#1 8494140805110025600

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 09 November 2018 - 10:18 PM

Greetings,

I represent one of the few players still left in the woe TE scene as of Nov 2018. Having been introduced to woe TE for around 2 years now, I can clearly see the rapid change in the playstyle, heavily due to the introduction of OCP items. Hence my proposal, of re-vamping back woe TE back to it's original form, for pure "training". I do understand that OCPs are what keep the game afloat and there's lots of $$ there, but under a declining population, lets not hurt what's left of the reason many people still play this 2 decades old game.

https://irowiki.org/...raining_Edition

First and foremost, according to the list above, we have 2 main items that doesn't really impact the current meta of play in woe TE as much, namely GTB and Maya purple card. Instead of banning these, I'm suggesting a pure flat out ban on ALL OCP items. The main purpose of woe te is to encourage teamwork and practice, which is totally not the case in many of the existing guilds.

The introduction of the first game changing item would be Sapphire Wrists which I believe made biochems extremely overpowered with the skill "Acid Bomb", then came many others. I'll love to add that certain OCPs are great to encourage new players, for example the "Pink Poo Hat". Gives a hefty reduction of 13% and is slotted at a mere price of less than 100m zeny atm, compared to the other alternative of RPB/CEBs.

However when the latest item for review to enter the scene be "Nature Dress" is purely ridiculous. This very item increases damage for biochems the most, having it increase 40% physical and magical for all players. That's almost doubling the damage of the currently already overpowered Acid Bomb. The very idea of biochems has been broken since the Fenrir Scroll bug came to knowledge of many of the bigger guilds. I guess the only downside would be that people on this item are prone to statuses. But really who cares, if you're under Sacrifice and have a few standby priests.

I personally don't WoE at all as I feel that the lack of reward, combined with the one shot feast makes it unappealing for my palate. Should WoE TE change to become like this one shot feast, there's truely no point of giving a -_- anymore.

Lets share our thoughts and hope that something gets done for the future of WoE, WoE TE and iR0:Chaos as a whole.

Edited by 8494140805110025600, 09 November 2018 - 10:25 PM.

#2 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 10:40 AM

i'm immediately all for this idea, strongly because i entered this game in 2007 and at the time, what you describe is exactly how the game was. there were no lucky boxes or OCP items, let alone a kafra shop. it didnt even exist. no safe certs, and only +10 possible. teamwork was absolutely the fundamental basis of success. player skill was required to be good. you couldn't just rich-noob your way to victory.

naturally we cant do away with safe certs & +11 or higher gear since TE rules are merely a small branch of the larger aspect-tree of RO, but keeping the OCPs out of woe TE definitely makes that version of woe much more interesting and desirable. why? because of the entire b.s. concept of rich versus poor. its obvious that anyone with decent wealth irl will be sporting top notch gears while anyone who doesnt, wont. i know its mixed in the guilds too.. there are both rich and poor players alike. but still, i hate to say it, but some people are weak-willed -[combined with]- when they get to that point where they can't be better because 'they can't afford it', which is completely understandable, well.. they've reached their limit. i've had those feelings too in the past. "why bother when people pay their way to victory?". now i can afford a bit more to gamble on boxes and the like so its not as much of a concern, but i remember well my roots: it wasn't always like that.

Limiting the playing field, however, will draw people in. im actually even more strict in my wishful thinking than OP. i would love for the only usable gear in TE to be quest-acquired gear only. ditch all lucky box/ocp items entirely. no faw, no etran, no ceb, etc etc. permit sunnies since they were, once a long long time ago, actually quest-attainable. that kind of thing.

@camp, @gravity, @warpportal, @managers: you want more numbers in your server? limit the playing field 100% in TE.

#3 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 14 November 2018 - 11:37 AM

I think OCP items should be banned from all forms of WoE, and just be used for PVM.

#4 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 14 November 2018 - 12:02 PM

in that case, pretty much all cash shop items, because a FAW is just as much of a power jump as many ocp gears :T

#5 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4118 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 03:50 PM

Rental gear only :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users