147 markoh1988

markoh1988

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1645 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 31 July 2018 - 10:37 PM

Can't even raise the issue of advance warning or disclosure to the public?  :hmm:  

So its always immediate press release for kRO.

It a matter of whether they care for us players .

#148 Stephanie

Stephanie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 252 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 31 July 2018 - 10:39 PM

Japan for JRO
Thailand for ROTH
Philippines for ROPH

Brazil for BRO
Indonesia for IDRO

Edited for convenience. Let me know if I missed anything.

Bold represents countries with official publishers; whereas strikethrough represents countries where iRO no longer provides its services.

#149 markoh1988

markoh1988

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1645 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 31 July 2018 - 10:45 PM

INCOMING BAN HAMMER!! on the rest of BOLD countries. 

#150 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 31 July 2018 - 10:49 PM

Shame on you WarpPortal, how dare you not be there on the weekend!

Don't you dare try to use the fact that a quarterly report that was published literally just before the weekend that shows a huge revenue loss for twRO. How dare YOU for not expecting upper management to have a knee-jerk reaction to this, I mean there is NO example of this having happened before, let alone recently.

And for -_-s sakes, you really think we are stupid enough to believe that the same upper management that made really sound well thought out decisions in the past would even dare to think to do an IP ban in hopes of getting people back to twRO, in spite of the "ALLEGEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD" terrible practices of said publisher.

Feel the shame! FEEL IT!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users