Classic May 23rd Maintenance Thread - Page 2 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Classic May 23rd Maintenance Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
45 replies to this topic

#26 ugotit

ugotit

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 08:45 AM

A trans character on renewal is not very usefull without their gear you can already do 1-99 with eden gear in a few hours. Host the backup from monday for a week and let people organize their items/characters and offer to manually transfer them + their inventories to renewal for a fee(3-5k wpe?). This limits you to 100 items or what the character can hold any conflicting item id's can be deleted or recreated with the renewal version when you transfer the characters. 

#27 watttttttttttttt

watttttttttttttt

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 12:03 PM

A trans character on renewal is not very usefull without their gear you can already do 1-99 with eden gear in a few hours. Host the backup from monday for a week and let people organize their items/characters and offer to manually transfer them + their inventories to renewal for a fee(3-5k wpe?). This limits you to 100 items or what the character can hold any conflicting item id's can be deleted or recreated with the renewal version when you transfer the characters. 

charge people money to transfer their own items to some -_-y renewal server thats just going to die soon anyway. lmao

idk why you guys think this is a money issue. there are single players on classic who spend enough money on WPE to fund the server for another decade

#28 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 May 2019 - 02:40 AM

How much zeny was there in circulation on classic? Coz thats a pretty important part on deciding how much zeny per character will be allowed to transfer over.

#29 gaurus

gaurus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 560 posts
  • LocationJuno

Posted 25 May 2019 - 03:30 AM

inb4 dupers dupe classic zeny so that they may hope to transfer it legally luls.

#30 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 03:35 AM

IF we get it to work, then Zeny might be transferred over. However, the amount will most likely be limited.

Oh god. No. Please don't. Not even 1z. Just give them x9999 storage and tele tickets, x9999 white potions, wings, etc. All account-bound.

Edited by mikkotinamide, 25 May 2019 - 03:36 AM.

#31 eboaroli

eboaroli

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 25 May 2019 - 05:09 AM

Oh god. No. Please don't. Not even 1z. Just give them x9999 storage and tele tickets, x9999 white potions, wings, etc. All account-bound.

Doesn't quite sound a firm grasp on what zeny is needed for. Naked 99s won't solve the problem or make classic players really want to play on renewal, that's the why the staff is trying harder. I really think there should be a way to transfer gods and MVPs over. Dupe wise, both are warpportal servers and possibly have had the same issues over the years.

#32 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 05:19 AM

gods and mvps when things will be avaiable on mpcs :thinking:

you are right that fresh characters wont be near what "proper" renewal characters can do, but you dont need a whole lot just to get by to the point of being able to get a solid footing into the server.

Thats why there has to be a good compromise between how much players will be allowed to keep. Even something like 20m per character(wich lets be real most ppl will have multiple of them) is far more than enough to get decent gear to restart your journey.

(Ppl should still receice many BMs and Gums tho)

#33 eboaroli

eboaroli

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 05:28 AM

gods and mvps when things will be avaiable on mpcs :thinking:

you are right that fresh characters wont be near what "proper" renewal characters can do, but you dont need a whole lot just to get by to the point of being able to get a solid footing into the server.

Thats why there has to be a good compromise between how much players will be allowed to keep. Even something like 20m per character(wich lets be real most ppl will have multiple of them) is far more than enough to get decent gear to restart your journey.

(Ppl should still receice many BMs and Gums tho)

Definitely an earlier snapshot than when they had the great idea to put that MVP card NPC, intending to give classic players "fun and possibility to test various builds" before wiping years of hardwork without a remote thought of merging then.

Well, Ozallia already said they can work with snapshots so I guess it's a good thing.

You must know 20m is nothing on renewal as it wasn't on classic these days, I believe 1b per character is more realistic  :heh: but i get your point

#34 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 05:38 AM

It's "nothing" to get the BiS/close to it gear, but you can do with much much much less than that for a lot of the game's content.

#35 isssues

isssues

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 05:43 AM

Even something like 20m per character(wich lets be real most ppl will have multiple of them) is far more than enough to get decent gear to restart your journey.

Come on Ash, that is BS, even a single +0 Autumn Headband is 14m average on Ragial as of this moment.

#36 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 05:51 AM

Is it absoluyely necessary? Not. With 20m for example you can get a wwset and have enough damage for almost any mid ti.

edit: 20m was just an example number, dont hang onto it too hard.

Edited by Ashuckel, 25 May 2019 - 05:52 AM.

#37 ugotit

ugotit

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 07:03 AM

Zeny is irrelevant there's trillions in circulation from 7 servers on chaos and  what 100-200b between classic players, nothing classic can bring to renewal would have any major affect. Transfering the characters alone to restart might keep some people because a 99 is somewhat relevant there but without gear almost no one would continue on renewal.

#38 thgooliveira

thgooliveira

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • Server:Loki

Posted 25 May 2019 - 07:45 AM

I believe that there will be no problem in taking the items and zennys. The ACTIVE players in the Classic are no more than 100 ~ 150. There are a lot of players with mvps / gods items that will make any difference on your server, certainly would not affect anything, in addition, classic players do not want renovation, possibly most would only play the woe TE, like me, I have no interest in interacting with the game mode renewal.

#39 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 May 2019 - 01:58 PM

There's a few cards missing from the NPC, is there any chance you could add the rest? If you're not sure whats missing I can compile a list for you.

#40 Kershant

Kershant

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 07:44 PM

If you can do character transfer, can u at least retain some access dungeon items like lord's permit, etc. because these items can only be obtain on a quest once. access dungeon quest are not repeatable if we lost the item we need to make another character to do it.

#41 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 07:56 PM

not from classic, but if they cannot get their old items which is understandable on your part, can they get compensation? consumables at best for them to start out good, which comprises of BMX3, pots, and a few reset stones (for 3rd job change benefit) as well as maybe an eden gear set

about gods, if it's basically the same item, can they keep gods as well? if you have to remake the item itself you may choose to do this;

• have a survey on the god's people want to transfer, quantity and verification on technicals (similar to verification process)
  • move only characters to the server
  • make a replica of that god item, if possible with the guild name if not then thats fine

what else am i missing, just please no MvP cards and zeny. not that I treat it as pollution, but to be fair we already have problems with the economy. classic people should understand that we're just trying to protect the server, if you choose to move in with us then it's in our best interest for you guys as new players as well

advice to classic people: move in as a group if you are to advance, or continue to TE. it is better to be with comrades than without anybody at the state of things, and as soon as you climb up to the tolerable levels where you see more people, then we'll do everything in our power to help out

edit: i prefer gods for them since they can lend this out, and make zeny out of it. selfish of me but i value woe guilds more than anything and i would treat them with an equal amount of what they worked for, for pvm im unsure how classic should transition but hopefully the consumables work enough

also i know cinnamon would merge my posts but do it anyway, lazy to edit

if you're having a hard time transferring all the characters to renewal why not have them go through a sign up process with character names and all and just pull out those characters specifically instead of rising inactive people from the dead? that way there would be a lot of contingency plans. assuming they are only 100-150 at most, then it wouldnt be hard to generate individual character data even with a free name change (since names would probably overlap)

less clutter, more contingency plans, cleaner process

Edited by VModCinnamon, 26 May 2019 - 05:43 PM.
Mod Edit: Merged posts.

#42 Rod0810

Rod0810

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 12 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 26 May 2019 - 06:53 AM

What about me? As a taekwon ranker  :wah:

Edited by VModCinnamon, 26 May 2019 - 05:43 PM.
Mod Edit: Removed font style, do not use red in line, red/bold for mod notices and warnings.

#43 lxst

lxst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDetroit, Mi, USA
  • Server:Classic/RT

Posted 26 May 2019 - 09:40 PM

so sad to see it go. i do hope we get to keep our characters. it will be sad to lose my art hat and gear. (even though it will be out of date it's sentimental). i had some really great times on this server.

#44 Budeg

Budeg

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 27 May 2019 - 03:50 AM

Hold the phone... Classic is ending? So the hours I pooled into my character solo hunting my eqs are gone in a few days?

#45 delpans

delpans

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 03:34 AM

enjoy it to the latest...

please make the reset npc is always avaible and dont have cooling down time...

it says need 3 month to reset stat..

even not in 2 months server already closed lol...

and please make the drop rate more increased lol..

funny thing is Beel card is easy to find rather than accocories sloted...

pls put back the gold key on the kafra...

we have tons of boxes to open ty....

#46 Rod0810

Rod0810

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 12 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 29 May 2019 - 04:30 PM

enjoy it to the latest...

please make the reset npc is always avaible and dont have cooling down time...

it says need 3 month to reset stat..

even not in 2 months server already closed lol...

and please make the drop rate more increased lol..

funny thing is Beel card is easy to find rather than accocories sloted...

pls put back the gold key on the kafra...

we have tons of boxes to open ty....

Yes, 3 months.
That could be changed. I came across the same problem.  :ani_swt:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users