Newbie question about gears

3 replies to this topic

#1 FlippityFlippy

FlippityFlippy

I am New.

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 10:51 PM

So I've been in the game for maybe a week now and I've finally made my character reach ML20, he's an assassin.

Is it worth to craft Osiris gears for a newbie like me? I literally have nothing except for the zennies I've saved up while doing quests so AH is not an option for me. I met someone who's kind enough to give me some materials for it, the Pharaoh ones but that's it. Or should I just focus more on leveling and aim for Serenia gears instead?

Also, I'm using the Joser set except for the accessories if anybody wants to know.

#2 Arbalist

Arbalist

Too Legit To Quit

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 1307 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 08 October 2018 - 11:19 AM

Definitely worth considering upgrading from the Joser set. Unlike up to ML 20, you'll really need to rely on parties as a new player for higher levels and you'll drag the team down when grinding if you're not upgrading to better sets from now on. On the other hand, nobody really expects assassins to contribute to the grinding efficiency so you might be able to get away with leeching. At the very least, try to get the Osiris weapon first, as your next viable upgrade is at ML 27. You could also try farming the recipes/gears/materials yourself, as they aren't hard to make, just takes a bit of time. From there on, you can pick up the Lich set when you hit ML 27. If you have that you can skip Cazar (ML 30) and if you're still poor by that time, then you can buy Ignatius gear as a budget option (you won't be strong enough to farm it yourself) and then skip Eddga before getting to Serenia.

Also worth thinking about earning some zeny now as it is going to be inefficient relying on self-sufficiency from this point forward.

EDIT: Just remembered that Assassins do have a role they can sorta fulfill in higher level grinding: Luring monsters. In this case, you'll want to have some defense and maxed Shadow Armor, so I guess in a way, you might as well get the rest of the Osiris set as well. 

Edited by Arbalist, 08 October 2018 - 11:48 AM.

#3 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois
  • Server:Odin

Posted 08 October 2018 - 01:20 PM

He can skip Osiris gears and get Witch gears at ML21 from monster drop or the Auction house.  Might also find a guild, someone might have gear to let you borrow as you level up.

Edited by flukeSG2, 08 October 2018 - 01:20 PM.

#4 Arbalist

Arbalist

Too Legit To Quit

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 1307 posts

Posted 08 October 2018 - 04:27 PM

Right, I keep thinking Witch is trash but I'm told it's still a decent ~30% marginal increase from Joser compared to ~60% from Osiris (I haven't looked at numbers myself to confirm this). For most other classes I wouldn't recommend it but I guess it'll do the job as a cheap bridging set.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users