Banned/Permanently Suspended when I haven't touched the game in over a year? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Banned/Permanently Suspended when I haven't touched the game in over a year?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Sefeiren

Sefeiren

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 11:41 AM

Hello,

I was hoping to get some contact information to resolve what I feel is an erroneous ban. Is there a phone number for customer service so I can talk to someone in real time to resolve this issue? I've already tried talking to a GM, but the reasoning for the ban seems to keep changing every time I get a response, the reasoning often being vague and not understandable, and always ending in "you're banned. Have a nice day."

I do not know the reasoning for this ban. I have had the accounts for years, one since 2002, and have been in good standing with the company. I've played on and off, since then.
I took a break from the game a year or two ago and when I last left I wasn't banned.

When I came back, hoping to level some cats with my husband, I found both of my accounts banned. I originally thought this was an error over my guessing my password wrong and was unable to reset it through the site, so contacted a GM.

At first I was told I engaged in ill-mannered activity. I found that strange; I only play with my husband. I don't interact with other users short of setting up a shop to sell items. I asked for clarification.

I was then told I was guilty of "Illegal Source" and that it's stated in the Terms of Service. I looked. I found no term called "Illegal Source". I didn't know what this meant. I asked for clarification.

I was then told I had created illegal items. I found this very strange since I've never done something like that; I don't know how to create items illegally, I never have, and considering I was (I believe) banned when I wasn't even playing the game I don't see how I could have.

I asked for clarification for when this happened and suddenly the reasoning changed again. Now I was guilty by association; it wasn't me who was engaging in ill-mannered activity now, but someone I had associated with (according to the GM) and that my log history was proof. I found this strange since the only person I play with is my husband. We just like to spend some time farming items and leveling our cats. Since my husband's account is fine and he's the only one I associate with in the game, I don't see how this is possible. I'm also confused how the log history apparently proves that I'm guilty of associating with someone ill-mannered. While I do have two accounts, if both are "associated" with someone else, I just don't know who that could possibly be.

I still don't know what I've been banned for, and apparently asking will "compromise their investigation process". I'm not asking for personal information, I just want to know what I've been banned for. They can't seem to even provide what I'm guilty of, which makes me wonder if there was any investigation at all. To reiterate; I haven't even logged in for well over a year. My account was fine when I last left it, and come back to find it banned.

I only wanted to spend some time leveling cats with my husband; would someone here be able to better assist me or provide me with a phone number where I can get a coherent answer for what I've supposedly done? At the very least I'd like to know why a 17 year old account was banned since the GM won't give me an understandable response.

Thank you,
Sef

#2 MikeWolf

MikeWolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 12:13 PM

Hopefully one of the staff members on here will hear you out and PM you privately. 

Hello,

I was hoping to get some contact information to resolve what I feel is an erroneous ban. Is there a phone number for customer service so I can talk to someone in real time to resolve this issue? I've already tried talking to a GM, but the reasoning for the ban seems to keep changing every time I get a response, the reasoning often being vague and not understandable, and always ending in "you're banned. Have a nice day."

I do not know the reasoning for this ban. I have had the accounts for years, one since 2002, and have been in good standing with the company. I've played on and off, since then.
I took a break from the game a year or two ago and when I last left I wasn't banned.

When I came back, hoping to level some cats with my husband, I found both of my accounts banned. I originally thought this was an error over my guessing my password wrong and was unable to reset it through the site, so contacted a GM.

At first I was told I engaged in ill-mannered activity. I found that strange; I only play with my husband. I don't interact with other users short of setting up a shop to sell items. I asked for clarification.

I was then told I was guilty of "Illegal Source" and that it's stated in the Terms of Service. I looked. I found no term called "Illegal Source". I didn't know what this meant. I asked for clarification.

I was then told I had created illegal items. I found this very strange since I've never done something like that; I don't know how to create items illegally, I never have, and considering I was (I believe) banned when I wasn't even playing the game I don't see how I could have.

I asked for clarification for when this happened and suddenly the reasoning changed again. Now I was guilty by association; it wasn't me who was engaging in ill-mannered activity now, but someone I had associated with (according to the GM) and that my log history was proof. I found this strange since the only person I play with is my husband. We just like to spend some time farming items and leveling our cats. Since my husband's account is fine and he's the only one I associate with in the game, I don't see how this is possible. I'm also confused how the log history apparently proves that I'm guilty of associating with someone ill-mannered. While I do have two accounts, if both are "associated" with someone else, I just don't know who that could possibly be.

I still don't know what I've been banned for, and apparently asking will "compromise their investigation process". I'm not asking for personal information, I just want to know what I've been banned for. They can't seem to even provide what I'm guilty of, which makes me wonder if there was any investigation at all. To reiterate; I haven't even logged in for well over a year. My account was fine when I last left it, and come back to find it banned.

I only wanted to spend some time leveling cats with my husband; would someone here be able to better assist me or provide me with a phone number where I can get a coherent answer for what I've supposedly done? At the very least I'd like to know why a 17 year old account was banned since the GM won't give me an understandable response.

Thank you,
Sef

#3 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 18 July 2019 - 12:16 PM

Greetings,

Sorry to hear that.

If you have already contacted the GM staff with a ticket, please PM me the ticket number and a summery of the issue.

For security matters, ticket handling as well as accounts status cannot be discussed openly on the forums.

Thank you.

Topic is closed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users