Renewal FAQ Friday 5/3 - Page 3 - Good Mornings Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Renewal FAQ Friday 5/3

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
101 replies to this topic

#51 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1629 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 04:45 PM

why the puppy are you adding delay to Vanishing Point??
what about the people who have invested so much on it?

who the puppy proposed this??
I personally don't woe but watches a few WoE videos a few times and i have not seen any RG use it. NEVER.

IF ANYTHING, APPLY IT IN ONLY IN WOE.
ADDING IT IN PVM IS puppy STUPID.

#52 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 May 2019 - 05:24 PM

this long in the thread and ppl still do not realize that 0.1s cooldown will do absolutely nothing to you if you don't use any shady stuff on your RO? lol

#53 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1629 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 05:41 PM

this long in the thread and ppl still do not realize that 0.1s cooldown will do absolutely nothing to you if you don't use any shady stuff on your RO? lol

question is WHY?
VP according to kRO is only delayed by attack speed.
VP here in iRO already messed up.

Most you could do without macro and bathory sprite is 2-3 per second when its supposed to be 7.
Why the fudge do i have to use bathory sprite to get its proper delay when my GX don't have to with RC?

If this does not affect PvM then I don't really care. It's just annoying how GMs are easily swayed by WoE crybabies.

#54 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 08 May 2019 - 05:48 PM

It isn’t about whether adding 0.1 sec cooldown will affect them or not, I think they realize it won’t, but that’s beyond the point. If a class has skills nerfed but the other classes do not, they will complain. If a class has more skills nerfed than other classes, they will complain. It comes down to fairness, and it’s how human beings are.

#55 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 05:50 PM

pretty sure i told you in the past already that that is an issue localized to you, because my VP spam is not that bad. It's not kRO/jRO good, but not that terrible.

Don't get me wrong, i'd love if there is a way to restrict "balance changes" to woe enviroment only.(i suggested something to camp i hope he saw it lol), but cheating occurs on PVM as well, and you know, the majority always pays for the bads of a minority.

#56 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 May 2019 - 05:53 PM

why the puppy are you adding delay to Vanishing Point??
what about the people who have invested so much on it?

who the puppy proposed this??
I personally don't woe but watches a few WoE videos a few times and i have not seen any RG use it. NEVER.

IF ANYTHING, APPLY IT IN ONLY IN WOE.
ADDING IT IN PVM IS puppy STUPID.

Because some baddies still probably die to VP in WoE? I used it but that's like ... 5 months ago before I quit WoE lol

And man, please dont quit RG or PvM. You're like the last respectable RG in iRO. That 0.1 second probably wont interrupt your VP but it's just weird that they still bother to annoy RG class when there are only few RG individuals left  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:

Edited by nyyaan, 08 May 2019 - 05:55 PM.

#57 MrLekkz

MrLekkz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 06:01 PM

Campitor, you must change BB and DS cooldown to be on pair with other skills. It's not fair that RK's and Ranger get punished more severely than others!!!!!! 0.1 sec cooldown for everyone or we ragequit !!!!!!!

(ノ °益°)ノ 彡 ┻━┻

(ノ °益°)ノ 彡 (\ .o.)\

EDIT: by "after cast delay" do you mean "cooldown"?

#58 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 06:08 PM

pretty sure that the approach was simply look at the most commonly complained about classes recently, and pick whatever most "meta" skill they have. There's yes some odd things listed there.

Masquerades - unless you change how masqs apply their cooldown(only on successfull attempts> any attempt) it wont have any effect. And if you make that change, you don't need to add any cooldown to it.(on might argue it could be even lowered by half)
Fireball - It just does a crap ton of damage, and because of the way it works it is not blocked by the ever present ME. The problem is that Super Novices can wear a 175 weapon with a crazy high matk(doram matk weap) and other class restricted or not lv100+ headgear due to just how the class works.
Cross Impact -  you CAN legitimately get like 3(depends on your aspd mostly) Cross Impacts back to back in less than half a second before the animation kicks in and you have to dance it/wait. What cheating does is that it allows to do so indefinitely, wich should be pretty obvious to point out and ban the user lol.

#59 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1629 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 06:13 PM

It isn’t about whether adding 0.1 sec cooldown will affect them or not, I think they realize it won’t, but that’s beyond the point. If a class has skills nerfed but the other classes do not, they will complain. If a class has more skills nerfed than other classes, they will complain. It comes down to fairness, and it’s how human beings are.

exactly. its really annoying.

pretty sure i told you in the past already that that is an issue localized to you, because my VP spam is not that bad. It's not kRO/jRO good, but not that terrible.

Don't get me wrong, i'd love if there is a way to restrict "balance changes" to woe enviroment only.(i suggested something to camp i hope he saw it lol), but cheating occurs on PVM as well, and you know, the majority always pays for the bads of a minority.

pretty sure i told you that OS is a factor but you insisted otherwise. To be fair, i wrongly assumed it applies to all but you did too with your argument.

People far away to iRO can't spam skills with mouse click unless they have Windows 7's exclusive feature of grouping packets together when there's LAG. To people like you, this is irrelevant since you

are not LAG.

#60 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1629 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 06:19 PM

@Campitor

you could at least elaborate on the reason.
some people are abusing VP in PvM? How, they were doing 7 hits per second?
fyi, that's the supposed delay.

https://youtu.be/b_9J-OcOyKE?t=1194

#61 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 May 2019 - 06:26 PM

If you think the supposed delay is 7 hits per second for skills, then you should have no reason to complain about a balance change to limit the skills to 10 per second as a bandaid to an issue.

It literally doesn't apply to you, nor affect you, unless you are cheating.

Also I hope this isn't the definitive list of the only skills you will be changing, Camp, because you missed out on a lot.

Edited by Toxn, 08 May 2019 - 06:27 PM.

#62 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 06:27 PM

Of course it does nothing, everyone knows this. But the question is why vanishing point? Lol. Why are already pretty inferior skills and not even affected by NDL being put on the list while ridiculously overpowered skills like Cart Cannon isn't? Who made this list and suggesiton? 

#63 Yeoh900418

Yeoh900418

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 182 posts
  • LocationTo decide later
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 08 May 2019 - 06:31 PM

WP, we deserve better explanation in putting. 1s after cast delay on some skills, rather than straight editing.
If the intention is for woe, then the effect should only applied to woe environment.
Stop putting restraint on some unpopular classes again and again.
Also, instead of editing these nonsense stuffs, how about your team should start focus to make the game lively? The population plummets so badly.

#64 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 May 2019 - 06:33 PM

Responses are literally "Let me cheat in PVM, just prevent me from cheating in WoE" right now.

#65 folkvangr

folkvangr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1180 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:EAC suc

Posted 08 May 2019 - 06:35 PM

when you will fix vallhalla idol sprite  :hmm:

#66 Yeoh900418

Yeoh900418

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 06:36 PM

How about you start counting how ppl are main in rg for end game? Vs those popular classes like gene and gx?
I am sure ppl will exploit much esp rc build gx.. We should start with this cast delay on those classes when you argue the exploitation is from pvm..

Edited by Yeoh900418, 08 May 2019 - 06:40 PM.

#67 3505170703074552307

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 08 May 2019 - 06:42 PM

How about you start counting how ppl are main in rg for end game? Vs those popular classes like gene and gx?
I am sure ppl will exploit much esp rc build gx.. We should start with this cast delay on those classes when you argue the exploitation is from pvm..

its 0.1s cooldown, calm your t***. you wont even notice it.

#68 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 06:43 PM

ndl literally doesnt do anything to RC :U  (to be fair it slightly does to RC>CRS combo, but mostly when on strings)

#69 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1629 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 06:45 PM

Responses are literally "Let me cheat in PVM, just prevent me from cheating in WoE" right now.

I'm all about preventing cheats.
But I do know a WoE player made Campitor do this.
Not that I'm saying i cheat in PvM.

Unless using autohotkey and blue candy is cheating.

#70 Yeoh900418

Yeoh900418

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 06:47 PM

The idea of these changes should be clear and specific. What trigger it? Why changes? And what will be effects to pvm, and of course woe..?
By having these definitions, we all are in the consensus to the changes.
It is not out of sudden/ nowhere, wp lists out some skills subjected to after cast delay.
Is this the way wp treats those sincere/ faithful players left in IRO now?

#71 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

If you're against cheats than VP being included shouldn't be an issue.

What is an issue is that the cooldown isn't being applied to all skills.

#72 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

People far away to iRO can't spam skills with mouse click unless they have Windows 7's exclusive feature of grouping packets together when there's LAG. To people like you, this is irrelevant since you

are not LAG.

Btw is this surely a windows 7 exclusive feature? because thats not my OS, i only used it for like a year tops in the past. (i do have a quite hefty ping, or lag or whatever you wanna call it tho)

#73 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 06:49 PM

Make it on literally every skill. 

Hell, consider making it 0.135. 

Edited by mildcontempt, 08 May 2019 - 06:49 PM.

#74 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 06:51 PM

Make it on literally every skill. 

Hell, consider making it 0.135. 

Exactly lol, I'm so tired of "if you can't win in WoE cause of a skill, just PM GM and change it". Theres always people getting special treatments and it's so frustrating to play this game competitively. 

Funny thing is, the guild that complained absolutely started abusing OB and is the only reason they were even doing anything recently.

It's like Demeris said long ago, the GMs are too close to the players. And the GMs listen too much to the players.

If we're going to "prevent cheating" then everyone should be okay with a 0.1 second added to every skill, none of you cheat right? Lmfao. 

#75 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1629 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 06:53 PM

If you're against cheats than VP being included shouldn't be an issue.

What is an issue is that the cooldown isn't being applied to all skills.

you putting an "If" to your statement just says you don't believe me.

you can't expect people to say nothing when something absurd is done without explanation and evidence.

the issue here is GMs are easily swayed by WoE crybabies, when 10year old bugs are left unfixed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users