Classic July 10th Server Closure - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Classic July 10th Server Closure

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18 replies to this topic

#1 Ozallia

Ozallia

Amateur Blogger

• RO1 Production
  • 458 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 July 2019 - 08:20 AM

hUjZ6Ew.png

IRO1 Classic Weekly Maintenance

July 10th, 8:00PM PST

Server Closure

Character Transfers

• As the Classic server comes to an end we're looking into transferring character data to the standard Renewal servers. Due to differences in architecture and data types, we CANNOT guarantee this will happen, but we're hoping to do it. However, if this happens then ONLY character levels will transfer, NOT GENERAL ITEMS. And the data to be transferred will be from Monday's (5/20/19) snapshot of the character server. We will be testing this process on Sakray once Renewals Illusion of Frozen update goes live. So, to summarize:
    • We're working on character transfers, but we can't guarantee it. Characters transferred will be from Monday's snapshot (5/20/19).
    • If we get transfers to work then, at this point, no general items will transfer with the characters.
    • ​Once Sakray is clear we'll have our test bed on it.
    • There is no time frame for when (If it ends up being possible) that we'll perform the transfers.

Limited Item Transfers

• We will be looking into limited item transfers. A request must be made to the GM team BEFORE July 11th, 2019. 
  • Only sentimental or reward based items will be considered (Event and contest rewards, marriage rings, etc).
  • Each request will be individually evaluated for consideration, with a limited number of items per user, on a discretionary basis.
  • After the server closes any approved requests will be performed, although there is no ETA for when the requests will be completed.
  • Items may be substituted for similar items (Due to no exact item present, limited economy, or other discretionary reasons).
  • The requests made is for considerations only and no guarantees will be made.
  • When making such a request please provide the following information:
    • Ticket Title: Classic Item Transfer Consideration
    • WP E-mail Address:
    • RO1 Account Name (Origin and Target Account must be the same):
    • Classic Character Name: 
    • Renewal Character Name:
    • Item(s):

#2 funny4life

funny4life

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 03:35 AM

Server will be missed. I have not played much in last 6 weeks as 10x exp rate was an insult, but sometimes the mods are just clueless. Anyways, it's been a pleasure.

#3 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 11 July 2019 - 03:41 AM

Unfortunately as the renewal maintenance is coming to a close we must turn off the lights on the classic server. At 6:30am the classic server will be coming down.

#4 Azarath

Azarath

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Server:Classic [Loki]

Posted 11 July 2019 - 02:50 PM

Classic Server Closure

July 11th, 2019, Classic (Loki) was closed as a live play server. Unfortunately, character transfers WILL NOT BE MADE due to the complexity and difference of architecture and data types between the Classic and Renewal servers.

However, limited item transfers will still be considered for review.

Any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us via the support ticket system. Thank you.

Article ID: 1158Created: Today at 11:18 AMModified: Today at 11:27 AM

So it's official?

Edited by Azarath, 11 July 2019 - 02:52 PM.

#5 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 03:16 PM

So it's official?

Sorry I was asleep. Checking in from home and giving responses. Unfortunately we couldn't move the characters. Whats going to happen is we will run a quick level event next week for users on Chaos/Thor to let classic users catch up.

Starting tomorrow Krexus , Ozz, and I will be going through and approving as many of the personal items as we can. Keep in mind that were doing this the manual way so were not going to approve someone's stash of 300 Spear[4] as each would have to be manually checked, recreated, and inserted. Anything that I can easily insert into the Code the Redeemer I will do so. Such as item mall scrolls and potions. We will be basing this off the 5/20 back up we made when the closure announcement went out. 

#6 thgooliveira

thgooliveira

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • Server:Loki

Posted 11 July 2019 - 04:54 PM

Qualquer coisa que eu possa inserir facilmente no Código, o Redentor, eu o farei. Tais como pergaminhos de itens e poções. Nós estaremos baseando isso no backup de 5/20 que fizemos quando o anúncio de fechamento foi divulgado. 

Hello,

Sorry, I did not understand that part correctly. Are you considering the list that was sent via ticket or will you try to transfer the maximum inventory of the day 5/20?

I had understood that consumable, stackable items would not be considered.

#7 RonSilver

RonSilver

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 644 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 03:46 PM

woot? nuuu. it took so long to get to trans 99!

#8 Romeu

Romeu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • LocationEverywhere
  • Server:Clasic

Posted 13 July 2019 - 09:29 AM

Unfortunately we couldn't move the characters. 

My 500 lvl 10 mercenary scrolls and my 15,000 kafra pass, for bm3, are starting to look really good now. I didn`t mention them on my ticket unfortunately.

RiP

Edited by Romeu, 13 July 2019 - 09:29 AM.

#9 funny4life

funny4life

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 July 2019 - 06:00 PM

I wonder how many classic players actually migrated to renewal and how many IRO simply lost. 

#10 Azarath

Azarath

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Server:Classic [Loki]

Posted 18 July 2019 - 09:24 AM

Well... Honestly I will not.

I start to play on iRO Classic when I was tired of the servers closing each month. I say to myself: "Just go to the official, your progress will be safe", also I refuse a lot of invitations from friends and I recommended they to play on the official, I give my trust to the Staff... And look now, anyway.

I work as Game Developer, these issues happens a lot, but as Producer these are the kind of issues that you have to know BEFORE the project start, also you have 5 years to work on a solution (as low prio and later asap). Based on the recent events, this not guarantee that something similar will not happen again.

Not only will I no longer play in iRO, but I will prevent my friends from doing it.

Just to finish the drama, this is my last post.

#11 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 18 July 2019 - 10:01 AM

Classic hung on for 7 years, so it wasn't that bad of a failure.

#12 ugotit

ugotit

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 19 July 2019 - 08:30 AM

Have any of these transfers been approved no one I know has had anything transfered.

#13 KirbyMartin

KirbyMartin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Renewal Thor

Posted 19 July 2019 - 09:32 AM

there's no quick level event too as per Campitor. 

#14 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 19 July 2019 - 10:00 AM

there's no quick level event too as per Campitor. 

Hello,

Yesterday we started the 

•  
    • Hop, Skip, and Jump Level Event begins for all users. EXP Bonus is reduced by 2% per level as you level up.
      • EXP +218% at level 1
      • EXP +120% at level 50
      • EXP +0% at level 110

This allows users to level up. In addition bounty boards were added for most level ranges in renewal Geffen.

#15 RonSilver

RonSilver

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 644 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 02:07 PM

any news on item transfer?

#16 Abo0od

Abo0od

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts
  • Server:Loki

Posted 17 August 2019 - 02:27 AM

they moved my gears but they didnt move all of it

#17 ugotit

ugotit

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 18 August 2019 - 10:38 AM

they moved my gears but they didnt move all of it

Same no gods/mvp cards only mini boss which is unfortunate because there's very little useful items as a third class.

#18 RonSilver

RonSilver

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 644 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 06:03 AM

D8!

nothing here yet

#19 Spre123

Spre123

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 02 September 2019 - 06:18 PM

Classic was MUCH better then renewal, but that is not my beef, an email would've been nice, I hop on once in a while, KP and WP should have been refunded for use on the renewal servers.

That's cool though, take our money then close the server without any transfers(which I don't believe the programming excuse at all, I could've done it with my eyes closed)

my main beef is it looks like all my Kafra points were taken along with the closure, as I had just under 10,000(which i could prove with my transaction history) and poof they are all gone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users