Help deciding on a new character? GX/WL/RK/RG? - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Help deciding on a new character? GX/WL/RK/RG?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

#1 4103161207215504667

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 08:50 AM

Hi everyone! Recently got a Geneticist to max level and I was hoping to start a new character soon! I'm sort of on the fence with a few classes and was maybe hoping the community could help guide me. So, there are a few things that I want out of the class. That being said, I realize that Geneticist really covers most, if not all, of the criteria that I'm looking for... but I do want to try something new!

What I'm hoping to achieve with the new class:

1) Great solo'ability -- I do tend to solo a lot of content and occasionally participate with my guild in events, but I'd like a class that can solo instances and MvPs effectively! This for me means, high single target damage for bosses, good AoE for mob clearing and strong self-sustainability 

2) Unique playstyle? -- this is more subjective but I'm looking for something that's more interesting than left clicking (i.e. Cart Cannon lol)

Those two criteria being said, I was looking at the following classes (And I'll try to list what I like and don't like):

Guillotine Cross -- Great solo class, high single target, good AoE, but seems boring, expensive to get very strong and extremely overplayed

Warlock -- Admittedly, I don't know much about the class -- seems to have great AoE and single target, can solo bio5, interesting and unique playstyle -- is it squishy? How does it fare in solo content?

Rune Knight -- I would love to go with a crit build here, but it seems very niche, somewhat difficult class (with the fixes being constantly denied to the class), expensive? Dragon Breathe / Ignition Break seem meh.

Royal Guard -- Great HP pool, tanky, seems to have decent damage? My concern is that it'll take MVP cards and extremely expensive items to make this class shine.

Please give your thoughts and personal experiences!

Thanks everyone :)

**I really would like to avoid one-sentence answers -- sell me on your class choice!**

#2 Doral

Doral

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 779 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 October 2018 - 11:32 AM

I say WL = I see them do almost all instances

#3 4103161207215504667

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 11:49 AM

I say WL = I see them do almost all instances

Could you elaborate, please?

#4 Doral

Doral

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 779 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 October 2018 - 12:36 PM

Could you elaborate, please?

I've seen them use their skill drain life for free pot.
I've seen them use safety wall at bio5 for survival (they can solo bio5)

I've seen them do some of the instances. 

I judge a character based on videos at youtube.

If i see a char easily do endless tower, and bio5 that char is for all instances.

#5 4103161207215504667

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 01:42 PM

Yeah, I've been watching a few youtube videos and Warlock seems fun -- I'm curious if anyone has any experience with the classes

#6 Vladdin

Vladdin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 616 posts
  • LocationJuno
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 October 2018 - 02:49 PM

I got RG. All is good except for the fact that I can't finish most instances without dying.

Specially, ET.

#7 LeeKelly

LeeKelly

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 588 posts
  • LocationUmbala; Amatsu

Posted 22 October 2018 - 05:15 PM

If all you need is zenny making and since you already maxed your gene, i would recommend GX. Fast and efficient farming.

If you want to look cool and smexy go for Physical RK. Check out my vids.

#8 4103161207215504667

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 07:06 PM

GX does seem to be fit the criteria the best for what I'm looking for...

I've seen your videos LeeKelly! I've always wanted to make a crit RK because nostalgia -- but I don't know if I could ever get to a level where it'd out DPS a GX. RKs do look cool AF though  :p_love:

#9 LeeKelly

LeeKelly

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 588 posts
  • LocationUmbala; Amatsu

Posted 22 October 2018 - 07:46 PM

GX does seem to be fit the criteria the best for what I'm looking for...

I've seen your videos LeeKelly! I've always wanted to make a crit RK because nostalgia -- but I don't know if I could ever get to a level where it'd out DPS a GX. RKs do look cool AF though  :p_love:

Thanks! I think RKs will never out DPS GXs but will always look smexy AF than them for sure. You can never go wrong with either GX or RK. Subscribe for future smexiness!  :p_love:

Edited by LeeKelly, 22 October 2018 - 10:41 PM.

#10 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4118 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 07:51 PM

RK have more button to press than GX

But you'll look infinitely cooler than a GX

#11 deforte

deforte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 08:39 PM

female GX is sexier than female RK especially when your looking from back :)

on topic: for unique game play i choose RG it have built in RNG thingy xD

#12 LeeKelly

LeeKelly

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 588 posts
  • LocationUmbala; Amatsu

Posted 22 October 2018 - 10:42 PM

female GX is sexier than female RK especially when your looking from back :)

on topic: for unique game play i choose RG it have built in RNG thingy xD

I see what you did there. Hahaha. RGs are smexy too.

#13 4103161207215504667

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 23 October 2018 - 09:17 AM

So, I've been looking into the classes and there are a few things that I'm concerned about with each class. Maybe someone can shed some light? 

**Note: When I say expensive, it's not a HUGE factor since all things are expensive to gear properly, but the main sets required for the build to succeed in solo content is exceedingly expensive

RK -- haven't had any love from WP with regards to promised changes, I want to go crit RK but it's expensive AF (Lindy Hop or True Seyren Cards) and I suspect it's not a great solo build (LOOKS GREAT THOUGH), DB seems like a boring build

RG -- Has a somewhat clunky kit, also expensive to gear to a level where it can solo content, buff reliant?

WL -- Needs multiple sets of gear at refined levels to succeed in solo content (Suvivor Set, Magician's Gloves, Lycryima + Pororoca Shoes)

#14 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 24 October 2018 - 03:32 PM

If you want what you described in the OP go with Gx, or WL. Gx can do pretty much all instances with pretty cheap equipments. Then you can branch out to something else if you want.

I said WL because you said you want something unique, and WL provides that and has a plethora of skills do use. The sets and gears are many however.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users