125-150 is literally the worst. - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

125-150 is literally the worst.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
70 replies to this topic

#51 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 03:37 AM

what woe u want to woe when u get one hit by every class? isnt it make more frustation?

Did these new stupid woe specific equipment really break woe that badly, because unless you're poorly geared, that shouldn't happen.

Edited by Zoltor, 06 December 2018 - 03:43 AM.

#52 kohakuchan

kohakuchan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 06 December 2018 - 03:38 AM

Actually, it was way, way worse then that, if you were lv 98(or even 97 if you weren't using a knight, sader or sin type class). That's why whatever you do, you made sure not to die(have your finger ready to butterfly out of there, and dear lord you made sure not to get stunned). Better spam those whites too. Anyone who thinks It's harder to lv now, then it was before renewal, must be high.

when before ernewal ro still lifely and u can get many party. now u see everyone solo

#53 azumak1

azumak1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1347 posts
  • Server:Chaos!

Posted 06 December 2018 - 04:04 AM

Did these new stupid woe specific equipment really break woe that badly, because unless you're poorly geared, that shouldn't happen.

You're in for a treat, friendo!

https://irowiki.org/...s_Care_Packages

#54 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 04:13 AM

You're in for a treat, friendo!

https://irowiki.org/...s_Care_Packages

What does loot boxes have to do with anything? Oh and before some moron tries to claim pay to win, loot box equipment is regularly traded in game for zenny, and most are pretty cheap to get at that.

My post was specifically talking about the power lv of the WOE tagged equipment. While they are powerful, they don't seem so powerful, it would enable people with traditional woe equipment, to be one shotted easily.

If someone doesn't stand a chance, sounds like they're one of the people who just did gramps to lv up as fast as possible, doesn't know how to use their char due to such, and haven't geared their char properly for woe.

Gramps is easily the worst thing to come from renewal.

Edited by Zoltor, 06 December 2018 - 04:56 AM.

#55 azumak1

azumak1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1347 posts
  • Server:Chaos!

Posted 06 December 2018 - 05:48 AM

What does loot boxes have to do with anything? Oh and before some moron tries to claim pay to win, loot box equipment is regularly traded in game for zenny, and most are pretty cheap to get at that.

My post was specifically talking about the power lv of the WOE tagged equipment. While they are powerful, they don't seem so powerful, it would enable people with traditional woe equipment, to be one shotted easily.

If someone doesn't stand a chance, sounds like they're one of the people who just did gramps to lv up as fast as possible, doesn't know how to use their char due to such, and haven't geared their char properly for woe.

Gramps is easily the worst thing to come from renewal.

Many top-tier OCP gears go for 3b, 4b, even up to 6 billion zeny nowadays. They are not cheap.

No, the WoE/KVM sets did not break WoE, they gave some balance so that more people could get reductions for cheap and a definitive default weapon.

Even just skimming the original OCP box, there's two big WoE-relevant items:

http://db.irowiki.or...tem-info/28910/

http://db.irowiki.or...tem-info/28394/

30% range reduction on a shield and -2 sec Diamond Dust cooldown on accessory x2 = 1 sec Diamond Dust spamming.

Not gonna hash out everything wrong with WoE because that's been done countless times. Many hardcore WoE players have complained about being OHKO'd if you wish to see it for yourself.

https://forums.warpp...ral-pvp-combat/

#56 TattooedChef

TattooedChef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 531 posts
  • LocationSeventh level of Hell
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 December 2018 - 05:52 AM

I mean you are both objectively wrong and haven't actually addressed any of the issues listed in the OP. Classic was faster, granted you had to get less levels total. Though despite less levels, the exp curve was harder. Thor was 300m/hr off event (not to mention bio3 was even faster). I've personally maxed 4 chars in a night selling leeches at Thor on Classic. On top of that Classic and other Pre-renewal servers had Ice Dungeon events and Abyss Lake events that weren't as fast as Thor but still faster than Renewal. Im not talking about RO 2006, obviously there is a reason most people quit before Trans even came out.

Renewal is slower but easier, and the level range I am talking about is the most awkward to get through and you can clearly see it is a wall for most people. I'm not saying its hard. I'm not saying I can't do it. I am just saying its BAD. You'd have to be really ignorant to compare Scaraba to NCT and be like, "Yeah that is a similar leveling experience relative to each level range."

ld_7.png

Most people exist in the range that I am talking about. The 150 block is slightly higher because of people that quit before 175 expansion came out. You can clearly see that once people make it to 150 they are much more likely to get to 175 and not get stuck somewhere in between.

ld_6.png

On Classic more people exist at the max range than any other category that isn't spam-bot level. If you still think renewal leveling is better you need to get your facts straight and learn to formulate ideas based on something you can cite other than your own anecdotes.

LOLOLOL!

You obviously never played before Renewal, therefore the info you are attempting to use is just laughable. It literally took me months of serious grinding (4+ hours every day) both solo and in a party to get from 90-99. 

#57 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 06 December 2018 - 06:11 AM

The beauty of RO is that, you can do it your own way. You can grind it out or you can play it smart.

It would seem to me that Scuba knows what he is doing and leveled up really fast in his classic days. I know he can level up really fast in Chaos/Renewal as he has a youtube channel showcasing that.

Also, I do agree with Scuba that the 126-150 range is the hardest but is not super bad. It really depends on what they have in high ti and your equips. Even then, you can do the scaraba quest(a lot of people hate that they need to make a quest to enter here), and also bifrost tower does not have friendly boards where u can turn in the whole thing at once, It has a bazillion of mobs and some of them you can't even kill in hordes.

Anyway, if I get bored of leveling, I just hop to another char and continue later =)

#58 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 06:55 AM

Many top-tier OCP gears go for 3b, 4b, even up to 6 billion zeny nowadays. They are not cheap.

No, the WoE/KVM sets did not break WoE, they gave some balance so that more people could get reductions for cheap and a definitive default weapon.

Even just skimming the original OCP box, there's two big WoE-relevant items:

http://db.irowiki.or...tem-info/28910/

http://db.irowiki.or...tem-info/28394/

30% range reduction on a shield and -2 sec Diamond Dust cooldown on accessory x2 = 1 sec Diamond Dust spamming.

Not gonna hash out everything wrong with WoE because that's been done countless times. Many hardcore WoE players have complained about being OHKO'd if you wish to see it for yourself.

https://forums.warpp...ral-pvp-combat/

I don't find that ring to be all that special. The Shield on the otherhand, is pretty damn amazing I give you that. It decreasing ranged damage, while also being slotted, is very powerful. Does it decrease every type of ranged attack? These types of things usually have special rulings in WOE that goes against what the wording implies.

If it does, they really should un-nerf the Aspirika's elemental def effects.

Edited by Zoltor, 06 December 2018 - 06:57 AM.

#59 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 07:13 AM

LOLOLOL!

You obviously never played before Renewal, therefore the info you are attempting to use is just laughable. It literally took me months of serious grinding (4+ hours every day) both solo and in a party to get from 90-99. 

Lol yea, I find it hilarious that a obvious new player(or he played on pservers) is trying to tell people who spent potentiallyyears creating their characters, that it was easier to level before renewal. Also I find it utterly retarded that he cites classic high lv numbers as a def to his argument. Doesn't he realize most classic players transferred already fully leveled characters over there(note: they mostly came from the Chaos server), so they weren't even created on what is a very new server. Classic was basically made for people who wanted to WOE, but didn't want to learn how to combat/intergrate the new 3rd jobs+equipment that would make their stuff outdated.

People would play almost a full day, just to get 1% xp, it was atrocious.

Edited by Zoltor, 06 December 2018 - 07:19 AM.

#60 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Thor

Posted 06 December 2018 - 07:15 AM

I don't find that ring to be all that special. The Shield on the otherhand, is pretty damn amazing I give you that. It decreasing ranged damage, while also being slotted, is very powerful. Does it decrease every type of ranged attack? These types of things usually have special rulings in WOE that goes against what the wording implies.

If it does, they really should un-nerf the Aspirika's elemental def effects.

A bit off topic but If you don't find that ring special you should PvP/WoE more specifically against players who has that ring equipped.

Edited by Usurper, 06 December 2018 - 07:17 AM.

#61 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 07:59 AM

ITT, many new people getting to meet Zoltor for the first time. Good stuff. 

OCP has fundamentally altered how the entire game plays in a radical way that no cash shop box before could come near, not because any one item is ridiculous (though many are) but because...

...they don't stop coming and they don't stop coming and they don't stop coming and they don't stop coming and they don't stop coming and they don't stop coming and they don't stop coming and they don't stop coming and they don't stop coming and they don't stop coming and they don't stop coming and they don't stop coming and they don't stop coming and they don't stop coming and they don't stop coming and they don't stop coming and they don't stop coming and they don't stop coming and...

You get the point. 

#62 TattooedChef

TattooedChef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 531 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 08:05 AM

Lol yea, I find it hilarious that a obvious new player(or he played on pservers) is trying to tell people who spent potentiallyyears creating their characters, that it was easier to level before renewal. Also I find it utterly retarded that he cites classic high lv numbers as a def to his argument. Doesn't he realize most classic players transferred already fully leveled characters over there(note: they mostly came from the Chaos server), so they weren't even created on what is a very new server. Classic was basically made for people who wanted to WOE, but didn't want to learn how to combat/intergrate the new 3rd jobs+equipment that would make their stuff outdated.

People would play almost a full day, just to get 1% xp, it was atrocious.

Exactly my point. 

People really need to stop expecting things to be easy for them.

#63 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Thor

Posted 06 December 2018 - 11:28 AM

OCP has fundamentally altered how the entire game plays in a radical way that no cash shop box before could come near, not because any one item is ridiculous (though many are) but because...

...they don't stop coming and they don't stop coming and they don't stop coming and they don't stop coming and they don't stop coming and they don't stop coming and they don't stop coming and they don't stop coming and they don't stop coming and they don't stop coming and they don't stop coming and they don't stop coming and they don't stop coming and they don't stop coming and they don't stop coming and they don't stop coming and they don't stop coming and they don't stop coming and...

You get the point. 

Well, I think our main man Zoltor here needs to experience PvP/WoEing against OCP drugged characters so he'll get the hibbi jibbies next time he enters a PK area. 

@Topic

I agree it's the worst, I had to do stat/skill reset on my SC a couple of times to balance enjoyment and grinding at the same time and ended up being a Sword/Bow hybrid lol.

Edited by Usurper, 06 December 2018 - 11:29 AM.

#64 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 11:32 AM

You get the point. 

Oh ok, that's ashame then. What made loot boxes not effect the balance, despite such amazing items in some of them, is they were periodic. There usually were only 2 high end boxes a year, with the other loot boxes during the year being more supplement equipment/item based.

#65 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 11:36 AM

Well, I think our main man Zoltor here needs to experience PvP/WoEing against OCP drugged characters so he'll get the hibbi jibbies next time he enters a PK area. 

@Topic

I agree it's the worst, I had to do stat/skill reset on my SC a couple of times to balance enjoyment and grinding at the same time and ended up being a Sword/Bow hybrid lol.

Yea fair enough I guess. OCP variant of loot boxes haven't even been around long, I logged in like last year, and if I recall, OCP boxes weren't even a thing, yet so many have been released already.

#66 magiccircle

magiccircle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 02:21 PM

Isn't this case really specific to you though? I mean.. I level off bloody branches, you can do that if everything else is boring.

Edited by magiccircle, 06 December 2018 - 02:22 PM.

#67 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 03:30 PM

I used to leech characters in bio3 and it was pretty damn fast

unknown.png

#68 LiteAdi

LiteAdi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 03:37 PM

Yea fair enough I guess. OCP variant of loot boxes haven't even been around long, I logged in like last year, and if I recall, OCP boxes weren't even a thing, yet so many have been released already.

At this point no one can talk to u if u feel always right of what u said

#69 TattooedChef

TattooedChef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 531 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 07:54 AM

At this point no one can talk to u if u feel always right of what u said

How did you come to that conclusion? It's not the rest of the communities problem if the majority has become uber spoiled with having levels and experience spoon-fed to them. 

Anyone who tries to say that Pre-Renewal leveling was faster is in fact WRONG!

#70 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 07 December 2018 - 08:15 AM

that's very subjective.

#71 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 11:26 AM

depends on the leveling tactic really. back then, rules were different. there was a 3-mob per person limit KS rule that was actually enforced. if you wanted to mob you had to do it on maps that were rather empty of people, as they were quicker to complain back then since rules were actually enforced more.

however, we resorted to guild leveling tactics in places like mi gaos which were populated with people, where several guildies would simply mob for one guildie and have them teleport to the next guildie holding the mob. it was the only legitimate way around the rule lol. and, since the leveling system was different, you could technically powerlevel like this pretty hardcore.

another example i clearly remember is taking a double dagger assassin into ice caves 3 at like level 67, killing one, and getting a massive 4-5 level jump boost.

so really it depended on your tactics/connections/knowledge/gear.

the meme i threw back at shuck was a play on original loki server's high wiz spawns. back then in bio3, GMs were a bit more interpersonal with players and some even had hookups, despite the illegality of it all. at some point, correct me if im wrong if you actually know, but i think a player who knew a GM convinced them to activate anywhere from 2 to 4 high wizard spawns which would always appear on the NW/NE/SW/SE corner stair areas at least 20 cells within a general area. if you knew about this, leveling was actually ridiculously quick... compared to say, those who spent excruciating hours grinding away in turtle dungeon for their final levels.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users