January 31st Ragnarok Renewal Maintenance - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

January 31st Ragnarok Renewal Maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
134 replies to this topic

#1 Xealot

Xealot

Amateur Blogger

• RO1 Production
  • 356 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 30 January 2019 - 03:38 PM

3XO8Xh6.jpg

iRO Renewal Weekly Maintenance

January 31st, 11:00AM - 6:00PM PDT

This Week Gramps Turn-In monsters

• Low: Toucan \ Deviruchi
  • Mid: Pinguicula \ Ragged Zombie
  • High: Imp \ Cenere

Updates

• Janeway will receive the following updates:
    • Now checks job level separately from base level when determining if she needs to help a player jump
    • Now allows a player to go to job 70 for trans second class characters
    • Ignores third class characters including Extended Third Class (This is due to the first change. Currently they can't get anything from her due to base level.) 
  • Costume Boxter and Costume Enchanter updated
  • New Cards arrive
    • Sakray Card NPC is missing.
  • Edit: Increase drop rate of Monster Token to 150% of the current rate.
  • Edit: Increase mob spawn of Kapha monsters for Janeway quest.

Events

• Monster Tokens Event continues
    • New rewards include a once per day, ore-free safe refine up to +10. This refine options costs Zeny and Monster Tokens. It may only be done once per day per character.
    • Turn in tokens at (aldeba_in.gat 92 164)
  • Lunar Festival continues (payon.gat 241 90)
    • Reward baRgYgI.png
  • Jump Event continues (izlude.gat 100 100)
  • Enriched Hammer continues

Spotlight

• Spotlight: Lutie, Nightmare Toy Factory, Ice Dungeon

Community

• Tune into our next livestream Crazy Uproar over at twitch.tv/warpportal on Tuesday, February 12 at 3PM PST!

#2 PIayboy

PIayboy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 769 posts
  • LocationRiding on a rainbow.
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 January 2019 - 03:43 PM

New cards :p_idea:

#3 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 January 2019 - 03:53 PM

When is the next batch of new cards coming?

#4 SaintMarkus

SaintMarkus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • Locationis the place where you died
  • Server:Thor-Jack

Posted 30 January 2019 - 04:14 PM

yay thanks! jane jane continues! :3

#5 kamikazezero

kamikazezero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 04:17 PM

so, no new ocp remix this month?

#6 vitharol

vitharol

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 739 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 04:54 PM

will the npc of costume exchange stone box on malangdo will be updated as well? its been 2 years already.......

#7 EsKa90

EsKa90

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • Server:lagnarok

Posted 30 January 2019 - 06:06 PM

•  continues (payon.gat 241 90)
    • Reward baRgYgI.png

This costume still don't have effect?

#8 ninJedi

ninJedi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1240 posts
  • LocationPH: I don't wanna disconnect, Mr.Smart
  • Server:Thor

Posted 30 January 2019 - 06:19 PM

Is the Monster Token drop rate not getting boosted at all?

You boosted Blue Cards rate even though that event required only like 3 cards per day.

#9 MythicalFox

MythicalFox

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • LocationAskr

Posted 30 January 2019 - 06:34 PM

I finally took the guts to lvl up my mech, and omigosh Madogear mech is SO frustrating to lvl up.

(lvling as mado while I don't have the zens/gears to invest in Axe Tornado build)

Any ETA on Madogear improvement? Also does jRO or kRO have any gears to improve Arm Cannon? a_a

#10 cong

cong

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 08:13 PM

I got a character at job 1 and level 99 ( after rebirth) now , could i take the quest again to level up my character job ??

#11 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 08:28 PM

I finally took the guts to lvl up my mech, and omigosh Madogear mech is SO frustrating to lvl up.

(lvling as mado while I don't have the zens/gears to invest in Axe Tornado build)

Any ETA on Madogear improvement? Also does jRO or kRO have any gears to improve Arm Cannon? a_a

There are, and in our server, but they're expensive. Look into 'supplemental chip'. 

#12 DuskShadowX

DuskShadowX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts
  • LocationThe West , began Ragnarok ONline in 2003
  • Server:ReNewal: Chaos

Posted 30 January 2019 - 10:57 PM

iRO Renewal Weekly Maintenance

January 31st, 11:00AM - 6:00PM PDT

Events

• Monster Tokens Event continues
    • New rewards include a once per day, ore-free safe refine up to +10. This refine options costs Zeny and Monster Tokens. It may only be done once per day per character.
    • Turn in tokens at (aldeba_in.gat 92 164

So its been a solid week , can you please double the drop rate of monster tokens? IT will still be pretty low, but it takes far too many hours just to get 10 or 20. And not everything drops it ( "monsters" only, as your last update stated. So not demi humans or undead skeletons so far...O>o

And since the "upgrade" has a possibility of getting to 10 without breaking equipment, does that mean it has a high rate of failure that can degrade equipment? I assume it does , but with how much time I have wasted per character just to try and find a few measly tokens, I want to rethink know if this is worth it. Most people dont have thousands of these coins after all. Ciao and happy pre February!

#13 Ralen

Ralen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 11:16 PM

So its been a solid week , can you please double the drop rate of monster tokens? IT will still be pretty low, but it takes far too many hours just to get 10 or 20. And not everything drops it ( "monsters" only, as your last update stated. So not demi humans or undead skeletons so far...O>o

And since the "upgrade" has a possibility of getting to 10 without breaking equipment, does that mean it has a high rate of failure that can degrade equipment? I assume it does , but with how much time I have wasted per character just to try and find a few measly tokens, I want to rethink know if this is worth it. Most people dont have thousands of these coins after all. Ciao and happy pre February!

I think they meant that killing players in PVP, monsters inside instances, and the groups of monsters summoned by a MVPs/minibosses - all of those won't drop the tokens but everything else should.

As for how the upgrade works when it fails the item stays at it's current upgrade level and the rates seem to be the same as with normal ores. I've had three successful upgrades of +9 to +10 from around 20 attempts. Sadly now only have tokens saved up on one character since I've been too busy with Janeway to farm heh. Making the most of my first Janeway event and it's great!

#14 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 30 January 2019 - 11:24 PM

You don't have to use arm cannon to level if you dont have the budget for supplemental chips. Even with low budget it can be very easy to level mado mech with its repair giving massive heals, and almost no need for SP recover.

Just level using vulcan arm with any +10 weapon with at least 2-4 kick and kick cards. Each k&k only cost 25m or so since people hunting for rocksteps always get a lot of them and don't really use them. Vulcan arm has no cooldown and only cost 2SP per cast as a ranged attack.

Edited by blackCROSSCY, 30 January 2019 - 11:25 PM.

#15 digo666

digo666

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • LocationEinbech

Posted 31 January 2019 - 02:01 AM

Plz, make monster token account bount, character bount is suck, hard to farm low lv chars =.=''''

remember that some jobs and low lv have difficulty to farm, and some cant [AB support] for ex!

Edited by digo666, 31 January 2019 - 09:34 AM.

#16 vitaliy89

vitaliy89

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 31 January 2019 - 05:19 AM

Plz, make monster token account bount, character bount is suck

what new cards?

#17 MythicalFox

MythicalFox

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • LocationAskr

Posted 31 January 2019 - 05:22 AM

There are, and in our server, but they're expensive. Look into 'supplemental chip'.

I have the supplemental chip, but it's still frustrating. Arm Cannon cast/animation is unbearably slow (haven't reached 120 dex yet) and does way too little damage compared to Cart Cannon, even with lots of gears to boost attack and ranged damage :<

Just level using vulcan arm with any +10 weapon with at least 2-4 kick and kick cards. Each k&k only cost 25m or so since people hunting for rocksteps always get a lot of them and don't really use them. Vulcan arm has no cooldown and only cost 2SP per cast as a ranged attack.

I haven't tried that, might as well give it a shot.

Edited by MythicalFox, 31 January 2019 - 05:24 AM.

#18 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 31 January 2019 - 06:03 AM

wat

Arm Cannon is just as powerfull/stronger than Cart Cannon '-'

#19 S207

S207

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationCancun MX
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 31 January 2019 - 06:06 AM

A few points to consider.

I dont know how long the Jumping Janeway will stay (assuming we are 1 days to february) So if you gonna apply fix, just to make it sure it works correctly in the following situations (I didnt test all of em)

• Gunslinger & Ninja able to level up 99/70 (seems like this works well)
  • Super Noviceable to reach 99/99
  • Get the corresponding Eden Group Gear (found in some situations, it do not gives the corresponding set)

Also, the event its really good, until you reach 70 and have to defeat kaphas. The map respawn its a bit low considering the crowded it is. Is it possible to increase the kapha respawn?

And for the Token Monster event, same as always. In the whole quest running 3 times killing all the mobs (from 1 to 99 3 times), just gather like 35 coins. (even the coins other players leave behind) Is there a chance to increase the coin drop rate?

Edited by S207, 31 January 2019 - 07:41 AM.

#20 MythicalFox

MythicalFox

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • LocationAskr

Posted 31 January 2019 - 06:19 AM

wat

Arm Cannon is just as powerfull/stronger than Cart Cannon '-'

I'm no one to argument against you lord Ashuckel, but you see, LV 3 arm cannon aoe is a mediocre 3x3 and Genes can spam CC more easily, and take in consideration that Madogear mech doesn't have a upper headgear equivalent of Cylinder ;V;

#21 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 31 January 2019 - 06:33 AM

you can use lower lvls for more aoe(slightly lower delay too(and fixed cast)), the damage doesnt drop off too much.

Genes dont have an accessory equivalent of supplemental chip or rockstep cards :U

#22 neko1231

neko1231

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 721 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 08:09 AM

A few points to consider.
I dont know how long the Jumping Janeway will stay (assuming we are 1 days to february) So if you gonna apply fix, just to make it sure it works correctly in the following situations (I didnt test all of em)

• Gunslinger & Ninja able to level up 99/70 (seems like this works well)
  • Super Noviceable to reach 99/99
  • Get the corresponding Eden Group Gear (found in some situations, it do not gives the corresponding set)
Also, the event its really good, until you reach 70 and have to defeat kaphas. The map respawn its a bit low considering the crowded it is. Is it possible to increase the kapha respawn?

And for the Token Monster event, same as always. In the whole quest running 3 times killing all the mobs (from 1 to 99 3 times), just gather like 35 coins. (even the coins other players leave behind) Is there a chance to increase the coin drop rate?

Yes this^. I have made several Gunslinger, none of them gets any eden group set. This is unbearable!!! please fix it. @[Campitor]

Edited by neko1231, 31 January 2019 - 08:10 AM.

#23 Ktec

Ktec

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 09:41 AM

Plz, make monster token account bount, character bount is suck

what new cards?

How do we know what the new cards will be?

#24 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 09:46 AM

I have the supplemental chip, but it's still frustrating. Arm Cannon cast/animation is unbearably slow (haven't reached 120 dex yet) and does way too little damage compared to Cart Cannon, even with lots of gears to boost attack and ranged damage :<

I haven't tried that, might as well give it a shot.

huh, are you using a female char by chance? 

I find my DPS on my mech's arm cannon is much better than my gen's arm cannon, just with slightly worse AOE. 

Flame Launcher is also a tedious AOE to work with, but that one can be spammed quite fast as well. You do have good ASPD, right? 

Side note, once you do get to 120 dex and get the temp dex boots, you'll find that quite a few of your animations disappear outright. 

#25 SFever

SFever

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 466 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 11:16 AM

Is there a reason why I can’t make a 99 novice from jump event :S I don’t want super novice but i haven’t decide on what class yet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users