Toggle/Disable Indoor camera - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Toggle/Disable Indoor camera

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ninJedi

ninJedi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1240 posts
  • LocationPH: I don't wanna disconnect, Mr.Smart
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Thor

Posted 28 April 2019 - 03:27 AM

I think indoor camera is awful the way it works right now.

I'm guessing that maybe the goal for it was immersion? but in my opinion the camera rotation limits are annoying and just ruins the gaming experience. (Just like in prontera royal palace where no matter how you try to rotate your camera, the spot for the kitchen cooking quest is always blocked by either poring jelly or the other chef npc's).

It gets worse when you're in combat too especially if its with a character that needs to kite monsters for skill dance.
I can understand not being able to zoom-out as far as you can compared to when outside and in the fields, but restricting the camera rotation is a step too far in my opinion since you end up misclicking on the monsters more often thanks to the overly-generous targetting system.

If it's not possible to disable them for all maps then can we atleast have them disabled in maps that have monsters? (like Underground Bunker)

Edited by ninJedi, 28 April 2019 - 04:30 AM.

#2 astyrah

astyrah

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 29 April 2019 - 06:56 AM

haven't messed with the client for a while but i remember i downloaded a qol patch from the irowiki discord way way back and it includes a zoom unlock thing that also makes indoor areas freely zoomable/rotatable makes indoor areas look like this  ⇓ some areas look broken without the camera lock though

Spoiler

shame we have to resort to such fixes though (like this and ROExt) when we could've had the option for it natively ingame. though i'd understand the need for immersion the devs had intended

#3 ninJedi

ninJedi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1240 posts
  • LocationPH: I don't wanna disconnect, Mr.Smart
  • Server:Thor

Posted 30 April 2019 - 01:37 PM

That's exactly what I meant for the rotation unlock thing.

I also still think it's supposed to be built-in to the game and not unlocked by modding the client, simply because randomly googling for such mods on our own would potentially compromise the safety of our accounts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users