Can we stop the closure of ROSE Online by making it P2P? - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Can we stop the closure of ROSE Online by making it P2P?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 5389170304044611233

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 10:22 PM

I would be willing to pay a monthly fee to help make this server survive. Let's just add Premium Service for all since everyone will be paying.

How about the rest of the players? What do you guys think?

GMs - Are you open to this idea? We can test this for a few months and see if the revenue gained will be enough to maintain the server.

Thanks,

ohmyGUS

#2 LadyPsyber

LadyPsyber

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1242 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 20 January 2019 - 10:43 PM

NO. Whyyy? Because they'd capture juuust enough income to keep it going for 6 months then trash it.

The server is WORTHLESS now. They cut EU off which probably was way more than 1/2 the live users.

Then the server was obviously dying and nobody advertised it.

I got suckered into P2P with EVO 14 years ago. I've learned many many MANY lessons since then.

If they gave a crap, they'd be talking to me who could actually host it and has enough passion to keep the game going even if two people were playing.  THAT kind of passion hasn't been on the other side of the server for a long time except for the people getting paid to care.

Quite simply, I'd give a crap and I can PROMISE you the entire effing WORLD would know about F2P Rose online and there would be A LOT of users within weeks. There's this thing called advertising and when you do it, it brings people and when it brings people, love grows warm again from love that went cold.

#3 5389170304044611233

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 01:30 AM

Thanks LadyPsyber for the reply.

To the point about the server dying and nobody advertising it - advertising costs money; our subscription can help with that. I'm estimating that around 2 out of 10 players in the game bought IM points. This isn't enough to maintain and promote the game. It needs a steady supply of income to do it.

I admire your passion in offering to host and promote the game though. Unfortunately, passion alone isn't enough to keep this server running. 

-ohmyGUS

#4 GokuBlackBR

GokuBlackBR

Amateur Blogger

• MA Recon Squad
  • 329 posts
  • Twitter:@BlackMontz
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Sunshine Coast

Posted 21 January 2019 - 02:54 AM

They already have money enough. Just give up about that company

#5 XsybilX

XsybilX

Mage Representative

• Members
  • 308 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 21 January 2019 - 08:10 AM

I'm not going in to detail about it, but there are successful ROSE servers anyway out there already - and yes, ones you can join.

Japan's is insane, btw - and that is an official one.

#6 DarthKarla

DarthKarla

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 487 posts
  • LocationOver the rainbow
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 21 January 2019 - 12:37 PM

If the server lets goes P2P today and they announced that the servers will continue to operate indefinitely by the 2nd week of P2P the amount of people logged in could be just as bug as the remaining players on this actual day if not even much smaller.

P2P is too steep to pay even if I really love the game.

#7 LadyPsyber

LadyPsyber

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1242 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 21 January 2019 - 02:01 PM

Thanks LadyPsyber for the reply.

To the point about the server dying and nobody advertising it - advertising costs money; our subscription can help with that. I'm estimating that around 2 out of 10 players in the game bought IM points. This isn't enough to maintain and promote the game. It needs a steady supply of income to do it.

I admire your passion in offering to host and promote the game though. Unfortunately, passion alone isn't enough to keep this server running. 

-ohmyGUS

USed to be hundreds buying. Still a time when I never...not EVER saw advertising on game pages.

You cannot make money with no players. You cannot get players without them knowing you exist. If you don't advertise, that is to say show the world you exist, to the world you don't exist.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users