When will be update to Requiem 2 ? - Requiem Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

When will be update to Requiem 2 ?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 DrLife

DrLife

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 06:47 AM

Hello!

Just want to know, maybe somebody heard something about Requiem 2. And maybe there is a petition to Korean developments about creation Requiem 2. Or maybe something else. Just very want this game goes ahead, it's very cool game

:thumb2:

#2 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 02 May 2019 - 01:09 PM

Never. There isn't any development on Requiem at all. The only way is if you decide to make Requiem 2.

#3 DrLife

DrLife

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 11:26 PM

But maybe Korean develpment know, that we want Requem 2?

And how can I make Requiem 2? I'm one but it need many developments, and I never did mmorpg. haha, it would be fantastic

#4 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 06:56 AM

Actually it's not difficult to make an mmorpg solo if you drop the superfluous stuff and willing to buy assets. If we look at the depth of Requiem. The entire game outside of quests could be done by 1 person in a couple years using a ready-made mmo engine like the Hero Engine.

#5 DrLife

DrLife

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 04 May 2019 - 07:48 AM

If Requiem 2 will be done in the Hero Engine then I will never play in it. I play this game because one of reason is Havok.

And if 1 person did mmoprg then this mmorpg will looks like maden by one person - who needs this?

#6 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 08:16 AM

Havok is a physics engine, it can be used with a variety of game engines including the Hero Engine.
Out of the MMORPGs released on Gamebryo, they have all suffered from lack of content updates. This is because it's difficult to continually add content to Gamebryo. The server engine on this particular game also has issues with handling a large number of players. Most of the issues surrounding the game have to do with the design policy of Gravity Co. in 2008 to only support a game for 2 years, and the software choices inability to continue beyond 2 years. The same applies to a degree with Unity and Unreal. They are engines not designed to be constantly updated.
The Hero Engine was designed first as an MMORPG engine. It's significantly easier to add content with the Hero Engine, and it's capable of handling a much larger data set than Gravity's current server engine. The Hero Engine also has some of the best level editing tools.

Edited by Cleffy, 29 May 2019 - 06:46 AM.

#7 JuneStar236

JuneStar236

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Server:Trifri

Posted 02 October 2019 - 08:21 AM

I really enjoyed this game, it started in 2010 but it was closed for a while in Southeast Asia. Now there is no one Vietnamese to play this game anymore. I am also short

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users