• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 ignTSF

ignTSF

I am New.

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 03:32 AM

Can 2854.png 2 pcs (w/c I don't have yet) can give more damage than Magician gloves28507.png 2pcs on crimson rock? (i cant afford yet temporal ring,celine and PDM etc.etc)  :questionmark:

#2 Zayaan

Zayaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1800 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 31 December 2018 - 04:40 AM

Alchemy Gloves will work fine for leveling early on, but no, they won't deal more damage in most cases.

#3 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 01 January 2019 - 07:01 AM

As Zayaan said, you wouldnt be able to get more damage from Alchemy Gloves than Magician Gloves for most circumstances. At higher levels mobs have significant amount of MDEF that you absolutely need to pierce in order to improve your Crimson Rock damage. MDEF scaling has been an annoying issue ever since renewal, it may seem unfair to magic classes but well, we do get MDEF bypass gears nowadays so why not make use of them?

:hmm:

Edited by LordYggdrasill, 01 January 2019 - 07:01 AM.

#4 SeiginoYuusha

SeiginoYuusha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 291 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 January 2019 - 03:09 PM

limiting your accessory slots to mdef bypass one is no longer a thing, there are lots of affordable alternatives to use if you want to free both of your accessory slots.

iROwiki MDEF page

The current things that missing from the page that are mdef bypass related are KVM / Glorious Weapons (GSoD/ GDS & GAW), Bellum/Vellum weapons (BAW), survivor shoes combo, accelerator-runaway chip combo and king of spirit circlet and vesper card.

Edited by SeiginoYuusha, 01 January 2019 - 03:15 PM.

#5 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 01 January 2019 - 08:13 PM

The OP was asking for Crimson Rock damage, MDEF bypass accessories are usually needed on at least one accessory slot(preferably PDM with 72-90 STR, but Magician Gloves are fine to use too). The only exception is if you want to use King of Spirit Circlet, but for WL this isnt the optimal, and the OP clearly cant afford a +10 KOSC(said he/she couldnt afford gears like Temporal Ring, PDM and Celine Brooch).

#6 SeiginoYuusha

SeiginoYuusha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 08:19 PM

tell me how many monsters that have significant mdef to be fully bypassed in this game from the whole monsters population?

nightmare pyramid and nightmare clocktower weapon-shield combo cards exist for undead-brute-demon-formless race monsters.

the rest pororoca and survivor shoes combo are more than enough for most of the game content.

we also have OBMH, for easy and very cheap another 40% generic mdef bypass, which you overlooked apparently :v

Edited by SeiginoYuusha, 01 January 2019 - 08:23 PM.

#7 mianyaa

mianyaa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 11:20 PM

If it's just between alchemy and magi gloves, most ppl would say magi gloves is better. It still boost 5% all elemental (including fire of course which is half of alchemy gloves), provides what alchemy gloves can't provide (mdef pierce, vct reduce), and has no drawback (alchemy gloves will make your water spell weaker and more vulnerable to water attack). The only time when alchemy glove can win in damage is when the target has little to no mdef.

#8 SeiginoYuusha

SeiginoYuusha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 12:30 AM

41,000 zeny equip versus 600 million zeny equip, what do you expect? :V

OP concern are more heavy on cost saving with acceptable performance comparison.

when you're too rich you're less likely to see the whole pictures, as I've said before there are other cheaper means to achieve mdef bypass outside accessory slots.

#9 mianyaa

mianyaa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 02:18 AM

I'm merely answering the question asked, i think you're the one who don't see the whole picture here? we're not even talking about mdef bypass :x

even if you take out that effect from magi gloves, 5% boost to all spell and 10% vct is still good, and honestly speaking. the stuffs you're mentioned aren't "that" cheap either. But you really try to bring up the price haha yeah maybe someone would compare a 41k zeny equip to 200m+ set too. One thing you missed in the whole picture is op doesn't mention gears, just between alchemy glove or magi glove. What set they use? Do they already have 100% mdef bypass? Nothing mentioned about that so how do you even take assumption :x

Like technically there's a cheap accessory that boost fire by higher than alchemy glove (crimson orb from mora) but it need the set so i didn't mention it. Once again i'm just answering the question asked

#10 SeiginoYuusha

SeiginoYuusha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 02:36 AM

Can 2854.png 2 pcs (w/c I don't have yet) can give more damage than Magician gloves28507.png 2pcs on crimson rock? (i cant afford yet temporal ring,celine and PDM etc.etc)  :questionmark:

Quoting OP marked in Blue so your eyes can catch it clearly :V

OBMH are free if OP online during the event time, just need to refine YOLO with santa free enriched ores to +9 if OP got multiple OBMH copies.

KvM is free, just need to farm your own EMB or OPB.

nightmare pyramid and nightmare clocktower cards are free as long OP can enter and farm it himself there, besides its card drop event time now.

MDEF bypass page reference just for showcasing how many alternative exist out there that can be OP choice if he got concern for missing out mdef bypass from magi gloves, and I mentioned some items that still not yet listed in the page.

I think it's you that being the devil advocates of magician gloves seller trying to sell your wares here, my vendors sells much more valuable things than a mere magician gloves.

and I'm just sharing my PoV here, pfft...

Edited by SeiginoYuusha, 02 January 2019 - 02:44 AM.

#11 mianyaa

mianyaa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 02:45 AM

the way i see it, the op asked between alchemy glove and magi glove and stated that temp ring, pdm, celine brooch is out of reach (not mentioning magi gloves)

and this is about accessories, do you even suggest any other accessories? no right? you're just talking about random other items instead.

you're saying kvm is free, card is free? they take "effort" to get, and at that point everything become "free", just need to farm stuffs and earn enough no?

Edited by mianyaa, 02 January 2019 - 02:48 AM.

#12 SeiginoYuusha

SeiginoYuusha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 02:50 AM

my choice is implied in the first post although not explicitly stated, I think you need to learn how to do comprehensive reading here.

#13 mianyaa

mianyaa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 02:56 AM

I've learned my lesson that it's a waste of time to argue with u. thank you

#14 SeiginoYuusha

SeiginoYuusha

Amateur Blogger

• Members