Not sure what class to pick? - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Not sure what class to pick?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 SirLut

SirLut

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 April 2019 - 05:06 PM

I haven't played in a long while. I have a Gene and a Ranger but im kind of bored of those. I have around 1b zeny to invest in gear, for now that is.. are Rebels good? I'm between that, Sura or GC... possibly a RK

#2 Akupuff

Akupuff

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2790 posts
  • Twitter:@akupuff
  • LocationMexico
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 09 April 2019 - 05:19 PM

Every class is good  :p_smile:  What do you want to do? What playstyles do you enjoy the most? Offensive and fast, or methodic and slow? Do you want to MVP, WOE or PVP? Do you like cute or cool? What do you want to achieve while playing? We all want to have fun of course, but we achieve that doing different things  :p_idea:  RO has a lot to offer and has something for everybody

#3 SirLut

SirLut

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 06:07 PM

Every class is good  :p_smile:  What do you want to do? What playstyles do you enjoy the most? Offensive and fast, or methodic and slow? Do you want to MVP, WOE or PVP? Do you like cute or cool? What do you want to achieve while playing? We all want to have fun of course, but we achieve that doing different things  :p_idea:  RO has a lot to offer and has something for everybody

MPV and WOE :P i like Offensive and of course fast. I love combo monks but not sure if they are strong ?

#4 andxres

andxres

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 11:15 PM

Both class are early farmer. Gene need high investment but can beat all end game content. Meanwhile ranger is your choice for someone who like high burst damage and cheaper investment. Gene can start farm instance since level 100 meanwhile ranger can farm effectively since level 130 (for prism build).

#5 Akupuff

Akupuff

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2790 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 10 April 2019 - 06:19 AM

Well, for aggresive classes, GX, RK and RG are great options. With a 1b option, I'd rather go the GX route. It's easy, it's cheap and fun! You can go the Rolling Cutter spin2win route or the Meteor Assault boring route :U (kidding, MA is good, I just haven't used it). 1b can gear both decently, though MA will require +7 Enforcer Shoes which are a bit expensive (700m) but are nice shoes even for non MA builds. MA doesn't require Poison Bottles, so that's a bonus. GX does super well on MVP, PVM and instances, but it is not popular in WOE. For WOE, you'd rather go the Knight route. RK and RG are both great in WOE and PVM/MVP alike, but require a bit more investment in both time and gears. Don't know much about them, but I'm sure many people are willing to give advice on that. Another good option can be Sura, as it is really good on all areas as well. It can be harder to level, but worth it at the end game :3

Also, what gears do you already have? Can help decide better which classes to grab. Gene gear sometime crosses with GX and Sura, Ranger gear can cross with Knight gear a bit (ranged stuff).

#6 SirLut

SirLut

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 10 April 2019 - 02:21 PM

Well, for aggresive classes, GX, RK and RG are great options. With a 1b option, I'd rather go the GX route. It's easy, it's cheap and fun! You can go the Rolling Cutter spin2win route or the Meteor Assault boring route :U (kidding, MA is good, I just haven't used it). 1b can gear both decently, though MA will require +7 Enforcer Shoes which are a bit expensive (700m) but are nice shoes even for non MA builds. MA doesn't require Poison Bottles, so that's a bonus. GX does super well on MVP, PVM and instances, but it is not popular in WOE. For WOE, you'd rather go the Knight route. RK and RG are both great in WOE and PVM/MVP alike, but require a bit more investment in both time and gears. Don't know much about them, but I'm sure many people are willing to give advice on that. Another good option can be Sura, as it is really good on all areas as well. It can be harder to level, but worth it at the end game :3

Also, what gears do you already have? Can help decide better which classes to grab. Gene gear sometime crosses with GX and Sura, Ranger gear can cross with Knight gear a bit (ranged stuff).

I'm going with Sura. I'm a level 61 Monk. The gears i have are Pirate Dagger, Hard cotton shirt(the one with the enchantment), +9 Maestro Vanagard Helm. others are eden equips, i do have +5VVS element stunners for now.

#7 Akupuff

Akupuff

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2790 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 10 April 2019 - 03:37 PM

Suras are fun  :p_laugh:  There are different ways to level them, so gotta prepare accordingly  :p_idea:

#8 andxres

andxres

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 10 April 2019 - 06:01 PM

I'm going with Sura. I'm a level 61 Monk. The gears i have are Pirate Dagger, Hard cotton shirt(the one with the enchantment), +9 Maestro Vanagard Helm. others are eden equips, i do have +5VVS element stunners for now.

Don't ever regret you choice.

#9 deforte

deforte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 01:13 AM

so old school wow! going to try sura later too but for now leveling my thief for the reason of CRS as GX its looks so cool <3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users