CMAstra

Maje҉s͘t͡ic S̛pa͠će ͢W̡hal͞ȩ

• Community Managers
  • 1120 posts
  • Twitter:CM_Astra
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 09 May 2019 - 03:21 PM

faqfriday.jpg

Are you ready for some answers to your previous questions?

Irrelevant, here they are!

Got more? Share them here!

Renewal FAQ Friday

5/10/2019

Campitor:

Since many of the questions and comments are regarding Skill Changes we are going to consolidate our answer here. Currently we are working on testing the addition of skill cooldowns for the WoE environment. This is in order to provide a hard limit to the amount of times a skill can be cast per second. As we move forward this this process will be slow and based off your feedback so may sure to comment on the threads when they go up.

Some goals and observations as we start reviewing everything.
1. Where possible we should avoid negatively affecting PVM.
2. Cooldowns will end up lower than the average human reaction time of .15 - .25 seconds.

3. We will expand the project to every other skill in the game if we can. (Pre renewal skills will be tougher but we think we have a way)
4. Our timeline for this work is being moved to after the Illusion of Frozen update testing. We need to get that on the server so the next update can be requested from kRO.
5. We do not plan to add cool downs to skills that already have cool downs unless needed.
6. This will be a long project as we need to finish out with the BG changes and a few other updates.
7. This is for testing purposes we are not going to rush it onto the live server, without feedback and testing from the users.

8. When the project starts we will make dedicated section for testing and discussion. We will work to clone characters from Chaos and Thor over (if I can figure out the technical hurdles for this) 

Am feeling a tiny bit optimistic after hearing these answers atleast lol

Q> Are edits/modifications like these(vv) possible and maybe doable in-house or will we have to wait for zé Stųdiö?:
> Tweaking Indoor Camera
https://forums.warpp...e-indoor-camera
> Gramps Dialogue Shortcut
https://forums.warpp...mps-ti-dialogue

Campitor: Tweaking the indoor camera would be something we can look at relaxing but not removing.
Speeding up gramps dialog we can examine. We still want users to have the other options available but it could be reordered to be more friendly to speedy entry.

after cast delay or cooldown?  :hmm:  :hmm:

Campitor: Please see my note above.

Diamond Dust already have a 1 second cast delay and you're still planning to add 0.10 second?
It has a 5 second cool down so how can it be abused?
If the abuse was cause by the flat reduction of cool downs brought by other items (King of Spirit Circlet and Spirit King's Ring), it would be unfair for those who really can't get those items and don't use them?
Are you really pressing those players to get those stuff?

Why are op skills like cart cannon not on the list but vanishing point is? Lmfao who are you listening to now Camp.

Please add a cooldown to Gates of Hell.

Instead of adding 0.1 cast delay, why not put 0.2 cooldown like dragon breath?

zzzzzzzzzz....Doram already goes behind n u add more 0.1 sec cast delay??how with doram life in bio5?GENE are posible beat alot fragment in 1 gum..
if i m say its like 30-50 fragment / gum but for Doram only did 15-25 fragment each gum n now u add more delay after cast? seriously GM team??

#2 CMAstra

CMAstra

• Community Managers
  • 1120 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 03:26 PM

Campitor: 
Hey Folks we have a planned Sakray Update for next week. We plan to add a 0.1 second after cast delay to the following skills.
Overbrand
Vanishing Point
Picky Peck
Cross Impact
Masqs(all)
Diamond Dust
Fireball

Do you mean 0.1 Cooldown on the skill? And can we have Dragon Breath CD down to 0.1 second? Other server don't even have CD on the skill, why do we though.

any information on ;

1. space bar as dialogue action key

2. VIP buff revamp?

Campitor: 1. We will ask the studio why the space bar cannot be bound to any short cuts.
2. The new VIP system is on our wish list from the studio. During their visit they show cased the various options, how it worked, and other details regarding it.

Dear RO Staff:
Poring Man or Boitata?

EDIT:
An actual question:
When will Loading Screen Submissions be back?

Astra: OOF THAT'S TOUGH... Boitata though, since he's the stuff of dreams, whereas Poring Man is the stuff of nightmares

Jelloshaker: Poring Man

Magus: Poring man

Campitor: Current ETA is early to mid June depending on the tools team.

Is it possible to have a Merry Badger NPC in Kafra Mail Annex Map?

Campitor: Due to the complexity of this NPC we do not wish to clone it as updating the npc in multiple locations will lead to greater errors and other issues.

Can we retain the Halter Lead in the Merry Badger exchange?

Can we increase the amount of Blue Potions obtained from the exchange too?

Campitor: 1. There are no plans to remove the short term Halter Lead rental from Merry Badger
2. Merry Badger gives blue herbs, but we can check the number of herbs she gives.

#3 CMAstra

CMAstra

• Community Managers
  • 1120 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 03:28 PM

Can you add either Merry Badger or an Eden Teleport Officer in Kafra Annex - or both?

Just for the convenience of getting the Miracle Buff much easier

Campitor: The portal in the mail annex already returns you to the Eden Group.

Any photo/souvenir/anything you can share from the kRO visit on WP?

:p_laugh:

Campitor: We don't really have any photos and souvenirs to share of the meetings. We focused mostly and working to bring many quality of Life changes to the iRO service in the next year.

Does the studio have a branch/department/coalitionOfUnpaidInterns dedicated for preparing and distributing patches to other servers?

Or is it just something that they work on in their free time?

Campitor: The studio provides updates to all partners through the use of a shared QA and project management team.

Change the CD on bowling bash and Doublr Strafe too while you’re at it. Kappa. I remember Oda telling me it was “hardcoded” in and they can’t change it. Now if you can add cooldown to other skills, you can remove too. No reason for these two skills to have 0.5 sec CD when it originally has none everywhere else.

Campitor, you must change BB and DS cooldown to be on pair with other skills. It's not fair that RK's and Ranger get punished more severely than others!!!!!! 0.1 sec cooldown for everyone or we ragequit !!!!!!!

(ノ °益°)ノ 彡 ┻━┻

(ノ °益°)ノ 彡 (\ .o.)\

EDIT: by "after cast delay" do you mean "cooldown"?

Wait a minute, VP with .1 additional cooldown/after-cast delay? Who the F died to VP in WoE anyway? Who didn't cast Pneuma?

Plus, wouldn't this potentially add a few more issues to RGs who have this as their levelling skill? 
Overbrand already has a fairly long cast delay already, it'd create issues for those trying to mob level.

Why not consider the case with Cart Cannon too? Or rather, cut all of this madness out?

#4 CMAstra

CMAstra

• Community Managers
  • 1120 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 03:32 PM

why the f*** are you adding delay to Vanishing Point??
what about the people who have invested so much on it?

who the f*** proposed this??
I personally don't woe but watches a few WoE videos a few times and i have not seen any RG use it. NEVER.

IF ANYTHING, APPLY IT IN ONLY IN WOE.
ADDING IT IN PVM IS F****** STUPID.

@Campitor

you could at least elaborate on the reason.
some people are abusing VP in PvM? How, they were doing 7 hits per second?
fyi, that's the supposed delay.

https://youtu.be/b_9J-OcOyKE?t=1194

@Campitor

why does one player have the power to change the game and cater it to his personal liking?

Oh man, WoE is gonna mess PvM again. Who the he’ll suggested the list again, Camp? Please tell me that these skills are most exploitable ... said by who now. We need some transparency (even though we know exactly who are behind this change again). Why Cart Cannon not on the list again? I’m asking for legitimate concern and curiosity T_T

If I understand it right. Cant win WoE. Let’s add WoE MvP. Can’t win WoE again. Let’s now try to nerf some skills. If still can’t win, what next? Ban players because they are too strong?

And some people say it’s kRO to blame, and not WP. Holy Jesus Christ rofl

#5 IgnotusCarl

IgnotusCarl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 May 2019 - 04:11 PM

If Quality of Life updates come or other major and minor kRO updates(not OCPs from Japan) come, can you priotize(give effort and time) to those instead of the proposed WOE skill experiments you suggested?

We're really behind on updates and these experiments can be a potential distraction.

Can it be possible that the skills changes that you propose only work in the WOE environment? I think it's possible because some skills already has restrictions only to be use in WOE or some of their effects are turned off in WOE.

Edited by IgnotusCarl, 10 May 2019 - 04:20 PM.

#6 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 04:23 PM

If Quality of Life updates come or other major and minor kRO updates(not OCPs from Japan) come, can you priotize(give effort and time) to those instead of the proposed WOE skill experiments you suggested?

We're really behind on updates and these experiments can be a potential distraction.

Can it be possible that the skills changes that you propose only work in the WOE environment? I think it's possible because some skills already has restrictions only to be use in WOE or some of their effects are turned off in WOE.

Yes, if an update delivered we will pause local projects to get it in ASAP so that we can clear the pipeline to request the next from the studio.

#7 CaptainSunbear

CaptainSunbear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 04:29 PM

I missed placing a question here for this FAQs. if possible could I get a response (otherwise I'm okay with waiting until next week):

When can we expect the EMB rebalance? will it still fall under May? and is there any approximate time frame for the bounty board update?

#8 Galoras

Galoras

I am New.

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 04:40 PM

Are there any plans to do a new set of items for Yggdrasil Ascension?

#9 KunKnee

KunKnee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 406 posts
  • Twitter:@kunknee

Posted 10 May 2019 - 04:46 PM

Hi RO Staff

- What's your favorite card art
- And also can pretty please Crazy Uproar come back to be a weekly thing again? CM Livestreams are a nice way to promote things about iRO and the BMX3 events are always fun :3

Edited by KunKnee, 15 May 2019 - 09:47 PM.

#10 dawnte

dawnte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1980 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 May 2019 - 04:53 PM

Q: Can you add either Merry Badger or an Eden Teleport Officer in Kafra Annex - or both?

Just for the convenience of getting the Miracle Buff much easier

Campitor: The portal in the mail annex already returns you to the Eden Group.

This is not the case when you access Kafra Annex through a WoE realm Kafra.

I am talking from a WoE player perspective. If you access Kafra Annex from a WoE realm Kafra and leave through the portal, it returns you to the WoE realm and NOT Eden Group. Which is why it would be convenient for WoE players to get Miracle Buff through either of the two NPCs in Kafra Annex.

And almost everyone is saved in a WoE realm - it would be too much of a hassle to get a warp from someone to get to town, go to Eden, then talk to Merry Badger to get the buff. We can simplify it by adding Merry Badger to Kafra Annex. And let's not forget the buff lasts 1 hour, and normal WoEs are 2 hours.

Please add the NPC/s, thanks!

Edit: Saw your response about how it might cause you troubles if Merry Badger was put in Kafra Annex and I can understand it. 

So add Eden Teleport NPC instead then please?

Another convenience the Eden NPC would add is that people who are stuck in a WoE realm/no warper can just go to Kafra Annex then use Eden teleport service.

Edited by dawnte, 11 May 2019 - 07:09 PM.

#11 Vhaaaan

Vhaaaan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 451 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 10 May 2019 - 05:22 PM

Costume Valhalla Idol fix when? :) :) :) :) :)

#12 mashaa

mashaa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 06:03 PM

Could you have some plan to new events in game?
I really like TLAPD event last year (exchange shadow gears with super large jellopy reward), but maybe you can create TLAPD with the enchant stone reward version?

Enchant stone price going crazy, really really high, only can be obtained from gambling exchange bio5 hat / buy kitcoins. Not everyone can farm this.
and now it is in high demand since costume enchant list updated.

Thanks

#13 LeeKelly

LeeKelly

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 588 posts
  • LocationUmbala; Amatsu

Posted 10 May 2019 - 06:19 PM

When will the costumes I requested be enchantable?

Costume Elder Devil Horn
Costume Red Gemini Eyes
Costume Low Pony

I can’t believe the costumes that were released recently can be enchanted but the costumes I requested that were released last year cant.

#14 MrLekkz

MrLekkz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 06:48 PM

Hey Campitor, is it possible to review Bowling Bash's and Double Strafe's cooldown to be on pair with these new changes? (0.2 would be fine for me)

About the new nerfs, as a PvM player im okay with them.

Edited by MrLekkz, 10 May 2019 - 06:49 PM.

#15 GetsugaHollow

GetsugaHollow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 06:49 PM

Can you answer if we will ever have Shadow Class Gears on this server? If not now do you even plan to bring it sometime?

#16 activista

activista

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 169 posts
  • LocationSt. Capitolina Abbey
  • Server:Ghost

Posted 10 May 2019 - 11:28 PM

seriously?GoH will have CD? FYI: lowering the level of GOH will also reduce its after cast delay. 

level 7 GOH (.7 delay) and 70% delay reductions (gears) for 100% delay redux. is it really needed to add CD? 

also, any update for this?: https://forums.warpp...r-earth-shaker/

#17 bgmds

bgmds

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 673 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 11:51 PM

There is no Sakray OCP Testing this week?

#18 bgmds

bgmds

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 673 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 11:53 PM

seriously?GoH will have CD? FYI: lowering the level of GOH will also reduce its after cast delay. 

level 7 GOH (.7 delay) and 70% delay reductions (gears) for 100% delay redux. is it really needed to add CD? 

also, any update for this?: https://forums.warpp...r-earth-shaker/

I think it is more realistic to apply demi-human reduction formula on it HP portion damage instead. Its HP portion damage it way higher than it supposes to be.

#19 activista

activista

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 12:17 AM

I think it is more realistic to apply demi-human reduction formula on it HP portion damage instead. Its HP portion damage it way higher than it supposes to be.

i see, you want bonus dmg from GoH can be reduce through human reduction gears, unfortunately, bonus damage is unaffected by external modifiers as per iRO Wiki GoH description. and the concept is more missing hp more dmg and it is risky.

#20 bgmds

bgmds

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 673 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 12:38 AM

i see, you want bonus dmg from GoH can be reduce through human reduction gears, unfortunately, bonus damage is unaffected by external modifiers as per iRO Wiki GoH description. and the concept is more missing hp more dmg and it is risky.

Don't know your purpose of quoting Wiki. Everyone knows demi-human reduction doesn't work for GOH now. Thats the reason I bring it up for change request. I really not sure it can still be considered risky as a 250k Sura can chain 3 GOH per second while he has 150k losing HP under sacrifice skill. 100k HP is more than 90% of players HP in WOE to be honest, not sure why is it risky.

#21 activista

activista

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 01:31 AM

Don't know your purpose of quoting Wiki. Everyone knows demi-human reduction doesn't work for GOH now. Thats the reason I bring it up for change request. I really not sure it can still be considered risky as a 250k Sura can chain 3 GOH per second while he has 150k losing HP under sacrifice skill. 100k HP is more than 90% of players HP in WOE to be honest, not sure why is it risky.

my purpose is to inform you and readers about the bonus damage mechanics of GoH, if you already knew that then that's good for you. lol you're not complaining about the mechanics, you're complaining on his gears/buffs. you didnt informed me that sura has 250k HP, well, that's the advantage of having high risk and other hp set of items/buffs not only for sura but other classes too. live with it. if he's under sacrifice then ask your RG to use sacrifice on you and tell him to use defender/reflect for range and melee attacks. if you have low hp to tank but you have anti-human, then it is time for you to hunt TGK card.

#22 deforte

deforte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 02:04 AM

any plan for ODR+ORC combo in the future? its grayed out :)

#23 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 11 May 2019 - 02:17 AM

also, any update for this?: https://forums.warpp...r-earth-shaker/

1. the minimal cooldown added will not affect you in any shape or form.

2. bonus damage(of any skill) piercing through all resistances is retarded and should have been dealt with years ago already.

3. "risky" with damage to 1 shot 95% of the playerbase while still sitting at a super big effective health pool, having access to some of the best defensive tools in the game, the best crowd control and the best mobility. Anything else?

#24 bgmds

bgmds

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 673 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 02:24 AM

my purpose is to inform you and readers about the bonus damage mechanics of GoH, if you already knew that then that's good for you. lol you're not complaining about the mechanics, you're complaining on his gears/buffs. you didnt informed me that sura has 250k HP, well, that's the advantage of having high risk and other hp set of items/buffs not only for sura but other classes too. live with it. if he's under sacrifice then ask your RG to use sacrifice on you and tell him to use defender/reflect for range and melee attacks. if you have low hp to tank but you have anti-human, then it is time for you to hunt TGK card.

No worries, I have 2 Tao, and I have 200k hp, but the problem is most Sura can easily deal 300k - 450k damage(without any efficient way to reduce that damage, Ghostering maybe, but no Tao, Consultation Robe combo, maybe, but losing large amount of demi-human reduction, not realistic) within a second, only autopot will survive under that damage output. Other damage dealers on WOE that can deal this high damage are like WL, Ranger, but their HP pool is much lower than Sura with 150k HP missing. Most WL and Ranger only have like 100k HP with Tao, and they don't likely have demi-human reduction. Also, the RG who sacrifice them will also got oneshot most of the time, so it isn't really realistic to have such high damage dealer and considerable good survival ability in WOE. You might say let the skill HP portion damage can be reduced by demi-human damage is too much, but I think it should at least be reduced by long ranged damage reduction, like Imuke shield.

#25 Netha

Netha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 11:03 AM

Are you guys still thinking the decline in population numbers stems from RO:mobile and if yes, for how long will you continue to do so?

And are there still 10 thousands of players logging in each week?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users