ROSE Community Forums [Will it be deleted?] - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

ROSE Community Forums [Will it be deleted?]

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 CottonCandies

CottonCandies

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 604 posts
  • LocationKuraigana Island
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Arua/Pegasus

Posted 14 January 2019 - 07:22 AM

Hello CMAstra/DragonLark/Genesis,

I would like to ask if you guys are going to delete these whole rose community after you shutdown rose online na game?

Or will just make the forums readable-only, meaning, no one can post, we can only view topics.

Thanks

#2 DarthKarla

DarthKarla

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 487 posts
  • LocationOver the rainbow
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 14 January 2019 - 07:50 AM

I hope its not deleted had some fun exchanges here I mostly trollololol though but I count my blessings! Mabuhay Rose!

#3 CMAstra

CMAstra

Maje҉s͘t͡ic S̛pa͠će ͢W̡hal͞ȩ

• Community Managers
  • 1120 posts
  • Twitter:CM_Astra
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 14 January 2019 - 01:10 PM

Hello,

Unfortunately, the ROSE forum will be removed at the same time the game closes  :sob:

Please enjoy both the game and the forums while they are still up!

#4 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 14 January 2019 - 09:24 PM

Don't see why ROSE has to have its forums destroyed outright when plenty of past games had their forums sent to the Archives.

https://forums.warpp...um/53-archives/

#5 CottonCandies

CottonCandies

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 604 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 12:02 AM

Hello,

Unfortunately, the ROSE forum will be removed at the same time the game closes  :sob:

Okay, are you going to put the rose forums in archives just like ZeroTigress said? or will delete everything

#6 VModCupcake

VModCupcake

Too Legit To Quit

• VMod Retired
  • 1259 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 06:45 PM

Okay, are you going to put the rose forums in archives just like ZeroTigress said? or will delete everything

I'll try to find out about this and will post here when I receive an answer

#7 LadyPsyber

LadyPsyber

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1242 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 17 January 2019 - 09:15 PM

Hello,

Can you please find out if someone can take over the game? Obviously without any data in the slightest.   

Is it asking too much to take over something that isn't going to make money?  There used to be 10 private servers due to DeeBee's hacking. The game is certainly much more than then however at least we could keep the old bird running/keep it running in girl spirit!

If you don't think it's possible, please let me know why so I can hopefully work with you to get over any problems/concerns that people familiar with the server code could help me with. Heck, we could rename the game if you wanted if you needed separation.

I DO NOT...DCOOOOO NOT *******************DO NOT*********************** wish to make one penny off this game. I would, however, like to make a deal with this.

It's really as simple as that.

Edited by LadyPsyber, 17 January 2019 - 09:21 PM.

#8 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 17 January 2019 - 11:15 PM

^ Don't do that.

Sell it to a company who doesn't need guidance on how YOU handled things [Gravity] and has the resources and funding to invest into it. Someone with a reputation, and would actually fear making themselves look inept if the game fails too fast. But the biggest point being has funds to invest in Development, Advertisement and Promotions. 

If you're going to do it, do it right. 

#9 LadyPsyber

LadyPsyber

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1242 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 05:04 PM

^ Don't do that.

Sell it to a company who doesn't need guidance on how YOU handled things [Gravity] and has the resources and funding to invest into it. Someone with a reputation, and would actually fear making themselves look inept if the game fails too fast. But the biggest point being has funds to invest in Development, Advertisement and Promotions. 

If you're going to do it, do it right. 

I'd love to do that but you know Gravity is going to ask the moon for a game that could make someone money if it's ever promoted seriously.  

I'm offering to host this non-profit somehow. Hell if they want to build a mechanism into it so that Item Mall sales get sent to them, by all means.

At the end of the day, the only people I *TRUST* is us, the users. We could back some of the crazy and downright silly parts out. We could rebuild things they way they were and should be. This is why I'm trying to engage the people who know how to program/develop the graphics in this process. Their pay is watching the game evolve to something that wasn't stressed and pushed by money. Gameplay would be first and foremost without ripping people's guts out with something confusing.

Lastly, if I technically had ownership of the game, you could damn well know I'd have EU players sign an agreement that underscores that if we had a breach, it was purely incidental and their own data is owned by themselves even if it's stored on the server. That way, they'd come back.

The company I run the IT for does that with OUR European customers and funny enough, we do business with EU just fine. Just because the EU threatens doesn't mean the world should shut them off. 

I mean anybody with knowledge knows that EU all went into irosephonline.  A lot of content there is different and a throwback to the old ways Warps Rose is though.

Unfortunately, as I've not even been messaged about it, Warp seems happier to just destroy the real Rose versus letting someone else perhaps continue the project.

I guess some things never change.

#10 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 10:55 PM

No one on the forums are going to message you about it. If you were serious, and had a serious drive to do what it is you're saying, you'd have contacted them directly via their business contacts on their site, not made offers on the public forums.

The be frank, I think you're only offering to do it in jest, and to look like a good person. 

Which anyone can do, hell even I can do that. But I'm not going to because if I was more seriously inclined to make or run an MMORPG of any stripe (even ROSE related) I would go through the effort of making a more updated version using a higher end engine and new resources; not a decade and a half old engine designed for 2D board games. 

#11 CottonCandies

CottonCandies

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 604 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 05:52 AM

No one on the forums are going to message you about it. If you were serious, and had a serious drive to do what it is you're saying, you'd have contacted them directly via their business contacts on their site, not made offers on the public forums.

The be frank, I think you're only offering to do it in jest, and to look like a good person. 

Which anyone can do, hell even I can do that. But I'm not going to because if I was more seriously inclined to make or run an MMORPG of any stripe (even ROSE related) I would go through the effort of making a more updated version using a higher end engine and new resources; not a decade and a half old engine designed for 2D board games. 

Very True Feuer, and if I remember correctly, that person above your post said he is a VP, I didn't wonder about that, I just completely don't believe on him lol

#12 LadyPsyber

LadyPsyber

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1242 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 05:10 PM

Very True Feuer, and if I remember correctly, that person above your post said he is a VP, I didn't wonder about that, I just completely don't believe on him lol

Believe whatever you want to believe. I'm not here to even speak to negative nancies who bring crap and nothing meaningful to posts.

I posted publically because I hoped the public would help. I HAVE sent private messages and received nothing in return (surprise surprise). I merely hoped for some help however in the end some of you can't even involve yourself in that.

#13 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 08:21 PM

I don't get involved because I don't play with trash, I take it out.

But good luck on your crusade to be handed a free IP that I'm 99% sure at this point you wouldn't have the foggiest what to do with it. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users