125-150 is literally the worst. - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

125-150 is literally the worst.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
70 replies to this topic

#26 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 05 December 2018 - 09:06 AM

Like does anyone actually do the TI when eremes is in it?

bro that was some of the best exp i came across in years lmao. i was in there experimenting with ME builds for AB. those new punisher shoes/holy stick combo stacked up with big ben/neo punk was legit as F. i was one shotting everything and leeching my people and my own characters as well. easy leveling = teleport->pnuema->ME->repeat lmfao.

eremes are chumps if you gear correctly. best shield you could likely use against them is hell imuke since SD is ranged. basically using this shield.. instead of getting one shotted on a baby gen, i was getting 2 shotted. but if you know how to cell-walk and hopefully you're wearing maya P's, then you can avoid getting 2-shotted easily.

you should take pride in the fact that when things like eremes come into high ti, few people want to do it.

basically gives you the entire map to yourself to experiment however the F you want lmao.

#27 Valtios

Valtios

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 09:12 AM

People have being used to the easy-one-shot late game that when it comes to leveling, they feel frustration of not having the same capacity. How funny it's that leveling requires more "effort" than our end-game content.

Edited by Valtios, 05 December 2018 - 09:13 AM.

#28 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 December 2018 - 09:39 AM

I farmed eremes, and got about 700 energy fragments from krishna and agent katar lol.

#29 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Thor

Posted 05 December 2018 - 09:40 AM

-_- why do I miss iRO nooooo...I can't escape..halp.

#30 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 10:26 AM

People have being used to the easy-one-shot late game that when it comes to leveling, they feel frustration of not having the same capacity. How funny it's that leveling requires more "effort" than our end-game content.

lmao i kinda laugh at this too.

just because you pick up a big stick doesn't mean you're instantly going to know how to swing it lollllllll

#31 S7th

S7th

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 11:03 AM

140-150 verus daily quests are pretty good exp, pop a bmx when turn in and go for 1-2 scaraba TI

After Lv. 141, Bifrost Tower is a good place for leveling too, especially when the exp is boosted, I like that place and the BGM.

#32 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 12:40 PM

After Lv. 141, Bifrost Tower is a good place for leveling too, especially when the exp is boosted, I like that place and the BGM.

Same, I go here as soon as I can as I much prefer it over Scaraba. Often I'll go straight from centipedes to bifrost 2. 

#33 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 01:35 PM

Same, I go here as soon as I can as I much prefer it over Scaraba. Often I'll go straight from centipedes to bifrost 2. 

we used to do guild pulling parties there a while back with mental sensing on lvl 2. the map is so small and easy to pull stuff to the center, im surprised more people dont do this during exp events.

#34 TattooedChef

TattooedChef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 531 posts
  • LocationSeventh level of Hell

Posted 05 December 2018 - 02:36 PM

Bruh TKM in Thor could max a trans character in like 2 hrs. And you could do it with solo or duo. How are you trying to say its shorter feedback now than it was back then?

Renewal made everything so freaking slow. And you can tell because everything they've done is trying to compensate for that. Being forced to level on maps you are way stronger than is totally dumb. The fact that you are penalized for killing things that are higher level than you is insane.

LOL!!!

You are either a troll or a noob from a pserver if you think Renewal made leveling slow. If you had played before Renewal then you would know what slow really was.

#35 Ilindith

Ilindith

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1451 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 02:46 PM

Those levels do suck a bit more than others. But meh, I've played more grindy games so never was a big deal to me.

#36 yauhoilun

yauhoilun

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 02:49 PM

There is always prize medal you know...if you are rich lol :heh:

#37 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 02:59 PM

LOL!!!

You are either a troll or a noob from a pserver if you think Renewal made leveling slow. If you had played before Renewal then you would know what slow really was.

Lol yea, it would take like 20+ kills just to get 0.01% xp  after like lv 95  Once renewal hit, it took a measly 2h, if not less to go from 97-99. That same feat, would've took like a year to pull off before renewal, and that's a year of hardcore playing, not casual playing

Edited by Zoltor, 05 December 2018 - 03:11 PM.

#38 hammie

hammie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 760 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 03:49 PM

Honestly leveling now has never been easier. there's so many exp events, the battle manuals, Ti etc. sure it might not be instant but it's insanely fast. I was trying to level my 2nd (130) GX but got stuck because scaraba was so dead but gonna try other spots with TI boards and abyss lake if that's still a decent place to go.  in some case i'd say 97 to 99 takes maybe 30 to one hour if you have a good party. most of the time i get -_-ty parties though :(

Edited by hammie, 05 December 2018 - 03:50 PM.

#39 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 03:53 PM

LOL!!!

Lol yea, it would take like 20+ kills just to get 0.01% xp  after like lv 95  Once renewal hit, it took a measly 2h, if not less to go from 97-99. That same feat, would've took like a year to pull off before renewal, and that's a year of hardcore playing, not casual playing

17 hours of straight grinding from 98-99 on an ice caves duo with my HP and a sinx who could one shot SD when i lex'd. talk about pain

#40 4103161207215504667

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 04:26 PM

I don't think anyone is forcing you to go to those maps to level up. I mean, they're the most efficient, but if all you care about is leveling efficiently, then yeah you're going to be disappointed. Sucks that you feel that way, 'cause I find that doing the entrance quests aren't terrible. It's something to break up the monotony of leveling up.

I personally find that leveling is super easy if my goal isn't to get to 175 in a week. Just log on when I feel like leveling, do a bit of BBs here and there and just log out and do other things.

#41 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 04:29 PM

17 hours of straight grinding from 98-99 on an ice caves duo with my HP and a sinx who could one shot SD when i lex'd. talk about pain

Well Sins/sinx don't count. Sins have always been broken as hess, easily fastest class to lv in the game.

#42 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 05 December 2018 - 06:13 PM

Entrance quests to unlock instances is fine. Entrance quests to unlock leveling maps is pure BS, especially given how few high level maps there are in the game with no hope of sensible expansions on them.

#43 PIayboy

PIayboy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 769 posts
  • LocationRiding on a rainbow.
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 December 2018 - 06:39 PM

LOL. if u died at Lv 95-99  = lost 5-10 hrs of grinding i heard :heh:  :sob: .

Edited by PIayboy, 05 December 2018 - 06:40 PM.

#44 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 07:03 PM

LOL. if u died at Lv 95-99  = lost 5-10 hrs of grinding i heard :heh:  :sob: .

Actually, it was way, way worse then that, if you were lv 98(or even 97 if you weren't using a knight, sader or sin type class). That's why whatever you do, you made sure not to die(have your finger ready to butterfly out of there, and dear lord you made sure not to get stunned). Better spam those whites too. Anyone who thinks It's harder to lv now, then it was before renewal, must be high.

Edited by Zoltor, 05 December 2018 - 07:13 PM.

#45 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 08:31 PM

Or maybe they are better at leveling in both versions than you are. 

#46 TattooedChef

TattooedChef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 531 posts
  • LocationSeventh level of Hell

Posted 05 December 2018 - 09:25 PM

Actually, it was way, way worse then that, if you were lv 98(or even 97 if you weren't using a knight, sader or sin type class). That's why whatever you do, you made sure not to die(have your finger ready to butterfly out of there, and dear lord you made sure not to get stunned). Better spam those whites too. Anyone who thinks It's harder to lv now, then it was before renewal, must be high.

Preach brotha!

Leveling now is hella easy and I pity those that feel otherwise.

Or maybe they are better at leveling in both versions than you are. 

Bro, you have failed miserably in trying to prove your point. Move on already...

#47 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 10:51 PM

I mean you are both objectively wrong and haven't actually addressed any of the issues listed in the OP. Classic was faster, granted you had to get less levels total. Though despite less levels, the exp curve was harder. Thor was 300m/hr off event (not to mention bio3 was even faster). I've personally maxed 4 chars in a night selling leeches at Thor on Classic. On top of that Classic and other Pre-renewal servers had Ice Dungeon events and Abyss Lake events that weren't as fast as Thor but still faster than Renewal. Im not talking about RO 2006, obviously there is a reason most people quit before Trans even came out.

Renewal is slower but easier, and the level range I am talking about is the most awkward to get through and you can clearly see it is a wall for most people. I'm not saying its hard. I'm not saying I can't do it. I am just saying its BAD. You'd have to be really ignorant to compare Scaraba to NCT and be like, "Yeah that is a similar leveling experience relative to each level range."

ld_7.png

Most people exist in the range that I am talking about. The 150 block is slightly higher because of people that quit before 175 expansion came out. You can clearly see that once people make it to 150 they are much more likely to get to 175 and not get stuck somewhere in between.

ld_6.png

On Classic more people exist at the max range than any other category that isn't spam-bot level. If you still think renewal leveling is better you need to get your facts straight and learn to formulate ideas based on something you can cite other than your own anecdotes.

Edited by Scuba, 05 December 2018 - 11:05 PM.

#48 KianS

KianS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 870 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 11:36 PM

140-150 verus daily quests are pretty good exp, pop a bmx when turn in and go for 1-2 scaraba TI

Come here for this, not disappointed.  :heh:

The problem is you might need some element focused weapon?

The last time I tried, like half year ago, the exp is not as good as Rake and Antler Scarabas. Not sure about now.

125 to 130 you can actually try out Juperos 01.

mid 130 you can try OGH.

#49 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 06 December 2018 - 02:41 AM

pre renewal was faster by the time it was almost becoming renewal, after some exp tweaks and buffs, and new places introduced. I used to leech characters in bio3 and it was pretty damn fast. Granted, you needed to have some decent funding for that.

When ppl say pre renewal was slower, i'm pretty sure they refer to when these alternatives didnt existed, in this case, yeah.

But anyways, renewal made RO into a completely different game, it's almost silly to compare the two.

#50 kohakuchan

kohakuchan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 03:29 AM

You can WoE. 

what woe u want to woe when u get one hit by every class? isnt it make more frustation?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users