How to get past 2nd faceworm (waterball)? - Thief Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

How to get past 2nd faceworm (waterball)?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Sinzz

Sinzz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 November 2018 - 12:13 AM

Hi All,

I need some advice on how to beat the 2nd dark faceworm that spams waterball. Sometimes I am able to beat it but in most cases not as the incoming damage is too much from waterball.

Here is a screenshot of what I use to fight it. As you can see I already have aqua armour plus I stack it with a coldproof pot yet I am still dying to waterball due to the crazy number of hits even after damage reduction. I am currently taking about 80 damage per hit from each waterball after all these reductions.

Level: 142

HP: 37.5k

LCNm8CG.png

I normally just pop EDP and auto attack all the way. If RNG is on my side I will be able to leech enough HP back to offset the damage I am receiving from waterball but in most cases not and even with spamming white pots I still end up dying before I can down him. 

Would appreciate some tips on how else I can approach this.

Thanks,

Sinz

#2 canon019

canon019

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 01:13 AM

Use succubus pet or malicious shadow set and buy another engkanto for your Rideword

I'm taking 90+ damage each waterball but i barely used any pot at that stage and I'm using RC btw

#3 Zayaan

Zayaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1802 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 01:21 AM

LTogOPe.png

Red dot = where the Dark Faceworm spawns

Line = where you should walk to

Blue dots = where the hidden mobs that cast Water Ball will spawn. 3 of them will be inside the wall and be unable to target you.

#4 Sinzz

Sinzz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 14 November 2018 - 01:21 AM

Use succubus pet or malicious shadow set and buy another engkanto for your Rideword

I'm taking 90+ damage each waterball but i barely used any pot at that stage and I'm using RC btw

I am already using malicious set. Would you say RC works better than auto attacking with EDP in this case? Ive got MA here too but I don't think its viable for solo targets - especially this one.

#5 canon019

canon019

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 02:11 AM

Yeah, it deal more damage so more HP leech and you're using mali thana while i'm using Crimson Katar [2 AK ] HP leech shouldn't be your issue.

Do you already have Dark Claw?

I don't know about MA never used before.

Or

You just do like Zayaan said, kite Dark faceworm near wall, but i never do that before :heh:  

#6 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 14 November 2018 - 05:54 AM

My advice is to get toy syringe or flamel card in your backpack.

I can tell your level still low, once you get to 160+ the 2nd faceworm will only tickle.

Genie garmet helps too if you don't want to invest in toy syringe or flamel but in my opinion flamel>raydric.

#7 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4118 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 06:53 AM

fear no more, leviathan muffler is coming!

#8 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 14 November 2018 - 08:41 AM

XD

#9 Sinzz

Sinzz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 14 November 2018 - 02:20 PM

My advice is to get toy syringe or flamel card in your backpack.

I can tell your level still low, once you get to 160+ the 2nd faceworm will only tickle.

Genie garmet helps too if you don't want to invest in toy syringe or flamel but in my opinion flamel>raydric.

That sounds ideal if I had the funds haha. Thanks though I think I need to rack up more levels then it'll be a lot easier.

#10 Sinzz

Sinzz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 14 November 2018 - 02:23 PM

Yeah, it deal more damage so more HP leech and you're using mali thana while i'm using Crimson Katar [2 AK ] HP leech shouldn't be your issue.

Do you already have Dark Claw?

I don't know about MA never used before.

Or

You just do like Zayaan said, kite Dark faceworm near wall, but i never do that before :heh:  

LTogOPe.png

Blue dots = where the hidden mobs that cast Water Ball will spawn. 3 of them will be inside the wall and be unable to target you.

Yes I use Dark Claw. I'll give RC a go and see. Also thanks for the suggestion Zayaan I'm not sure of the exact location due to lack of minimap in the instance but will experiment and try this out today.

#11 hammie

hammie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 760 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 07:18 PM

It's pretty much north of where the worm spawns. It makes it a lot easier.

#12 Hendra88

Hendra88

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 620 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 07:57 PM

Use halu walk if the faceworm start WB ... u just need to lvl up more and add more aspd for faster RC spin like 188-190 aspd .. and u dont need to use phen card on gx

#13 Sinzz

Sinzz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 15 November 2018 - 04:17 AM

Use halu walk if the faceworm start WB ... u just need to lvl up more and add more aspd for faster RC spin like 188-190 aspd .. and u dont need to use phen card on gx

It's pretty much north of where the worm spawns. It makes it a lot easier.

I'm using Phen card for MA at the moment until I can get my hands on an imperial glove. I tried the north strategy and it worked. Also RC seems to work better with EDP in this case. Managed to clear all 4 faceworms at least . Thanks for the suggestions all.  :thx:

Edited by Sinzz, 15 November 2018 - 04:19 AM.

#14 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3545 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 04:52 AM

Just wait till leviathan muffler comes. It gives 100% water resist lol. Btw you can also put another engkanto card on your hg for further dmg.

Edited by Boyeteers, 15 November 2018 - 04:53 AM.

#15 canon019

canon019

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 03:55 PM

I'm using Phen card for MA at the moment until I can get my hands on an imperial glove. I tried the north strategy and it worked. Also RC seems to work better with EDP in this case. Managed to clear all 4 faceworms at least . Thanks for the suggestions all.  :thx:

Only 4? How about the Queen? :v

#16 Sinzz

Sinzz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 19 November 2018 - 02:42 PM

Only 4? How about the Queen? :v

I'm still learning on how to down her. I reckon my level is still a little low for that but will see how I go. Thanks again.

#17 canon019

canon019

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 04:35 PM

There are many faceworm queen video at youtube, you could learn how to bug her  :no1:

#18 Sinzz

Sinzz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 19 November 2018 - 05:54 PM

There are many faceworm queen video at youtube, you could learn how to bug her  :no1:

I think I might have come across that. Where you lock her into poison element. I'll give it a go this week :)

#19 ilovemuffin

ilovemuffin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 07:15 PM

LTogOPe.png

This is gold! no gears needed whatsoever. Thanks

#20 KianS

KianS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 870 posts

Posted 24 November 2018 - 02:27 AM

Why is there no one mentioning +9 Faceworm Egg Shell [1] with Engkanto Card? It reduces damage from Faceworm Instance by 50% and increase your damage in the instance by 50%. Invest in one and thanks me later.

Your gears are way better than mine when I was in your level. You just need to EDP then RC and remember +9 Faceworm Egg Shell [1].

At your level, IMO, you should get 90 VIT and 59 LUK instead; better HP, better for instance and leveling.

FYI, MA just cost too much to spam it.

#21 mussa255

mussa255

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 24 November 2018 - 10:10 AM

Why is there no one mentioning +9 Faceworm Egg Shell [1] with Engkanto Card? It reduces damage from Faceworm Instance by 50% and increase your damage in the instance by 50%. Invest in one and thanks me later.

Your gears are way better than mine when I was in your level. You just need to EDP then RC and remember +9 Faceworm Egg Shell [1].

At your level, IMO, you should get 90 VIT and 59 LUK instead; better HP, better for instance and leveling.

FYI, MA just cost too much to spam it.

i am wondering as well why no one mention it

that 80% more atk with engkanto card and 50% reduce damg with this you just use waterproof to fight the 2nd boss and no need for armor at all

Edited by mussa255, 24 November 2018 - 10:10 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users