#1 cory

cory

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1719 posts
  • LocationSt. Pete, FL
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 August 2018 - 09:15 AM

Just came back and curious if the survivor set made the empowered mora staffs obsolete in terms of pure damage.

Still trying to wrap my head with all this new cash shop gear.

#2 yuzknight2

yuzknight2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 25 August 2018 - 06:04 PM

Survivor's set are the most superior set of Warlock right now (+Celine set for Boss).

#3 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 25 August 2018 - 06:55 PM

Obsolete as obsolete does

#4 DataDrain

DataDrain

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1552 posts
  • LocationPadepokan Pencak Silat
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 25 August 2018 - 07:02 PM

Just came back and curious if the survivor set made the empowered mora staffs obsolete in terms of pure damage.

Still trying to wrap my head with all this new cash shop gear.

Welcome back cory, have you recovered from your mispriced vended empowered staff in the past :p_hi:

To sum it up La'cryma Stick + Pororoca Shoes beats Empowered Aqua Staff in damage and versatility. (The set grants default 50% mdef bypass to everything if you maxed out frost nova, and it allows you to cast deluge anywhere which allows you to use waterball not only in watery map, the set also grants massive boost to waterball skill damage modifier and overall water magic boost when the stick is refined high enough)

Survivor's Set (Rod, Circlet, Orb, Cloak, Shoes) beats empowered golden staff and forest staff, this set similar to La'cryma set which also grants default 50% mdef bypass to everything from the rod and shoes combo alone, it also good for Comet since it grants massive neutral magic damage boost besides the jupitel thunder, heaven's drive, chain lightning, earth strain skills damage boost and overall earth and wind magic boost.

Valkyrie Knife beats empowered crimson staff for crimson rock damage purpose, since nightmare ancient mummy and true kathryne keyron cards are accessible in game now and we got this mob psycho 100 set thing which grants 360 MATK boost if your base INT and DEX are 120.

But normal mora crimson staff set with nightmare ancient mummy garment and 2 pcs true kk card should be able to close the huge gap when not against boss monsters, since one of your accessory slots are defaulted to crimson orb, so you need to choose between using PDM for 100% magic defense bypass or celine brooch for boss protocol target magic boost damage.

The notable accessories choice for magic caster class now are PDM = Perverse Demon Mask (adds 15% mdef bypass to everything for every 18 base STR status invested), Magician's Glove (50% mdef bypass to everything, can equip 2 pcs to grant 100% mdef bypass to everything) and celine brooch (grants huge matk damage boost to boss protocol monsters)

There are more choices for magic autocaster, but I think you might less interested in those since your main class is warlock.

#5 NekoCaptainNoob

NekoCaptainNoob

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 04 September 2018 - 11:59 PM

If focus on normal mobs   w/ only Crimson Rocks    I think this set up would be fine 

+9 OBMH of Fire    <   30% MDEF bypass

Sunglasses of Fire + Mob Scarf 

+10  Normal Mora Crimson Staff  w/  2x True KK

Crimson Robe 

any Garment with Nightmare Ancient Mummy card     (Cloak of Survival  , Spell 19 FAW ,  HBP ,   Adventurer Spirit    etc....   depend on you   cheap or luxury) 

+9 Crimson Shoes  [Nightmare Verit]  

Crimson Orb  

PDM   w/  90 Str < 75% bypass   combo with  OBMH =   100%

BTW  I think  for Crimson Rock build    Valk Knife  w/ 4x True KK better  because you can have another  gears (not fix only Mora set for complete combo)   

and you can wear a shield ...  (Recommend  Gaia < especially leveling against Earth Mobs  ,   Anemos , MBS) 

Edited by NekoCaptainNoob, 05 September 2018 - 12:05 AM.

#6 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 September 2018 - 04:13 AM

+9 OBMH of Fire    <   30% MDEF bypass

PDM   w/  90 Str < 75% bypass   combo with  OBMH =   100%

Seems that +9 OBMH gives 40% MDEF bypass actually, so you only need 72 STR to make 60% MDEF bypass from PDM to get 100% total. But yeah, its a common confusion due to the ambiguous description on the item, I thought it was 30% too myself at first.

Edited by LordYggdrasill, 05 September 2018 - 04:13 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users