By now we all have had a few moments to digest the sad news that RO2 is no longer going to be developed upon. As one of the more veteran members of the VCR program (and one of the few who still have forum access to begin with), I figured I owe it to the community to speak a bit on what they can expect from us, or at least from me, going forward. We VCRs have not explicitly received instructions on how to proceed, but since our direct communication with the Warpportal Team is being disbanded, I can only assume that our obligations as VCRs are being lifted as well. Please be a bit cautious of anyone who claims to have any authority (not that we had any to begin with).
As far as I am concerned, it will be business as usual for me. Regardless of circumstances, I have always been inclined towards helping people and spreading knowledge. It is what I enjoy and what I am somewhat good at. I will continue to do so until life gets too busy or I see that I am no longer needed, so please:
- continue asking me for help if you are confused over stats and other various (spooky) numbers. Over the years I think I have proven myself to have at least some mastery over the game’s spaghetti.
- feel free to direct game-related questions towards me, I am happy to assist with what I still remember and will not bite (I might nibble). Things that require unreasonable expenses are things I cannot guarantee however.
- ask nicely if you wish to get feedback on any theory crafting. As development is no longer on the agenda, I will entertain the opportunity to discuss imaginary game design, just to keep things lively. As VCRs past and present know, I love a good discussion, and I love ripping into a bad idea even more J.
- feel free to reminisce on ye good ‘ol times with me.
- do not ask me to disclose information regarding past development. Do not ask me to leak stuff or otherwise compromise my own dignity. Give yourself a good open palm, slap to your face if you ever entertain such dirty thoughts.
Finally, I very rarely ask much in return from the community, but for our closing moments I would like to do a little selfish preaching. I am well aware that there has been some unruly behaviour due to recent events and I can say that I have been disappointed. Out of respect for the game, for yourself, and for each other as people (and/or bears), all I hope for is that we show integrity and keep our paws clean. Stopping childishly antagonizing each other, just play the game as it is intended to be played, and do not indulge in exploits and cheating. As a community, the last thing we want is for people to enter the room and feel disgusted at what they see. In summation, just please be nice to one another.