#1 Br4nd0n

Br4nd0n

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 196 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 August 2010 - 05:07 AM

1) I'm not sure if I got this job order right;
Novice->First job class->Second job class->Novice->High first job class->Transcendent second job class.

2) When you become a novice for the second time your base and job level reset to 1, correct?

3) When we get the 3rd job classes, can we switch to them from a transcendent job (Lord Knight->Rune Knight)?

Thanks.

#2 Chaiso

Chaiso

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 261 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 August 2010 - 05:34 AM

1) Yes, technically its High Novice but its still the same thing anyway.
2) Yes you go back to base 1 and job 1, you get 100 stat points to freely distribute as you please.
3) 3rd jobs can go from either second class (Knight -> Rune Knight) or trans second class ( Lord Knight -> Rune Knight). Going trans is recommended for going 3rd class if you have the patience as in renewal it is much faster to level and the HP/SP bonus + skills make up for the extra time spent.

Edited by Chaiso, 07 August 2010 - 05:36 AM.

#3 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 07 August 2010 - 10:05 AM

I just wanted to add that when you transcend and become a High Novice that the 100 stat points that you get is better than the original novices 24. Also they apparently don't have to lower one to increase another like the first time. Meaning if you want to you could pump Int+Str right off. Or Agi and Luk, or Dex and Vit. Before with those ones you could get set one to 9 but the other had to be 1.

Only thing I don't like about the process is that you have to stick to the same path you chose the last time. Like lets say you went Novice -> Mage -> Wizard the first time through. On trans you would then have to go High Novice -> High Mage -> High Wizzard. You couldn't change your mind and go Scholar the second time.

#4 randomblah

randomblah

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 01:31 PM

Wouldn't it actually be better to get 99 2nd job, then wait until Renewal? Because I thought the leveling curve starts more at 3rd job than the 90's.

#5 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 07 August 2010 - 01:52 PM

It depends on what you plan on doing with the character.

If you go to third class without transcending, you will miss out on some very valuable and useful skills.

If you mean wait until renewal to trans, then I guess that is an option. It is true leveling is easier in renewal, but either way you look at it, leveling now will mean you're a higher level when renewal hits.

#6 randomblah

randomblah

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 03:30 PM

Yeah, I meant wait until Renewal, then trans then. I guess if you want to be WOE'ing and PVPing in Renewal fast then transing right away would be better.

#7 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 07 August 2010 - 06:20 PM

I mean, yes, it is easier to conventionally level in renewal, but since renewal is still probably months away, leveling now could you get you comfortably into your 90s by the time renewal hits. The first bit of levels after trans'ing aren't bad, it's going past like 96 or so that start to take a while.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users