The Card Drop Thread! - Page 7 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

The Card Drop Thread!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
254 replies to this topic

#151 pp322

pp322

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 549 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:quit

Posted 03 January 2019 - 02:26 AM

t6dpO4i.png

Edited by pp322, 03 January 2019 - 02:48 AM.

#152 GustoZ

GustoZ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 03 January 2019 - 06:46 AM

t6dpO4i.png

I know how you feel.. T T”

#153 Bohem

Bohem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1939 posts
  • LocationMage Class Forum..?

Posted 03 January 2019 - 06:54 AM

is golden thief bug male or female?

#154 GustoZ

GustoZ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 07:05 AM

is golden thief bug male or female?

I think it’s female

#155 YangeWenli

YangeWenli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2404 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 03 January 2019 - 07:49 AM

yea always thought of gtb as queen bug 

#156 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4047 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 08:02 AM

14 menblatt cards and 17 agav last night  :heh:

#157 yauhoilun

yauhoilun

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 08:45 AM

I got two MTB cards this event too

I mean GTB summons like 10 MTB slaves right so statistically speaking if you aoe CC gtb and mtbs as a group and if a card were to drop your chance of Gtb card is only 10%

#158 GustoZ

GustoZ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 08:49 AM

I got two MTB cards this event too

I mean GTB summons like 10 MTB slaves right so statistically speaking if you aoe CC gtb and mtbs as a group and if a card were to drop your chance of Gtb card is only 10%

10%!!!! That’s a lot

#159 yauhoilun

yauhoilun

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 09:18 AM

10%!!!! That’s a lot

Lol how is that a lot!?

Get trolled 10 times before you get his card

#160 AceBanner

AceBanner

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 464 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 09:43 AM

I always have issue inserting pictures/photos here.  :yawn:

Nonetheless, before maintenance today I went in solo ET with my new Gene at level 127. Got myself not 1, but 2 MVP cards!!  :kis:  :kis:

Fallen Bishop & Beezelbulb. Both gotten on the 1st run itself.  :heh:

#161 Zayaan

Zayaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1802 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 09:47 AM

I got a War Axe from Turtle General. Yay.

#162 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 09:56 AM

10%!!!! That’s a lot

not if you split that 10% chance amongst a .0x card drop chance. then it becomes a nightmare.

and whether camp or any vmod or gm admits it or not, after running literally thousands of ETs i'm led to believe that it seems as if certain lesser cards have their drop rate increased just a tiny bit more than more expensive cards/mvp cards do when the event isnt in play. this statement arises due to finding certain crap cards over and over in ET when i most definitely know that i should not have found said crap card that many times if the rates were indeed true.

and while we're on the card chance talk, lets talk about oca's real quick and how i run about 2-4 gens per day with about 6-11 ocas found per gen and open them all, always, yet can never escape a single session without getting a condor card, MTB or FTB card, baby desert wolf card, familiar card, etc. but wait? what's this? a quick check into a DP OCA search yields uneven-ness:

Spoiler

it makes you wonder, because this is most definitely very openly listed for anyone to see on dp. people still want to say RnG as the default response, but this kind of goes against that argument. your chance for attaining crappier things first is most definitely a given, at least with OCA's. but if they openly let it be known that your chances with OCAs for a certain card are different than others, it kind of really makes you wonder how it's done with actual card drops. it might be RnG for you to attain the card, sure, but if there are things like open-windows and designated percentages for each card to be attained.. your RnG argument kinda goes out the window again.

back to topic, certain crappy cards most definitely have their rates boosted a tiny bit more. for this reason, you better be bombing gtb and other ultra pricey mvps.

lemme catch someone slipping up and trying to CC the bio5 mvp's lmfao. i'll never let you hear the end of it.

#163 hammie

hammie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 760 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 12:36 PM

[quote name="Fuuton" post="2894926" timestamp="1546541807"]

not if you split that 10% chance amongst a .0x card drop chance. then it becomes a nightmare.

and whether camp or any vmod or gm admits it or not, after running literally thousands of ETs i'm led to believe that it seems as if certain lesser cards have their drop rate increased just a tiny bit more than more expensive cards/mvp cards do when the event isnt in play. this statement arises due to finding certain crap cards over and over in ET when i most definitely know that i should not have found said crap card that many times if the rates were indeed true.

Not sure if this applies to what you are saying but wouldn't lesser cards have a higher chance of dropping because you are looking more of them? Or did I misunderstand what you are saying?

#164 Ilindith

Ilindith

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1451 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 12:45 PM

They're like forums trolls, just ignore them. 

#bombGTB

#165 gnog

gnog

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 12:53 PM

free style statistics 

#166 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 02:03 PM

Not sure if this applies to what you are saying but wouldn't lesser cards have a higher chance of dropping because you are looking more of them? Or did I misunderstand what you are saying?

you're talking about numbers (amount of normal mob's card chance VS amount of mvp mob's card chance), im talking about quality (the value of one normal mob's card VS value of another mob's card).

there's no physical proof listed anywhere on any site of course, but i strongly feel that the lesser valued mobs have their card rates increased a bit more than higher valued mobs'. the only way to ever arrive at this conclusion yourself is to farm a single instance over and over and over again. in this case, ive been doing et since 2012 with guilds and solo runs for the past couple of years. you really start to see the patterns in small bits if you farm it solo and often enough. gradually you see small changes as they shift rates to adjust for events. it almost "feels" as if the lesser cards are permanently set on card drop event rates, and when the actual event comes into play, seems like they boost the rest of the goodies up to par with the lesser. this is just what is feels like to me though. again, i can't physically prove it. also keep in mind that im talking strictly about cards here and not about any other kind of drop.

Edited by Fuuton, 03 January 2019 - 02:07 PM.

#167 GustoZ

GustoZ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 02:57 PM

Lol how is that a lot!?

Get trolled 10 times before you get his card

^____^ hahahahhaha

Edited by GustoZ, 03 January 2019 - 02:58 PM.

#168 PIayboy

PIayboy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 769 posts
  • LocationRiding on a rainbow.
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 January 2019 - 03:02 PM

2lozt2.jpg  not what i wanted but.. meh..

2 cards this event not bad

even if i had Gioia drop.  :heh:  it probably be sitting in my storage lul..

#169 hammie

hammie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 760 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 06:02 PM

you're talking about numbers (amount of normal mob's card chance VS amount of mvp mob's card chance), im talking about quality (the value of one normal mob's card VS value of another mob's card).

there's no physical proof listed anywhere on any site of course, but i strongly feel that the lesser valued mobs have their card rates increased a bit more than higher valued mobs'. the only way to ever arrive at this conclusion yourself is to farm a single instance over and over and over again. in this case, ive been doing et since 2012 with guilds and solo runs for the past couple of years. you really start to see the patterns in small bits if you farm it solo and often enough. gradually you see small changes as they shift rates to adjust for events. it almost "feels" as if the lesser cards are permanently set on card drop event rates, and when the actual event comes into play, seems like they boost the rest of the goodies up to par with the lesser. this is just what is feels like to me though. again, i can't physically prove it. also keep in mind that im talking strictly about cards here and not about any other kind of drop.

Ah I get what you are saying.it definitely feels like that at times. Isn't it like that for mca rates? Lower tier cards have higher chance or am I making that up? I'll never get one so whatever.

#170 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 06:27 AM

Greetings!
The RMT/ RMT incite discussion has been removed, stay on topic pretty please :)

#171 Bohem

Bohem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1939 posts
  • LocationMage Class Forum..?

Posted 04 January 2019 - 08:12 AM

at least those MVPs drop ori and elu... so i got that going *insert meme*

#172 CaptainSunbear

CaptainSunbear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 08:53 PM

I got Queen Scaraba on stream live 

hype train choo choo

my first mvp card on iRO since I started last year

unknown.png?width=178&height=300

#173 Zeusterae

Zeusterae

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 843 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand
  • Server:chaos

Posted 05 January 2019 - 09:07 PM

I got Queen Scaraba on stream live 

hype train choo choo

my first mvp card on iRO since I started last year

unknown.png?width=178&height=300

Grats, was from bloodies?

#174 CaptainSunbear

CaptainSunbear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 09:31 PM

Yeah, decided to use up a lot of zeny and had saved up bloody branches from a while back for this event to popping them to see if I got lucky on these and I got that. 

Edited by CaptainSunbear, 05 January 2019 - 09:31 PM.

#175 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 10:05 PM

grats cap, the scrolls are nice zeny makers~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users