Will reinstalling the patch client fix the 2011-4-4 repatching issue? - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Will reinstalling the patch client fix the 2011-4-4 repatching issue?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 Larry321

Larry321

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 02:35 AM

OK I recently opened and closed my patch client repeatedly without pressing PLAY NOW. Don't ask me why. Then all of a sudden the patch client started to patch from 2011-4-4. Will simply reinstalling the patch client fix the issue? I'm not good with technical solutions.So I prefer this simple solution if it works. My Internet speed is slow now. That's why I'm asking this question. Otherwise I would have just reinstalled it wihtout asking this question. My Internet speed is slow because I've used up the data and now it's reverted to a slower speed.

#2 Larry321

Larry321

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 02:49 AM

OK I just uninstalled the patch client. I have a lot of unfinished business to attend to on iRO so I need to fix this problem quick. Will now download and install the client again over my slow Internet speed. Will update here. You guys' input is still appreciated and welcomed.

#3 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 12 June 2019 - 04:04 AM

Normally doing a fresh reinstall using the official client release should fix the issue.

#4 ninJedi

ninJedi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1240 posts
  • LocationPH: I don't wanna disconnect, Mr.Smart
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Thor

Posted 12 June 2019 - 04:04 AM

I also close+re-open the client patcher some times too, mainly to make sure it updated itself properly after every maintenance.

As a way to counter corrupt patcher, keeping an offline installer as backup really helps. That way you won't need to repatch a lot. They usually release one every february:
http://www.playragna...ntdownload.aspx

#5 Larry321

Larry321

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 03:10 AM

After over 12 hours of downloading, finally installed the game and it worked.

Yes I will keep an offline installer.

Solved.

#6 orokamono

orokamono

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 04:29 AM

The offline installer method is a hit and miss depending on how frequently they update the client (if memory serves me right, before the current installer, they didn't release one for almost 2 years?) and how many months have passed in-between. You also have to take into account any major updates that were released, which will increase the file size of a patch. The best method is to make a backup of your game folder on a flash drive or on a different local drive post maintenance after you've successfully patched. This way, if the patcher starts to mess up, you can fall back on the backup which will only leave you a few patches behind if they released further patches after maintenance.

The quicker method would be to simply copy the patch.inf file in your game folder to somewhere and then re-copy it back if the patcher starts to download much older patches. This method fixes the issue instantly in most cases but for it to work perfectly, you have to be absolutely sure that you've successfully patched previously with all the released files. Otherwise you can always force a re-patch for the current maintenance patches which won't corrupt the game file like allowing it to re-download much older patches will do. Ask on the forums and someone is bound to link you to the correct patch file to fix the re-patching issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users