#1 kagejinkun

kagejinkun

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 May 2019 - 10:16 PM

K

Kagejin has returned. 

I propose to all players to lower their market prices. For new players and most important.... revive the server.

What do you say??

I propose to all players to lowe

#2 Patsu88

Patsu88

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 19 May 2019 - 12:37 AM

which prices? which market?

#3 kagejinkun

kagejinkun

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 May 2019 - 01:31 AM

which prices? which market?

All Item, all equip, all consus, etc

#4 Zobaa

Zobaa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 19 May 2019 - 04:57 AM

I agree. But for this all players have to do.

#5 Finagle

Finagle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 19 May 2019 - 05:06 AM

While commendable, lowering prices on the same castle drops won't revive the server.

The last times you vended lower priced items, it was mostly me buying those gears (bows), but now I don't need them.

When the players that are left all know each other, we don't really need to vend if we can just ask each other for a deal.

It's not worth the time and effort to try to vend items at any reasonable price if there is no demand.

Market prices are a symptom of, not an underlying cause, for low server population.

Players quit en masse because: 

1. There were bots from day one. They outnumber real players.
  2. Rapid inflation/duping.
  3. EU ban (forced separation of friendships/communities)

To this day, not a single bot I have ever reported has been banned as far as I know.

I have met several Spanish speaking new players come to the server since Resistencia quit, and even before. I try to direct them to you guys, but you were mostly only available on weekends.

Most players that are left, are not teenagers anymore and we can't always be available, but if you truly want the server to gain players, you need to find a way to foster a community and be available to help new players directly, not only through the market.

Edited by Finagle, 19 May 2019 - 08:08 AM.

#6 kagejinkun

kagejinkun

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 May 2019 - 07:49 AM

While commendable, lowering prices on the same castle drops won't revive the server.

The last times you vended lower priced items, it was mostly me buying those gears (bows), but now I don't need them.

When the players that are left all know each other, we don't really need to vend if we can just ask each other for a deal.

It's not worth the time and effort to try to vend items at any reasonable price if there is no demand.

Market prices are a symptom of, not an underlying cause, for low server population.

Players quit en masse because: 

1. There were bots from day one. They outnumber real players.
  2. Rapid inflation/duping.
  3. EU ban (forced separation of friendships/communities)

To this day, not a single bot I have ever reported has been banned as far as I know.

I have met several Spanish speaking new players come to the server since Resistencia quit, and even before. I try to direct them to guys, but you were mostly only available on weekends.

Most players that are left, are not teenagers anymore and we can't always be available, but if you truly want the server to gain players, you need to find a way to foster a community and be available to help new players directly, not only through the market.

it is already a beginning...

beginning

it is already a beginning

#7 DDQuidam

DDQuidam

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok DS
  • Server:Nintendo DSi XL

Posted 19 May 2019 - 03:56 PM

Lowering prices would only make those with money get a monopoly on everything, as it pretty much already is. You really have no idea how supply and demand work.

As eloquently stated by Finagle, the problem lies elsewhere and won't be fixed any time soon, since if it could be fixed it would've already been done so long ago.

#8 Patsu88

Patsu88

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 03:32 AM

it can be fixed, but that would affect the whales (better said, whale) of the server, the people who really puts money in it and wont quit because of it

#9 KageMerch

KageMerch

I am New.

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 01:51 AM

it can be fixed, but that would affect the whales (better said, whale) of the server, the people who really puts money in it and wont quit because of it

How can it be repaired?

#10 Patsu88

Patsu88

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 04:16 PM

starting by banning bots and solving the dupe issue. but those are handled by the whales the put money on the server, so if those end, also end the money input

#11 porkie8174

porkie8174

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 05:26 PM

This is what i think we are needed temporary have NPC provide unlimited free Full stats reset and skills until more new players to join, while old players can do PVP/ WOE/ and MVP. Specially not so many players, that will make other players don't want to levels their characters. Overall i think GM need to find something that create interest and convenience for other peoples to plays and join this server. 

#12 kagejinkun

kagejinkun

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 09:38 PM

This is what i think we are needed temporary have NPC provide unlimited free Full stats reset and skills until more new players to join, while old players can do PVP/ WOE/ and MVP. Specially not so many players, that will make other players don't want to levels their characters. Overall i think GM need to find something that create interest and convenience for other peoples to plays and join this server. 

completely agree

completely agree!

#13 Sumayks

Sumayks

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 26 May 2019 - 03:11 PM

this server has no more salvation. It must do harm to keep it running. For me the best solution is an immediate merge

#14 Arkghyom

Arkghyom

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 June 2019 - 11:10 PM

They should shut it down before it keeps sinking. It was already a doomed ship, but there was a pretty cow inside the ship full of money. They decided to milk the poor cow and now it's dry!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users