A WoE server for Thor and Chaos - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

A WoE server for Thor and Chaos

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
44 replies to this topic

#26 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 July 2019 - 02:14 AM

there's not the manpower for this on WP.

#27 Si6ers

Si6ers

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 22 July 2019 - 02:43 AM

if they really care they'd merge it, end of story

we dont need a new server that they have to set up and update every now and then with the same file assets

The story is just getting started and never STOP

When the story ends, others will tell their story, then comes another one, then another one.

It's unending process because of WoE enthusiasts LIKE US,

Finality comes from WP   :gawi: 

Edited by Si6ers, 22 July 2019 - 03:56 AM.

#28 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 July 2019 - 02:30 PM

#Justice

#29 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 03:34 PM

Merge it, I'm tired of winning wonned-nering against the dark alliance. 

Edited by Diskence, 22 July 2019 - 03:36 PM.

#30 Schokoramell

Schokoramell

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 04:24 PM

Thor and chaos has different time. Don't expect to merge or something.

it's not merge, but whole new server which thor and chaos players could join only for WoE. They could import/copied their gears and supplies just like Sakray, it's different from merge lol

australia,new zealand,malaysia,singapore,indonesia,thailand, people from those countries have been playing here since valk,ymir,ygg era maybe even earlier than that. so time zone difference shouldn't be a problem. Imo they should let players make their own choice to transfer their character to chaos, just exclude some items and limit zeny transfer.

#31 Rockerox

Rockerox

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 4159 posts
  • LocationLeader Hermandad De Sagitarium
  • Server:Chaos ( Renewall )

Posted 22 July 2019 - 04:24 PM

Citing Choobs

As you know, Justice just sent Dark alliance/guild to a private server once and for all and now we probably have less than 50 players. While peace has been restored, we cant let WoE be too peaceful like the way it is. Despite with a recent merge from Re:start, I dont think players are willing to jump in WoE, so

My question is, will there be a WoE server that allows Thor and Chaos to WoE and exchange friendly experiences (unless Thor also has its own dark alliance/guild of its own!)? :D

I as guild leader with more than 10 years in the woe business. I can clearly tell you that this is wrong and that if there were a way to improve this, it would be only. decreasing the castles of the woe. that is to say . that there are only 2 castles in total and that way. I think it might improve somehow. Of course it is a simple hypothesis. It also comes to mind. that all gears are locked and that only basic gear can be used for everyone. I have given that idea several times. I will leave this written in English and Spanish in case it is poorly translated

yo como lider de guild con mas de 10 años en el asunto de woe . te puedo decir claramente que esto esta mal y que si ubiera una manera de mejorar esto ,seria unicamente . disminuyendo los castillos de la woe . es decir . que solo existan 2 castillos en total y de esa manera .  pienso que tal vez mejore de alguna manera . claro es una simple hipotesis . tambien se me viene a la mente . que los gear todos sean bloqueados y que unicamente se puedan usar gear basic para todos . esa idea la he dado varios veces . dejare esto escrito en ingles y en español por si esta mal traducido

#32 markoh1988

markoh1988

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1645 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 22 July 2019 - 06:36 PM

speak by the leader of 1 member 10 alts ghosts... 

#33 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 08:01 PM

Well he actually has a valid point, though 2 castles is a little bit too low. One realm should be open at a time, not 4 realms in WoE 1 and only Valk 3 has people in it. But then again it doesn't matter at this point, WoE is dead. 

#34 Schokoramell

Schokoramell

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 08:18 PM

I as guild leader with more than 10 years in the woe business. I can clearly tell you that this is wrong and that if there were a way to improve this, it would be only. decreasing the castles of the woe. that is to say . that there are only 2 castles in total and that way. I think it might improve somehow. Of course it is a simple hypothesis. It also comes to mind. that all gears are locked and that only basic gear can be used for everyone. I have given that idea several times. I will leave this written in English and Spanish in case it is poorly translated

yo como lider de guild con mas de 10 años en el asunto de woe . te puedo decir claramente que esto esta mal y que si ubiera una manera de mejorar esto ,seria unicamente . disminuyendo los castillos de la woe . es decir . que solo existan 2 castillos en total y de esa manera .  pienso que tal vez mejore de alguna manera . claro es una simple hipotesis . tambien se me viene a la mente . que los gear todos sean bloqueados y que unicamente se puedan usar gear basic para todos . esa idea la he dado varios veces . dejare esto escrito en ingles y en español por si esta mal traducido

i read that in kRO they only open 1 castle area of each WoE version (1,2,TE) every week (week 1 valk/nidhog/kafragarten, week 2 luina/valfreyja/gloria, and so on). I agree with you, having less castles in one woe period may make it more fun since there'll be more chances for battles to happen.

Custom guild war that rewards you for both participating and winning may make more people interested in WoE. For example in idRO classic, every week they held a custom guild war (called castle war) for 20 guilds that are divided into 4 teams. It's a continuation of WoE 1. Each team represents 1 castle area (valk/gw/luina/brito), and consists of the 5 guilds that currently own at least one castle in that area. Each guild may appoint 20 members for each castle they own (so if you have 2 castles, you may appoint 40 members). It's a 5v5v5v5 guild war. Each team has their own emperium to protect. The objective is to be the last team standing.

When you die, you'll be automatically teleported to your emperium but still in dead state so need to be resurrected. If you're disconnected, you'll return to your save point, but you can enter the guild war map again. When your emperium is destroyed, you'll be kicked out of the map and unable to enter again.

An hour before the war starts, there's registration period. You register by talking to the town castle flag that your guild owns. Your characacter will be given a badge that allows you to enter the guild war map, only 20 badge is given for each guild. The event lasts for one hour. After the event ends, an npc will spawn in prontera, he will trade your badge with an exclusive reward. The winner gets additional rewards. The rewards are components to create zodiac gears (a custom idRO exclusive woe & pvp equipment).

Somehow idRO made it work without bug (afaik). They even make it so even if you're not allied with the other guilds in your team, there's no friendly fire. And even if you're allied with a guild in enemy team, you can damage them with your attacks. The only problems i encountered was match fixing since it's possible for a guild to own castles in multiple areas, and of course lag (400 people in one map). To fix that i would suggest copying kRO woe schedule, one area per week, and then make the custom guild war between castles of the same area (valk vs other valk castles, brito vs brito, and so on), so each team consists of only 1 guild. Then every month we can hold a final war between winners of each of the 4 areas.

i hope my english isn't too confusing.

Edited by Schokoramell, 22 July 2019 - 08:44 PM.

#35 freddym

freddym

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • LocationCabo Rojo, Puerto Rico.

Posted 22 July 2019 - 09:02 PM

I disagree I for one think that since the merge iRO should lay low and not split or merge anything for a very long time also with the population being what it is on Chaos those three guild are probably well suited for the server. 

#36 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 09:34 PM

australia,new zealand,malaysia,singapore,indonesia,thailand, people from those countries have been playing here since valk,ymir,ygg era maybe even earlier than that. so time zone difference shouldn't be a problem. Imo they should let players make their own choice to transfer their character to chaos, just exclude some items and limit zeny transfer.

When I went back to Thailand for vacation, I woke up at 4:50 am to WoE at 5 am or 5:50 am to WoE at 6 am. That was not an issue. Also WoE 1 sucks anyway with all portals and -_-. WoE 2 is much better and it's on weekend.

#37 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Server:TRO

Posted 23 July 2019 - 06:05 AM

i read that in kRO they only open 1 castle area of each WoE version (1,2,TE) every week (week 1 valk/nidhog/kafragarten, week 2 luina/valfreyja/gloria, and so on). I agree with you, having less castles in one woe period may make it more fun since there'll be more chances for battles to happen.

FYI those KRO rotating schedule hasn't been implement in servers yet. (many players disagreed)

5E0ZyLD.png

#38 angelopaol1011

angelopaol1011

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 684 posts

Posted 30 July 2019 - 04:08 PM

Why not make that trial (Thor and Chaos Woe Server) woe schedule over the weekend, almost everyone in the world might be available by then. Regarding the time, must be meeting halfway for both time zones (Saturday night for PST, Sunday early morning for GMT+8). Sacrifices are necessary if you are seeking thrills in the game.

#39 Icarus05

Icarus05

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1051 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:thor during woe

Posted 31 July 2019 - 12:59 AM

This is for WoE enthusiasts. If some don't like the idea, they can stay in their respective server and fight monster.

Our guild members agree to participate with this kind of setup.

More to follow when it becomes a REALITY

THOR cares  :lv: 

CHAOS cares  :lv: 

How about WP? 

me, looking at WP with blazing eyes "hey wp..are you gonna let yourself being kick in the ass by some lousy private server with horrible refining methods? Like dude, you are around 10+ years in this business and a 3 year old private server just gonna kick you with their amazing updates and well handled woe setting which to be honest thor and chaos players are better woe players than those guys. think about it. those great woe players from both thor and chaos will move to that server because of you not listening to them and actually start discussing it" 

FYI those KRO rotating schedule hasn't been implement in servers yet. (many players disagreed)

5E0ZyLD.png

to be honest, i can see the problem why that schedule sucks. combining woe 1 and woe 2 is no big problem. TE agit is a big problem. you cannot expect players to control two characters at the same time. (like..idk what gravity is drinking to do that kind of woe scheduling..its very stupid..)

#40 Icarus05

Icarus05

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1051 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:thor during woe

Posted 31 July 2019 - 01:01 AM

Why not make that trial (Thor and Chaos Woe Server) woe schedule over the weekend, almost everyone in the world might be available by then. Regarding the time, must be meeting halfway for both time zones (Saturday night for PST, Sunday early morning for GMT+8). Sacrifices are necessary if you are seeking thrills in the game.

agree, nothing will be lost on this idea. like if it work, then great, we have some thing that will actually attract the player other than using the loot box method and if it not work..then nice try. 

its a risk that is worth taking for honestly. 

#41 Schokoramell

Schokoramell

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 31 July 2019 - 05:59 AM

to be honest, i can see the problem why that schedule sucks. combining woe 1 and woe 2 is no big problem. TE agit is a big problem. you cannot expect players to control two characters at the same time. (like..idk what gravity is drinking to do that kind of woe scheduling..its very stupid..)

yeah i even think woe 1 and 2 should be separate. and 1h/1d/week is seriously too short and too few. I think it should be 2h/2d/week but make it so only one area per hour.

something like this.

saturday

8-9 pm = woe 1

9-10 pm = woe 2

sunday

8-9 pm = woe 1

9-10 pm = woe TE

Every 2 weeks we get a complete rotation of WoE 1,2,and TE.

I think the only way to attract more people to woe is by having a follow-up event like in idRO that gives instant non-rng rewards to every participant for both participating and winning. 99% of the time, the only thing woe gave us is extra storage space. Only if we're super lucky, we may get something abstract like a sense of victory or friendship. But most people don't care about that anymore. We want something concrete like cute costume or high atk weapon. It takes too many people and resources to get an abysmal chance of getting one gear that unless you're the guild leader or in the inner circle, you won't even get the chance to hold it. WoE just isn't worth it for many people.

#42 junioran

junioran

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 371 posts

Posted 31 July 2019 - 06:48 AM

It would be good to know what wp actually has the power to change regarding woe. Can they increase the dmg reduction? Change woe times? Close castles? Could someone from the staff please make a statement.

#43 MrNaise

MrNaise

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 31 July 2019 - 10:22 PM

Make this an in-game event lol. It would be fun to play with different players from around the world, I think having it at Sunday (PH time) would be a good time to play ChaosXThor WoE ;D

#44 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 01 August 2019 - 01:15 AM

Gravity is busy milking RoM players on a dying game. It's only up to Warpportal to do what they can  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:

#45 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 01 August 2019 - 01:34 AM

[Laughs in knowing nothing will happen since they dont give a f]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users