Yggdrasil Ascension Observation - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Yggdrasil Ascension Observation

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

#1 Si6ers

Si6ers

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Thor

Posted 28 June 2019 - 04:44 AM

I support Ascension system because of guaranteed rare if spending 10 tix, but they put more rares declining your chances to acquire the most rare item. WPE spenders should be the one taking advantage to acquire the most rare item rather than the players who invest in buying Ascension trashes, boxtered it the next maintenance and they get the most rare. If the process of getting the most rare continues, I suggest you put the most rare item in 1 box  at the cost of 3k/4k KP. We're more happy to spend more KP in the rare specific item rather than gamble on Ascension system that has no guarantee of the most rare item. 
Or maybe put only 1 rare item on Ascension system. Players are all smile spending 3K WPE if this is the case.

Edited by Si6ers, 28 June 2019 - 07:40 AM.

#2 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 June 2019 - 05:11 AM

the system and prize amount is fine, ppl are spoiled for the 1st ygg box having some of the best items with low competition.

#3 Si6ers

Si6ers

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 05:46 AM

I will still try Ascension on case to case basis if luck is on my side. Ascension is supposed to be a good investment, but it's a bad investment on my part. To avoid further loss, I finally bought the rare specific item using zeny and my problem is solved. 

#4 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3541 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 06:05 AM

They gotta give some refund coz ppls already spent some hundred $$$ on some old ocps like red baby dragon, circlet of phoenix and, phoenix muffler. Now, it’s gettin a lot cheaper and more common to everybody. Where’s the rarity now? You spend $30 and you already get 1 or 2. Unlike the old ocp, you spend $100 sometimes you get none.

#5 Si6ers

Si6ers

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 06:24 AM

That's the problem. WP should maintained rare items to be rare all the way. To make it happen 1 rare item must only exists on every Ascension because if you put more rares it will flood the server and the price surely goes down. Then, It's not rare anymore. My guildmates bought +10 Phoenix Muff @2B and +10 RBDH @5B one week before Ascension III. Now both items are flooding the server and cost only 500M each. It's a loss loss situation on their part and mine too.

Edited by Si6ers, 28 June 2019 - 07:47 AM.

#6 ZanRen

ZanRen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 840 posts
  • LocationTustin, CA

Posted 28 June 2019 - 10:59 AM

i think its good though. slowly reintroducing past ocp rares with the new ones through the new system.

like before fafnir was released, rbdh was ~700m, fair for a rare for 1 job/build. after fafnir, everyone was like trying to sell it for 3b and above. i know it's rare and it became more powerful than before because of fafnir, but a more than 3x increase in price was just bad. now its stabilized like before, maybe it dropped a bit in price but still closer to the earlier price which was ~500m now. using thor pricing.

now i'm just laughing at those hoarders or opportunists that didnt want to sell their rbdh for 1b-2b before and wanted to overprice the gear so much.

though i have a problem with the reintroduction. (they could reintroduce older ocp rares first rather than the newer ones to have better circulation)

#7 VileCharmander

VileCharmander

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 174 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 28 June 2019 - 11:23 AM

People seem to complain constantly about the rate of inflation on the server making it impossible to buy anything. Now there are complaints that reintroducing items that a lot of players want is bringing down the price of those same gears that had complaints saying they were too expensive for the average player.

In theory you bought the gear for billions of zeny long ago because you needed it. If you have been using it and it has made you happy since you bought it, what does it matter if someone else can get one now for only half-a-million zeny? I made a trade to get a Phoenix Muffler after it originally came out for three billion. Now I could get one for a lot less. So what? I have used it since I got it for a bunch of stuff, which is why I thought it was worth three billion in the first place.

If market price was an issue, you would have held off on buying it in the past and waited to see if it got re-released and the price came down. But you didn't, because it was worth it to you to spend the zeny the first time around. Would you go back to a car dealership and complain because the car you bought six months ago suddenly went on sale and you didn't get the same discount that people buying it today are getting?

#8 Si6ers

Si6ers

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 12:59 PM

Real life is different from RO. In real life, there's no excuse if price goes up or down, a lot of factors are to consider, and in fact if you're looking for specific details of the problem, just search the internet. Here in RO you can get some info of what is coming in the next Ascension, but not the full list of the items and you're still blinded.

I'm more interested in rare specific item if I need one. If ever I want a tempo ring and there's solo box for it, I'm more than willing to buy it than taking a risk from RNG thing. 

Complaints are good for business because it improves the quality of service and prevent the same mistake from happening again.

And for customers that don't complain, they just stop doing business with you.

#9 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 04:55 PM

simple answer: synchronize a massive boycott for boxes server-wide. see how much negotiation power we gain as a community then :heh:

#10 xtremegene

xtremegene

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 June 2019 - 06:37 PM

The problem is your (original poster) argument is sorta of contradicting yourself (though to be honest i am slightly confused at some of the wording). From what I understand each level (Rare , Semi-Rare, Common) are equally weighted chance of getting item within each category? (Such as among 4 rares from Yggdrasil 3, if you hit step 10 and were waiting for guaranteed rare, you should have a 1 out of 4 chance getting a particular rare).

First you say new ygg item system is putting too many rares in circulation, making it too cheap for them in general, but then you say for any one specific item it is too expensive (to buy from other players).    The old OCP system was even more random and theoretically the rarest items there were even more expensive.

Then you say you have problems still getting the rare you want from Yggdrasil system and just bought it from another player (which you would have likely had to do anyways when OCPs were out).

Really it sounds like you are just unhappy with the random aspect of the loot boxes: having items fall in price due to them being rereleased is sorta the thing that happened before with old OCP/OCP remixes(!!!)

If you were really wanting to buy 'only the rare item' for higher KP price, then warpportal might as well just sell all the ocp/ygg items through kp shop only, because once there were only the guaranteed things that were on sale directly, there would be almost no point/extremely low demand for OCP/Ygg system.  As you say, if you're unhappy with gambling (or buying from other players) no one is forcing you to do it.

I almost swore when I started playing again last year I would not pay money for OCP (and now Ygg items) because this was just a game, but gambling (virtually) is sorta addictive...and saves lots of time in specific tasks!

Edited by xtremegene, 28 June 2019 - 06:39 PM.

#11 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 29 June 2019 - 12:26 AM

Does it get carried over to new ygg ascension if for example i buy 5 now and they release a new pack next month which by that time id be buying another 5 from vip

#12 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 29 June 2019 - 12:48 AM

nah it's one "stairway" per box version

#13 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3541 posts

Posted 29 June 2019 - 01:42 AM

You got any proof? I’m on 5th stair last ygg ascension ii and when I bought a month vip, I’m still at 5th but it’s at ygg iii.

#14 Si6ers

Si6ers

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 29 June 2019 - 01:47 AM

The problem is your (original poster) argument is sorta of contradicting yourself (though to be honest i am slightly confused at some of the wording). From what I understand each level (Rare , Semi-Rare, Common) are equally weighted chance of getting item within each category? (Such as among 4 rares from Yggdrasil 3, if you hit step 10 and were waiting for guaranteed rare, you should have a 1 out of 4 chance getting a particular rare).

First you say new ygg item system is putting too many rares in circulation, making it too cheap for them in general, but then you say for any one specific item it is too expensive (to buy from other players).    The old OCP system was even more random and theoretically the rarest items there were even more expensive.

Then you say you have problems still getting the rare you want from Yggdrasil system and just bought it from another player (which you would have likely had to do anyways when OCPs were out).

Really it sounds like you are just unhappy with the random aspect of the loot boxes: having items fall in price due to them being rereleased is sorta the thing that happened before with old OCP/OCP remixes(!!!)

If you were really wanting to buy 'only the rare item' for higher KP price, then warpportal might as well just sell all the ocp/ygg items through kp shop only, because once there were only the guaranteed things that were on sale directly, there would be almost no point/extremely low demand for OCP/Ygg system.  As you say, if you're unhappy with gambling (or buying from other players) no one is forcing you to do it.

I almost swore when I started playing again last year I would not pay money for OCP (and now Ygg items) because this was just a game, but gambling (virtually) is sorta addictive...and saves lots of time in specific tasks!

Ascension is working as intended and It's good.
Rare, semi rare, common and uncommon
10 tix and you're guaranteed of 1 random rare.

1st Point 
I said more rares reduced the chance of getting specific rare. 
- 4 rares you'll get 1 out 4 random 
- 3 rares you'll get 1 out 3 random (good)
- 2 rares you'll get 1 out 2 random (better)
- 1 rare you'll get the specific rare 100% (best) 

One Rare item, players are all smile spending 3K WPE if this is the case.

2nd Point
I have no luck in getting the specific rare so I bought the specific rare to avoid further
loss because I'm thinking there's no guarantee If I use another set of 10 tix. 

Two stories

Their story
The story of my guildmates who bought expensive items one week before Ascension III. 
If they only knew that RBHD and Phoenix Muff will be included they should have refrain from buying.     

My story
Unlucky with the rare specific.
I got one rare, but the price is approximately 500M. If only the price of all rares on the
Ascension are the same, then I can probably trade mine with the rare I want.

* End of the story, we all just shook our heads.

Last Point
The rare item thing in a solo box is just an idea. WP has the final say.
Exactly, no one is forcing me to buy 10 tix and gamble. I said in my previous post above
I'll do it again if luck is on my side. 

Edited by Si6ers, 29 June 2019 - 01:51 AM.

#15 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 29 June 2019 - 10:49 AM

Are there many rare items in iRO? All OCPs are very affordable and cheap.

What’s it WP. Which one has generated you more incomes, old OCP or this new Ygg. abomination lol

Edited by nyyaan, 29 June 2019 - 10:52 AM.

#16 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 29 June 2019 - 11:36 AM

All OCPs are very affordable and cheap.

definitely would have to disagree lad. your definition of cheap only comes from already being end-game/being an adult who can afford to throw $ at boxes/having characters that can wipe instances with ease. not everyone can do this despite the fact that it sure seems like its easy enough.

the thing is.. end-game players, or even players with decent paying jobs, do not usually get to see the amount of influx of newer people (or get to know what age they are) coming in unless they happen to run a guild or go out of their way to help those newer people - which some high tier players do from time to time - mostly because their time is occupied by instances/woe/whatever. there are still people who are very young though that i meet who i can tell are completely new. months after meeting them, helping to gear them a bit, giving them places to level and ideas to make Z... certain people are still on that low-grade novice level of making zeny. whether it be age or experience or having a job, it's still a factor.

as for boxed items themselves, Fallen Angel Wing's price transcends all others despite the fact that it came before even OCP's time. considering that the vend limit cap used to be 99m and you could literally snipe FAW for that price when they were in Lucky/Groove? boxes, it's really saying something about that item knowing that the cheapest price for a clean +0 is basically 1.5b.

#17 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 29 June 2019 - 12:28 PM

definitely would have to disagree lad. your definition of cheap only comes from already being end-game/being an adult who can afford to throw $ at boxes/having characters that can wipe instances with ease. not everyone can do this despite the fact that it sure seems like its easy enough.

the thing is.. end-game players, or even players with decent paying jobs, do not usually get to see the amount of influx of newer people (or get to know what age they are) coming in unless they happen to run a guild or go out of their way to help those newer people - which some high tier players do from time to time - mostly because their time is occupied by instances/woe/whatever. there are still people who are very young though that i meet who i can tell are completely new. months after meeting them, helping to gear them a bit, giving them places to level and ideas to make Z... certain people are still on that low-grade novice level of making zeny. whether it be age or experience or having a job, it's still a factor.

as for boxed items themselves, Fallen Angel Wing's price transcends all others despite the fact that it came before even OCP's time. considering that the vend limit cap used to be 99m and you could literally snipe FAW for that price when they were in Lucky/Groove? boxes, it's really saying something about that item knowing that the cheapest price for a clean +0 is basically 1.5b.

Personally I never actually farmed to make zeny. Since the first year I joined iRO, I already started selling WPEs for fast gears up. To put it simple, while I cheated the game by being P2W, there were also hardcore players who were F2P and somehow they were able to farm and made lots of zeny themselves.

Either way, cheap or expensive is subjective. I think it is cheap so if I were to get any OCPs at this point, I’d rather use zeny to buy it. 500m? That’s dirt cheap. There are also people who may think current OCPs are still expensive and they can buy ones from the game itself. Things will adjust and balance out. People always have choices.

#18 Hikari

Hikari

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 29 June 2019 - 03:32 PM

The way rares are done seems fine to me, I could personally care less if some of my gear devalues, I bought an Anemos for 1b right before Ygg2 came out (despite requesting it in the thread and they listened, but I had been too impatient to wait), but my problem wasn't with the fact that the gear devalued immediately (or my RBDH, Phoenix Crown, and Spirit King Ring pair), but instead that it shouldn't have been Rare in the first place (Fotia, Gaia, and Nero were all Semi-Rares, and yet Anemos was rare for the third time now.)

There's so many items are that are expensive usually due to not being in more than one box, or maybe once in a remix too, that desperately need re-issuing like Excelion Shield, Gaia Shield, Valkyrie Hammer, pretty much all the mid-lower combo items, Eyes of Illusion, Devil's Hand, Phreeoni's Wings, Ring of Jupiter, Arquien's Necklace, and Pororoca Shoes, and plenty of smaller items that haven't been re-released like Verus Core and Siegfried's Helmet for example.

My real major issue with Ygg2 and 3 is that there was so very little effort spent into picking good Semi-Rares and Uncommons. If we don't get many new items from the studio, fine, but who the heck wants to spend $15 to be guaranteed an item that is worth less than a stack of Manuals or BSBs, or getting a Critical Anklet instead of, well, ANYTHING else?

#19 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 30 June 2019 - 10:04 AM

Awww sucks

#20 Ralen

Ralen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 30 June 2019 - 02:56 PM

That hasn't been my experience. I was wishing that was the case as I want to increase my BB supply so I bought YA I tickets on most of my characters and when I tried to use YA II & III tickets it starts on step 2.

#21 Si6ers

Si6ers

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 30 June 2019 - 09:00 PM

You got any proof? I’m on 5th stair last ygg ascension ii and when I bought a month vip, I’m still at 5th but it’s at ygg iii.

If this is your case, you're bypassing the steps 1-4 and always start at 5th with other Ascension. And what step 5 has to offer?

* Step 5 Guaranteed Random Gear with Semi Rare or Rare rarity from this Month's OCP List - This is a good idea

How about changing char, will you still start at 5th ladder?

Edited by Si6ers, 30 June 2019 - 09:55 PM.

#22 credible0

credible0

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 08:00 AM

Hello! That's an spine -chiling stuff, excellent enough to make someday aspired. The citizens today has become a superlative one than one in the earlier days. So, this kind of post, articles, blogs and newsletters ignites not only the youth’s mind but the whole nation to do something extravagant in the societies development.

#23 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 12:13 PM

People are complaining about Yggdrasil Ascension boxes, have you guys seen the costume box this month? Like 4 of the costumes are farmable ingame costumes lmfao. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users