Ragnarok Online & Ragnarok RE:START
Low Budget Cosplay Contest
October 12 - November 4, 11:59PM PST
Open to all Ragnarok players!
It's a cosplay contest unlike any other! Use your creativity to show us how YOU would construct a Ragnarok cosplay on a budget!
The inspiration for this contest comes from none other than the legendary Low Cost Cosplayer! Feel free to poke through his gallery for ideas
Use household (or minimally purchased) items to construct a Ragnarok-related cosplay, snap some photos of you doing it, and share it here for the chance to win some prizes!
All of the following are fair game for cosplay dress-up:
- Ragnarok monsters
- Ragnarok class characters and NPCs
- Ragnarok items and costumes
The inspiration for this contest comes from the Low Cost Cosplayer! Open the spoiler below for examples of his work!
Please note that your entry MUST be photographed! Conceptual drawings or heavily Photoshopped entries will not qualify. Please read the rules below for more details!
In your entry, please include the following information:
IGN (In-Game Character Name):
Chosen Participation Prize: (see below for details)
- Only one entry per user! Please do not submit multiple entries, including across alternate accounts. Multiple entries made using alternate accounts will be disqualified.
- Make sure YOU made it! All entries must be made by the submitter specifically for the purposes of this contest. Work previously submitted to any other contest will not be accepted. Commissioned works will not be accepted.
- Keep digital edits to a minimum. Most of your entry must within the photo, cobbled together from found or cheap objects. If you want to digitally alter it, for example for adding effects, that's fine, but it cannot be largely Photoshopped or drawn over. Such entries will not qualify, and we will ask you to redo them.
- All entries must be rated PG-13. Excessive violence, strong language, or NSFW content will not be permitted.
- Must be iRO related! Content of all entries must be related to international Ragnarok Online and its contents. If it is not recognizable as iRO-related, it may be removed.
- Follow the forum rules. Please follow the rest of the general forum rules when participating in this contest - no inappropriate content, no bullying, flamebaiting, abuse, etc. Any entries containing these unsavory elements will be immediately disqualified.
- Make sure your work is able to be seen. All entries must be able to be accessed publicly to be considered for the contest. Imgur is a good host for images and YouTube is a good host for videos, you may use any of your choice as long as the image shows up.
- No reserving spots. "Reserve" posts will be removed by VMods and staff. Please do not reserve posts, just post when you are ready.
- Expectation of effort. Although this is a low budget contest, it is not a low effort contest. A certain level of effort is expected of these entries. Any entry that is deemed to be of low effort or done solely to gain a prize will be removed, and the submitter will be notified of this and given the chance to try again. Excessive instances of this will be considered spam and the submitter will not be allowed to submit again.
The rules may be changed at any point in time as potential issues arise. If you have any concerns, please PM me with the issue
5 winning entries will be chosen from all qualifying participating entries.
The Ragnarok staff will judge all entries based largely on creativity, ingenuity, and originality in order to find the top 5.
All qualifying participants may receive one of the following Creative Convention Hats:
- Creative Convention Chapeau (Blue): AGI +1, upper headgear, not a costume
- Classic Creative Cap (Red): INT+1, MDEF+3, upper headgear, not a costume
- Creative Convention Hat (Green): INT+1, DEX+1, upper costume
- Creative Convention Cap (Yellow): LUK+1, upper headgear, not a costume
In your entry, please specify which on you want by referring to the hat by its color.
The 5 winners will receive the following Grand Prize:
- The winner's title of [Frugal Fashionista]
- One of the following costumes:
- Costume Gothic Headdress
- Costume Smokie Knit Cap
Best of luck everyone!
Edited by VModCinnamon, 04 November 2018 - 04:01 PM.