The current system for enchanting costume gear lacks a lot to be desired.
Costumes - What isn't working
- Costumes need to be manually added to the enchanter when they are introduced in the new loot crates.
- Costumes need to be destroyed to obtain a random stone.
- Stone use comes with a failure rate. Multiple factors of RNG
- Benefits from enchantment are minor relative to the cost, risk, and odds.
- Redundant costume sinks via costume boxter and enchanting npc.
Costumes - Suggested Improvements
- Add a special slot to costumes (Headgears that take 3 positions get 3 slots)
- Earn Costume Merit Badges through monthly tasks.
- Use "Costume Merit Badges" to purchase specific enchant stone boxes (ie. Garment Box $$$$$, Upper Box $$$, Mid Box $$, Lower Box $)
- Compound enchant stones as you would a Card or Darklord Essence into the costume.
Toning down the multiple factors of RNG would be a lot more enjoyable. By implementing the costumes in this way, it would reduce the amount of reactive hotfixing to the enchanter NPC. Granted, it would take work to re-script costumes to include slots. Players are rewarded for owning several different looks, which serves multiple purposes... 1) Increase the amount of costumes people buy and trade in game. 2) Add usefulness to costumes players might not wear regularly.
I would recommend a long reset on these quests due to so many people having multiple accounts with 12-27 characters on them to farm events. I would also recommend 1 of the gears be randomly selected from a list of the current costume box. The good thing about this system is that if the staff forgets to add a list of costumes to the random rotation, players won't complain about it.
We get a lot of cool new costumes in the game, but the amount of time, effort, and money that goes into enchanting just one gear is enough to never want to do it again. I use the same HP% enchantment lower on everything. It would be nice to be able to enchant multiple costumes for that sweet 2% damage boost without spending 600m every time to do it (2b+ for garment enchants). There are lots of costumes I'd like to wear but just don't because I need my enchanted ones. Would be nice to actually flair characters differently.