10 replies to this topic

#1 Tr1St4r

Tr1St4r

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 01:43 AM

Hi,

I have been playing this game for a long time (since alpha) and have noticed it has not adapted with the times. Just recently there was a 300% exp gain on chaos and I found the game far more enjoyable. There are obvious reason to this but let me clear this up. First I have 1 hour to play a day on an average week and I feel that I should gain 1 level per 'gramps' turn in. This leaves me with some sense of accomplishment. My next reason is there is a ton of end game content in IRO but forcing a person to invest 300 some hours (at a minimum) in accessing it is ridiculous. 

I feel a game is played to be enjoyed, not to suffer. The exp rates at the higher end level (+100) are poorly done. Please fix this. It is prevent others from enjoying this game.

Ragnarok is a great game and with small changes it can be even better. Make exp rates standard to the 3X model and then make special event that are even higher then that!

#2 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 April 2019 - 04:53 AM

enjoy the leveling, is the most fun part of the RO experience.

#3 coolvampire

coolvampire

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 05:53 AM

enjoy the leveling, is the most fun part of the RO experience.

lol it's true. 

sometimes, i got bored, tired, burned out from long hours of leveling, but always comeback for more  :rice:

#4 ninJedi

ninJedi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1240 posts
  • LocationPH: I don't wanna disconnect, Mr.Smart
  • Server:Thor

Posted 28 April 2019 - 06:05 AM

I don't know why people keep thinking this. But you don't need to be max level or doing end-game content to enjoy this game.

Nowhere is it stated that the only fun you'll ever be getting here is behind a wall of countless days spent grinding.

There is a future patch that will adjust exp tables to make it faster to get to lvl 175 tho (Base 185 Job 65 Level Cap update lol)

Edited by ninJedi, 28 April 2019 - 07:00 AM.

#5 Ilindith

Ilindith

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1451 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 08:48 AM

Never had any issues with leveling.

Then again, this is nothing more than another "change the game to suit MY needs" thread.

Move along.

Edited by Ilindith, 28 April 2019 - 09:49 AM.

#6 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 09:04 AM

We have XP events so frequently, and never mind the always-present spotlight (which is in some ways much better than a normal XP event, especially if you use battle manuals). 

#7 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 28 April 2019 - 09:35 AM

unfortunately, for the exp/drop increase events to feel meaningful and actually drive more players to do stuff, it cannot always be on... It's just how human behavior works.

For now, maybe you can just chill out on the leveling. The exp events come very very often actually.

#8 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 10:36 AM

Would be cool if there was a dynamic event that rotated between EXP and Drop increase. Every 2 hrs game broadcast would announce which event was active. Similar to the cat donation broadcast from the most recent event.

Its irrational, but I always have the feeling of missing out when I pick between leveling and farming MVPs when exp and drops are both active. I guess you risk the boost running out in the middle of a gum or battle manual. That would be a potential downside.

#9 deforte

deforte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 03:21 PM

bounty board and battle manual do the trick just in case you cannot wait for the exp event which comes once in a while.

#10 ninJedi

ninJedi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1240 posts
  • LocationPH: I don't wanna disconnect, Mr.Smart
  • Server:Thor

Posted 28 April 2019 - 08:43 PM

If leveling wasn't meant to be fun and feel worth your time, then exp rewards from quests and mvp kills wouldn't exist

#11 CaptainSunbear

CaptainSunbear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 06:06 AM

Copy pasting my own comment from another exp related thread:

In their defense they bring a lot of exp event over time.

What I do during this exp event downtime is go farm consumables or other stuff, work on Safe certificate from the eat gear mimic or collect giant snake skins from faceworm instance and or run ghost palace/GMT and other instances or maps for misc items I could use to make zeny.

If your char is low level even reaching 150 enables you to earn some of those benefits such as farming instances you normally wouldn’t at lower levels and even if you can’t play much a day, running dailies for banquet for heroes did wonders for me with faceworm nest run and such. You don’t need to be max level you just gotta figure out what to do or find out how to do things at your level.

Just a piece of advice for anyone who wants the exp event but we know we won’t get it right away. There’s other stuff to do to save money and get battle manuals for when exp boost event comes around.

Also look at the upcoming events and updates and plan ahead. They post such information in FAQ threads every now and then.

Keep your head up there’s other things to do in the meantime that’ll benefit you, go explore you’ll have fun

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users