• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 kojek

kojek

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 08:51 PM

Better rose have a new owner then sell it..who agrees with me ... comments here ... and we are just waiting for someone to take over

#2 LadyPsyber

LadyPsyber

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1242 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 09 January 2019 - 09:10 PM

HA!  The problem is the information.  They wouldn't sell Rose if they could. They'd have to zero the player and financial data to sell it or go through SERIOUS legal peril. Some of us have financial data that goes back to when we paid for and got screwed by EVO. (ummm 13 years?). With all the legal scares companies get by just passing around private messages let alone credit card and other financial data? They have hundreds of thousands of user records.

No, this dog is dead. They refused to advertise it when they could and holy crap people stopped playing and refreshing /surprise.

#3 CottonCandies

CottonCandies

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 604 posts
  • LocationKuraigana Island
  • Server:Arua/Pegasus

Posted 09 January 2019 - 09:13 PM

@kojek sorry but i have to say this straightforward, it wont happen, cry, just enjoy your remaining days in-game

#4 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 09 January 2019 - 09:30 PM

They could reasonable sell the Publishing rights for the game to another company.

Also, current player / character information isn't mandatory for a games publishing license to be sold, a new company could buy it, and have it start as a fresh game experience with everyone starting over. 

Given the fact ROSE is confirmed to be closing as it is, a fresh start with a new company would still be better than nothing at all.

The problem I see however, is who would be willing to buy the publishing rights, who wouldn't immediately try to turn a profit with greedy business practices? Especially such a small and unknown title like ROSE online, pretty much no one. At least, no one who would have a good fair player experience in mind, only dollars and margins. 

I would like to say though, that this isn't the time for protest or petitioning. What's done is done, and if there's anything Warpportal is good at, it's giving up on an IP. Just enjoy the time you have left, and keep an eye out on the future. You never know. 

#5 Rinpyon

Rinpyon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCanyon city of Zant

Posted 09 January 2019 - 09:40 PM

so the question is, is WP willing to sell the publishing right?

#6 kojek

kojek

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 09:44 PM

WP not said it too.. they just keep their mouth.. just give us a notification to close the game then surprise us with that..i think that is just about money with them, so better sell it..better than keep the file..

#7 kojek

kojek

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 09:46 PM

Let's see what happen until the game close.. WP just always never reply us.. very very bad..so scared on our complain maybe

#8 Rinpyon

Rinpyon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 10:13 PM

we players have all the right to know though I hope WP will appreciate that. 

#9 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 10:45 PM

Actually you don't have a right to the companies business information or strategy, But they should be as transparent as possible to honor their obligation to the customer. Semantics and pedantry I know but it's important to be concise I think. 

#10 Rinpyon

Rinpyon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 11:11 PM

I'm not asking or prying to their personal business strategies

what I ask is a normal clarification and closure

I played on official idRose when they closed the server down and they declared that they arent going to move the database to Narose, just a total shut down.

with other game such as official phRo, they notified the players before the closing that they're gonna merge with iRo (WP) 

something like that, we have all the right to know.

#11 TheFireDragon

TheFireDragon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 10 January 2019 - 01:25 AM

The company I work for will try to get the game, we are trying to reach Gravity either in Korea or US, not sure on where to start. If anyone could point me to the right person it would be great.

#12 IFreeBird

IFreeBird

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 04:38 AM

The company I work for will try to get the game, we are trying to reach Gravity either in Korea or US, not sure on where to start. If anyone could point me to the right person it would be great.

I will send you some details in a PM and you could possibly work your way from there, as I dont want to post this information publicly to avoid unnecessary communication traffic.

#13 Snuwferaubi

Snuwferaubi

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 05:56 AM

It's really not surprising that they're shutting it down, I told everyone this was coming right before they booted the EU.

Gravity literally liquidated itself, I don't know what the plans are for Ragnorak, etc.. But I'm sure you'll see those other "smaller" warp portal games also come to a close very soon. It's just business.

You're talking about a company that bans users for "harassment of administration" .. Apparently being too harsh is a thing when it comes to trying to get them off their lazy bums and start doing something, I just wanted to help even if I was really rude about it. I spent countless month(s) waiting for the administrative team to take action, or even acknowledge the fact that it was going on. Absolutely no avail to it and just banned account(s) with ticket responses of "Administrative harassment." So yes, I'll be harsh as all can be, especially with the amount of money I literally threw into Satans butthole.

#14 LadyPsyber

LadyPsyber

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1242 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 02:36 PM

They could reasonable sell the Publishing rights for the game to another company.

Also, current player / character information isn't mandatory for a games publishing license to be sold, a new company could buy it, and have it start as a fresh game experience with everyone starting over. 

Given the fact ROSE is confirmed to be closing as it is, a fresh start with a new company would still be better than nothing at all.

The problem I see however, is who would be willing to buy the publishing rights, who wouldn't immediately try to turn a profit with greedy business practices? Especially such a small and unknown title like ROSE online, pretty much no one. At least, no one who would have a good fair player experience in mind, only dollars and margins. 

I would like to say though, that this isn't the time for protest or petitioning. What's done is done, and if there's anything Warpportal is good at, it's giving up on an IP. Just enjoy the time you have left, and keep an eye out on the future. You never know. 

I am the VP of IT for my company. Due to this, I get first dibs on hardware that we retire due to its age. We will only run a server for three years so I have seven 2U and 2 1U servers in my basement working as my indestructible firewall and as my home server of infrastructure and as my husband's servers for his friends for Plex. I just got our "old" SAN that was five years old. (upgrading it had been delayed for a couple of reasons but we finally did and now store a lot more)  We download and offer a gazillion of movies/weekly shows and stuff on either our 300 terabyte or 50 terabyte "old girl" san that's 8 years old but runs perfectly. He downloads like a madman on our main 100gigabit down/50 gigabit up internet connection.

The point?  I have enough server and storage and network to run the game EASILY if they ever wanted to offer me a zeroed out version of the game. No accounts, just a brand new start from the beginning. Costs them nothing in any case, most of which being risk about selling user data along with accounts. With how crazy the net requirements for protecting financial/meta data, if they could get me the code/programming tools, we could probably find ourselves a good number of community developers and helpers and graphics designers to advance the game.

They would never do this though and do you know why?  The makers of this game take everything PERSONAL. It would be a personal insult to them if someone took what they made and ran with it.  Rose graphics and gameplay STILL to this VERY DAY outshine so many online games, it's sickening! 

Fifteen years old and the old girl looks better than crap like Minecraft and stuff. We could keep that going very easily. I would never charge much for things. I'd let the game run off our servers/rack because I fell in love with this game even when Asian players were camping and abusing the hell out of things in the early days. Gosh, remember the comments nobody could understand when there were tens of thousands of online life players fighting?   Ssfetst sdfe fawsdd le? ldsf dsfker dfor lor. Heh, I still remember it all like it was yesterday.

Simple. Convince them to let the game go? Ask them to strip any parts they consider their intellectual property or things they don't want? Ask them to provide me with some sort of Non Disclosure of something if it's necessary to protect some sort of I/P or process and I'll sign in. I'll let Europe back in if we can.(I'll get the real information on why they chippity chopped Europe other than fear of the new net laws on liability if you lose someone's information to a hacker.  

I'll bring back glory days and honestly I would never charge much to do it. I'd love to have the game fresh and new and people helping suggest things for a direction.

In the end, they did incredible work to keep this game running fifteen years. There was just too much turbulence versus just letting the game evolve and have more creation based on a user's perspective on challenges. Give us a chance and we could make it work SO easily but sadly they'll never do it. There would be no money in it (as there would be no money in it for me) so where would be the incentive to hand it over? I mean I guess there could be a profit part to item mall where I would hand the money to them or something and all they'd have to do was collect the money?

#15 VModCoconut

VModCoconut

Amateur Blogger

• WarpPortal VM
  • 174 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 10 January 2019 - 10:11 PM

I have removed a few posts from this thread due to personal attacks. Please be kind to each other. Emotions are high but attacking each other is never allowed.

#16 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 11:02 PM

Well I mean it wasn't an attack but ok. All I said was I feel like their demeanor wouldn't be conducive to a successful server.... If that's an attack then apologies for being ... offensive. 

#17 LadyPsyber

LadyPsyber

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1242 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 11:14 PM

Well I mean it wasn't an attack but ok. All I said was I feel like their demeanor wouldn't be conducive to a successful server.... If that's an attack then apologies for being ... offensive. 

And all I said was that my demeanour from constantly being attacked and devastated by server changes nonstop was not conducive to how I am in the game and certainly not real life.

I wouldn't be very successful in life with all that whine. =)

#18 Hellowarz

Hellowarz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 08:15 PM

Which is why WP should give it up. Go back to how it was that really got everyone into the game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users