Ragnarok: Patch Notes *03/31/2011 - Page 2 - Ragnarok: Patch History - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Ragnarok: Patch Notes *03/31/2011

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#26 Mosu

Mosu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1115 posts
  • LocationMinnesota/Virginia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:31 PM

whut the hellllll been waiting for 2 weeks for this exp event. i ran home like a stallion galloping through the meadows from school to level my chars. and now there's no exp event? :o

You got exercise, ne?

#27 rikai

rikai

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:35 PM

Well the EXP event we have to get the tally right at the very end of hte event to see if we hit the magic mark of 100,000 turn in to qualify for the PlaySpan exp event.

So heim, is the tallly you guys are counting the tally announced the whole time ingame or the actual number of coins turned in?
Because the numbers are VASTLY different. One means we'll likely have no exp event event if you combine the totals of all the servers... the other means we completely smashed the 100,000 coin mark to pieces.

#28 SpacedOutAnt

SpacedOutAnt

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:38 PM

So heim, is the tallly you guys are counting the tally announced the whole time ingame or the actual number of coins turned in?
Because the numbers are VASTLY different. One means we'll likely have no exp event event if you combine the totals of all the servers... the other means we completely smashed the 100,000 coin mark to pieces.

Shortly after the ale event was put on the servers there was a global annoucement which stated that the npc was keeping a tally of the coins exchanged. Sadly, I did not get a screenie as proof but I can't have been the only one to have witnessed that.

#29 brothersfree

brothersfree

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 482 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:54 PM

And the Totals are in for the Green Ale Turnins. The final totals are just over 130,000 combined from all servers!
This means we qualified for the Double Exp Event through Next Wednesday !
Maintenance for Next week will be on Wednesday 4/6/2011 from 3pm - 8pm to allow us to update to VIP settings.
Ymir Wednesday WoE is cancelled for then, so this Saturday's WoE becomes a "bigger deal".

HOORAY

#30 Kiehl

Kiehl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:54 PM

Maintenance for Next week will be on Wednesday 4/6/2011 from 3pm - 8pm to allow us to update to VIP settings.

Since you plan to go on with the scheduled date for free to play, is there any definitive information available on the Yggdrasil / Valkyrie restrictions in term of:
  • Skills (100 SP Teleport)
  • Cards (Creamy, Vitata, Deviling, ...)
  • Items
?

Time is running out...

#31 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:58 PM

Shortly after the ale event was put on the servers there was a global annoucement which stated that the npc was keeping a tally of the coins exchanged. Sadly, I did not get a screenie as proof but I can't have been the only one to have witnessed that.

In any case, that's not accurate either.

Even if it counted coins, say you get silver : gold in a 2:1 ratio, so 3 coins for 5 ales. Okay, even if it only counted golds, that's 1 coin per 5 ales. There are WAY MORE than the 150k ales on ymir that the 30k turnin count for the server would imply. I mean, i'm sure Delight/Sentinel members don't hold half the ale on the server.... But we've got 2 people at or close to 30k, and i've got like 17k....

The ale-count is ridiculously inaccurate, and always has been. I suspect it is off by at least an order of magnitude.

I'd love to know how much ale _actually_ was created (per server, preferably) by this event. A good estimate would be to count all the ale on the server. The leftover ale is negligible compared to the amount created during this event, and is more than offset by the ale used during the event.

Edited by DrAzzy, 31 March 2011 - 01:04 PM.

#32 Misery

Misery

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:58 PM

March 31, 2011
[*]Coin -> Green Ale turnin will continue in Payon until April 6.[*]And the Totals are in for the Green Ale Turnins. The final totals are just over 130,000 combined from all servers!
This means we qualified for the [b]Double Exp Event
through Next Wednesday !

how exactly was that counted ? O.o
since i know of atleast 250k ales alone on valkyrie that have been colected by coin in trades O.o

and thats just from 4 people

Edited by Misery, 31 March 2011 - 12:59 PM.

#33 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 31 March 2011 - 01:00 PM

so will be it be 2x exp till next weds, and then 2x exp put back on the 7th of april till the 14th?

#34 Pril

Pril

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 01:08 PM

How inaccurate. I've earned well over 30k ales myself from just an hour of farming per day. Well I suppose they need a lesson in counting. 1, 2, 3, 4...

#35 Kirameki

Kirameki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 01:10 PM

And so the innocent kittens were saved.

#36 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 01:20 PM

And so the innocent kittens were saved.

Woohoo!

#37 Exeter0

Exeter0

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 270 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 31 March 2011 - 01:30 PM

So I've heard a rumor about the free stat/skill resetter coming back after this maintenance. Is this true? (I hope it is)

#38 DJMaxSilver

DJMaxSilver

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 31 March 2011 - 01:34 PM

So I've heard a rumor about the free stat/skill resetter coming back after this maintenance. Is this true? (I hope it is)

The rumor I heard was that it was coming back when we go to F2P

#39 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 03:56 PM

When the VIP system goes live we will have the resetter made available for those that didn't use it before.

The counter in-game had some math issues, but we computed the numbers based on the raw data to arrive at the

Ymir 55,000
Ygg 14,000
Valkyrie 58,000

So we get 2x Exp until Wednesday the 6th.

We will have maintenance on Wednesday the 6th from 3pm - 8pm PST.

There was an update to the VIP settings post regarding the taken out multi-client restrition:
http://forums.warppo...-are-coming-up/

And finally we will be distributing codes on Saturday for Monday -Thursday. Any UGC redemption or point conversion done by Midnight PST tonight qualifies.

#40 bigstuff17

bigstuff17

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 159 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 31 March 2011 - 04:02 PM

When the VIP system goes live we will have the resetter made available for those that didn't use it before.

The counter in-game had some math issues, but we computed the numbers based on the raw data to arrive at the

Ymir 55,000
Ygg 14,000
Valkyrie 58,000

There was an update to the VIP settings post regarding the taken out multi-client restrition:

And finally we will be distributing codes on Saturday for Monday -Thursday. Any UGC redemption or point conversion done by Midnight PST tonight qualifies.

so, will woe be cancelled on april 6th due to the planned maintenance from 3pm to 8pm PST?

Edited by bigstuff17, 31 March 2011 - 04:02 PM.

#41 Kinnay

Kinnay

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • LocationAkron, OH

Posted 31 March 2011 - 04:12 PM

GMs, thank you for listening to us.

#42 Fibrizzo

Fibrizzo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1068 posts
  • LocationA Coruña/Galicia/Spain
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 31 March 2011 - 05:20 PM

Why is this maint taking so long and formus seem broken? >.<

#43 Misery

Misery

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 07:24 PM

Ymir 55,000
Ygg 14,000
Valkyrie 58,000

this just looks like they simply doubled the amout the server counted which is totaly wrong since it counted how often people traded in coins for ales and is no where near the count of ales/coins ingame
since some people gathered 150k ales ( guild leader)
and even i got 50k ales alone
and i know many people with 30k ales
so i come to about 600k ales fromt he few people i know on valk already now and even that is far higher then the "counted" number looks like

#44 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 31 March 2011 - 10:00 PM

who honestly gives a crap, theres an exp event for the people who wanted it

Edited by Andini, 31 March 2011 - 10:00 PM.

#45 Majeh

Majeh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 10:10 PM

yea i know and ppl still complaining -_-s unbelievable

#46 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 11:19 PM

yea i know and ppl still complaining -_-s unbelievable

Yeah you don't-_- and whine ever. K

#47 Misery

Misery

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 01:17 AM

i don't win i would jsut to get the exact number which they said we would get cause that would make it much easyer to make predictions about how long they will last and when the best time for selling them in bulk would be
and who needs exp events anyways?
turn in events are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better for lvling which makes double exp events kinda pointless

#48 Castella

Castella

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 10:36 AM

Is the Sakray client ever going to allow non-premium accounts to test out Brasilis like it was supposed to? Will Brasilis still be available for testing after the move to free-to-play?

#49 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 10:50 AM

Either way, I think it was going to be 2x exp. Doesn't matter if there were 1,000 ales or 1,000,000 ales.

#50 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 01 April 2011 - 11:08 AM

Ymir 55,000
Ygg 14,000
Valkyrie 58,000

I assume these numbers are an april fools joke?

If the data that produced those numbers was raw, it had clearly spoiled. I'm terribly curious as to how many ales were created.
My guess is 1-2 megabeers (ie, millions of green ales) on each of the two larger servers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users