Questions about Bio4 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Questions about Bio4

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

#1 CaptainSunbear

CaptainSunbear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 07:36 PM

So, not sure if the right place to post but I'm on a mission as it is.

I wanted to ask the people who commonly run Bio4 parties for the following. (I can come up with it but when doing things it's best to open dialogue and ask questions instead of just assuming. Besides people have been here longer than I have on iRO)

What are the classes required for an efficient Bio4 Party? what about minimum classes required for Bio4? (Note, efficiency vs being able to run it)

What is the gear requirement? Please include the cash shop and non-cash shop options be thorough.  (I'm mostly guessing Valk and anti-medium as well as wind armor with marc but hey, I'm asking you I don't wanna assume!)

I hear there's a Giant Fly Winger required. Can it be a specific class or can it be anyone? Is there a preference? (maybe Sorcerer for Magnetic Earth?) 

What is the proper method to use the Giant Fly Wing do you wait for the party to clear? do you look for a nice open spot and walk around? Unless you know, you just use and clear and keep winging? (hey, I never used these before!) 

Are all monsters killed or are certain monsters skipped?

I am aware of Dangerous Rumors giving you a direct teleport to bio4. Is this a requirement for all party members? or is this just optional because everyone walks to Bio4? 

Is there anything I missed?  Please let me know. I am glad to read more details, I'm just asking the basic questions from what I've seen and read around. 

Last but not least, I heard there was a discord, how's the activity on that discord? 

Thank you very much in advance. :p_smile:

#2 Road

Road

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 229 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 04 June 2019 - 07:52 PM

Able to run and to finish within 30 mins : String/Sorc/ 2-3 ABs/ 1-2 RKs /Gene (FCP) DPs

Able to run with no time limit : Any Class combo (just not really worth it)

You can finish a Bio run with 5-6 (AB/String/Sorc/Gene/RK/Wandy) under 30mins with well geared ppl 

Gwings: Yes 1 round you need between 80-150 to finish within 30mins (BM duration). Gwing will is needed to finish in time and  to keep the group togther. Gertie can snatch away party members and its hard to regroup without.

Anyone can use the wings. 

Usually you get everybody gathered at the bio4 entrence spawn and wing once everybody is ready .

Parties rarely walk unless they see larger mobs to chase after.

My advise would be to join a group and let them know you are new. Observe how its done and learn from the good and bad groups. You quickly learn whats right if you pay attention.

Get the pre-quest done for instant bio 4 access. Everybody has it, to finish your count within the BM time. Otherwise you waste time and it is much harder to walk from Bio3->Bio4.

You kill all monsters till you finish your 150 count. Parties are usually not shared EXP. 

Gear basics : Unfrozen Fire or Wind. Medium Valk Shield,Elemental Resistance gear (Kafra Blossom accessories) KVM weapon

There is too much to list regarding Kafra Gear ~~; since it depends what class you play?

Edited by Road, 04 June 2019 - 07:59 PM.

#3 CaptainSunbear

CaptainSunbear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 07:58 PM

oh neato okay here's the next one, it might seem a bit more of fluff but It needs to be asked.

What are the roles for each of the following classes?

Geneticist

Mechanic

Rune Knight

Royal Guard

Archbishop

Sura

Ranger

Wanderer

Maestro

Shadow Chaser

Guillotine Cross

Warlock

Sorcerer

Rebellion? 

Doram?

Kagerou/Oboro?

Mainly asking because well, I'm assuming anyone playing any class would probably want to join and I need to know about their roles because, well... I don't know if everyone gets into a Bio4 party?

Edited by CaptainSunbear, 04 June 2019 - 07:59 PM.

#4 Road

Road

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 08:15 PM

Geneticist: FCP+ Killing (usually Randel Killer)

Rune Knight: DB Killing (Celia/Flamel etc)

Archbishop: Heal/Buff/Res/Silence (sometimes even mobs)

Wanderer : GK (minimum) / Frigg Song/ Song of Mana

Maestro: String (minimum)/Frigg Song/ Song of Mana

Sorcerer: Magnetic Earth/ SP-supply (occasional Strike)

Ranger:AS kill and try not to die

Warlock: Kill (Chens etc with Chain Lighting/Crimson Rock or Tetra Vortex)

Sura:Pull

Royal Guard: Pull/Kill

Shadow Chaser:Pull
Guillotine Cross:Pull/Winger/Killer

Mechanic: Kill/Repair/Pull

Doram: Helps to kill anything or to Buff Party

Kagerou/Oboro? Winger.Have not seen them in action in Bio4

Rebellion? Winger.Have not seen them in action in Bio4

Some Classes are less popular in Bio4 and have a harder time to get recruited.

Some Classes do much better in nCT.

Edited by Road, 04 June 2019 - 08:18 PM.

#5 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3029 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 04 June 2019 - 08:18 PM

Main Classes

Rune Knight - Main Killer

Geneticist - FCP Slave / Side Killer

Archbishop - Buffs and Ress, mainly Resurrection

Wanderer/Maestro - Strings/Kiss for faster DB/wDB spam and SP for RK/AB/Sorc

Sorcerer - ME

Its pretty much this classes consist of the main party, the rest are optional. (Most of the other class ends up to be G-winger, they sponsor it)

Sura - Party Mobber/Tanker but mostly leech

Doram - Support/Side Killer/Randel Killer

Ranger - Randel Killer

Royal Guard - Sacrifice on Sorc/AB , Side Killer

Rebellion - Not sure but round trip is gonna piss off people cause of the knockback, we want them to be mobbed together, not pushed back. same with OB by RG.

Warlock - Side Killer or if you're OP you can clear most stuffs, I know ppl who had WL carried them the entire run instead of RK

Either try to be a side killer if you can fight RK with their DPS or just....... leech

Mechanic 

Kagerou/Oboro?Shadow Chaser

Guillotine Cross - Just go NCT :heh: . Or if you really want to bio4, have a friend.

Most leech spots are reserved for Wandere/Maestro/Sorc alts. Not sure if people are still leveling these characters but I see a lot 175s on these and they just use them to level their other characters.

But then again with OCPs, anything is possible these days.

Edited by yamasakai90, 04 June 2019 - 08:24 PM.

#6 CaptainSunbear

CaptainSunbear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 08:34 PM

Thanks for the replies!

Trying to understand how Bio4 is run in iRO and see if I can organize some parties myself with a friend to help out in the near future. I am aware of how tedious the grind can be for some solo players who may or may not be aware of what they can do in a bio4 party. It is nice as a newbie to get in on the action and learn what is required so they can come in prepared and ready to roll in some decent EXP. Or even if they aren't at the required level to do bio4 they can at least begin preparing as they level up from the early levels. It goes a long way for everyone.

The responses are truly appreciated.  :p_laugh: 

Any further comments, questions, concerns, and strategies are welcomed. :p_idea:

#7 Road

Road

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 08:35 PM

check your inbox~! i hope that helps!

#8 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 05 June 2019 - 01:36 AM

the absolute minimum for party safety is a maestro for strings, sorcerer for ME, and an AB for topping ppl hp and buffs. aside that you really just want ppl that can kill the monsters. Also the faster you kill the monsters, the less danger your party faces. And then as far as killers goes, aoe is preferable obviously, but single target aint terrible if they fit in a role for the party, just make sure that you can cover for all monsters in there.

#9 Klief

Klief

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 204 posts
  • LocationHawaii
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 05 June 2019 - 02:01 AM

Aloha!

Finishing Bio4 Quest is a must!
https://irowiki.org/..._Entrance_Quest
For me, it depends on the available class in your party. Usually, my setup is this:

1. Rune Knight 
2. Maestro
3. Wanderer
4. Geneticist
5. Geneticist
6. Arch Bishop
7. Arch Bishop
8. Sorcerer
9. Winger

The rest can fill DPS like WL, RK, Gene, or ALTS. Other class, can also play two roles; for instance, Rune Knight can also be a WINGER. A solo gene can play two roles, which is Randel Killer and FCP.  A warlock or a sorcerer can be DPS at the same time WINGER. There are also times that an Arch Bishop can solo instead of 2. As you host bio4 daily, you will be able to determine the needs of the party.

As for me, I use excel sheet to keep track of my party.

257zxnb.jpg

I typed in the name, then copy&paste the class. For the RESERVED tab, those are the persons who already reserved playing the class prior to Bio4.  The STATUS tab is whenever the person is offline, left the party, not helping, trash talking or whatever, etc. Lastly, you don't need to fill the 12/12 party. As long as you know, your party's capabilities, you are good to go. I usually host Bio4 with my friends /guildies/discord friends. I try to avoid recruiting a random party as much as possible.

Now if your party is all ready or 12/12, you must make sure that all of them is online not AFK. You will inform them for those who are going to pop BMX, go to the Bounty Boards and those who will not will clear the entrance of Bio4. If the entrance is clear and the those will pop BMX is ready, you can say "pop and go" Then the people in the Bounty Boards will pop their BMX and will go to the Bio4 entrance. Once all inside, pass the leader to the Gwinger.

Discord can also help you recruit/find party not just Bio4
My Server > https://discord.gg/mcFMgd6
iRO Wiki > https://discord.gg/qswvEPQ
BioLabs Leveling & More > https://discord.gg/gWvZ8cG

I hope this helps.

Mahalo!

Klief

Edited by Klief, 05 June 2019 - 02:40 AM.

#10 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 05:22 AM

#11 AJICO

AJICO

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • LocationUmbala Village

Posted 07 June 2019 - 03:14 AM

Also babies can enjoy Bio4.  :p_hi:

Edited by AJICO, 07 June 2019 - 03:15 AM.

#12 PIayboy

PIayboy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 769 posts
  • LocationRiding on a rainbow.

Posted 07 June 2019 - 10:31 AM

As the first player on iRO with bby novice in bio4 / 5 having fun

i don't make videos anymore though. :heh:  :p_hi:

Bio4 pt Novice > all class :p_laugh:

b5gt9w.jpg

Edited by PIayboy, 07 June 2019 - 10:40 AM.

#13 andxres

andxres

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 09 June 2019 - 07:18 AM

Never bio4 as party. Reach level 170 just keep instance everyday.

#14 gaurus

gaurus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 560 posts
  • LocationJuno

Posted 09 June 2019 - 09:21 AM

Lots of waiting. Better to bring friend along in party cuz even if random party suck but then you can still brohuahua together.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users