1 reply to this topic

#1 MysticBeard

MysticBeard

I am New.

• New Members
  • 0 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 January 2019 - 05:32 PM

just like the title says. I'm running iRO with a 17" 4k laptop screen, so full screen doesn't work and in window mode all I get is a little rectangle. That happens to the case no matter what screen res I pick. If there's a way to fix it, please let me know. Thank you all for the help and time spent on helping me fix

#2 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 25 January 2019 - 06:37 PM

See if the following resolves your issue:

• On your device, browse to Ragnarok game folder. Default location: C:\Gravity\Ragnarok Online.
  • Find Setup_Classic.exe (If Playing on Classic) or Setup.exe (If Playing on Renewal) right-click the file, choose Properties, choose Compatibility tab.
  • Under Compatibility tab tick Run this program as an administrator.
  • Click Apply then Ok.
  • Launch Setup_Classic or Setup.exe, adjust the video settings, Ok when done.
  • Launch the game client.

If that didn't resolve the issue repeat the steps till #2, find and adjust the compatibility mode to WinXP SP2/3.
Also, switching between Windowed and full screen modes may return different results.

Important:
Current Ragnarok client does not support high resolution monitors, if the resolution is set too high in the Setup the game may not launch correctly.

Note: If the game folder is installed under C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files(x86) then please move the folder somewhere else outside.

Note 2: There are video related third party tools (google search) that may assist with game built around old DirectX models but I can't at this moment guarantee they would work.

Let us know how that goes for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users