Are items duplications still a thing? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Are items duplications still a thing?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

#1 FatalityX

FatalityX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 21 July 2019 - 12:05 AM

Just recently started playing again and someone wants to trade me an mvp card for some of my stuff, im just wondering if they could be duped items maybe? How can i tell?

#2 canon019

canon019

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 21 July 2019 - 12:56 AM

ask GM to verify mvp card, if it's duped just ask for reverse trade i don't know if it's worked but that's the best you can do.

And don't forget to take Screenshot every trade you made.

Edited by canon019, 21 July 2019 - 12:58 AM.

#3 FatalityX

FatalityX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 21 July 2019 - 01:34 AM

So duped items are still a thing? Its still possible? I remember reading they were removed from game last year... ><

#4 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 July 2019 - 02:09 AM

it never stopped being a thing, it's just not the main discussion topic right now

#5 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 21 July 2019 - 02:16 AM

Just recently started playing again and someone wants to trade me an mvp card for some of my stuff, im just wondering if they could be duped items maybe? How can i tell?

Hello,

You will not be able to tell if an item was obtained through illegal means, be it through RMT or other shady ways. For such high end trades (e.g MVP cards/gear sale), I'd strongly recommend involving the GM team. To involve the GM team, start by sending a ticket detailing parts of the trade, seller and buyer. If you chose not do to that and take the risk then make sure to screenshot part of the trade agreement, if things went south the staff should be able to offer proper support.

In regarding item dupe, said items are being removed. If a user happens to buy any of them then, they will be compensated by doing trade reversal, note that illegally obtained items will be deleted in the process.

#6 canon019

canon019

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 21 July 2019 - 02:27 AM

Hello,

You will not be able to tell if an item was obtained through illegal means, be it through RMT or other shady ways. For such high end trades (e.g MVP cards/gear sale), I'd strongly recommend involving the GM team. To involve the GM team, start by sending a ticket detailing parts of the trade, seller and buyer. If you chose not do to that and take the risk then make sure to screenshot part of the trade agreement, if things went south the staff should be able to offer proper support.

In regarding item dupe, said items are being removed. If a user happens to buy any of them then, they will be compensated by doing trade reversal, note that illegally obtained items will be deleted in the process.

i heard there is a zeny limit when doing GM trade, may i know how much it is?

#7 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 21 July 2019 - 02:51 AM

i heard there is a zeny limit when doing GM trade, may i know how much it is?

The limit is how much one character can hold at a single time which is 2.1 billion Zeny ~roughly. For example, if you are selling an item for 1.5b, and your character has 2b already or really close to the limit the GM staff will not be able to process the trade, not until you make room. Does this answer your question? :)

#8 canon019

canon019

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 21 July 2019 - 03:07 AM

No i mean, i heard gm couldn't do trade for item worth more than 60/70 b?? well i knew it from player but is that true?

#9 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 21 July 2019 - 03:20 AM

No i mean, i heard gm couldn't do trade for item worth more than 60/70 b?? well i knew it from player but is that true?

Never heard of said limitation.

I will update you soon with an official response regardless, if not today then on Monday during working hours.

#10 VanishingPoint

VanishingPoint

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1244 posts

Posted 21 July 2019 - 07:18 AM

Never heard of said limitation.

I will update you soon with an official response regardless, if not today then on Monday during working hours.

Let us know what you find out. I'm interested in the official response.

#11 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 21 July 2019 - 01:03 PM

Update:
I was informed there is no limit on Zeny when it comes to trades facilitated through the GM team.

#12 canon019

canon019

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 21 July 2019 - 01:54 PM

Update:
I was informed there is no limit on Zeny when it comes to trades facilitated through the GM team.

Thank you Cinnamon Appreciate it !

Now can you please look up for this thread and maybe give official response it can or cannot?  :p_smile:

#13 FatalityX

FatalityX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 21 July 2019 - 01:58 PM

Well it seems like such a pain in the butt to even trade or buy items to have to submit tickets to make sure they are real. Sounds very annoying  and I don't want to wait for ticket responses before trading or buying anything. I will return once this has been fixed and dealt with, until then there's no point in continuing playing. I play to have fun, not to be annoyed. Imagine returning after a maintenance to find your hard earned items that you bought or traded for were duped and deleted. Going to the ticket system to recover them is just not worth the time to go through all that song and dance.

#14 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 21 July 2019 - 03:29 PM

it sounds a lot worse than it actually is, for a quite a while i havent heard of any case where someone had to do a trade reversal or anything. Most cases where a GM trade is held is because the item is worth quite a lot, and the ppl involved doesn't want to deal with switching alts to trade all that money, and there's no way around that since zeny limits are a hard limitation of the game code.

#15 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 July 2019 - 04:07 PM

Maybe dupers probably quit along with WoE folks/whales. Hmm ... have not heard of a dupe case for a while now. Just be cautious. It’s best to record the whole trade and make a clip if you have to. Much better than screenshots.

#16 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 21 July 2019 - 04:19 PM

Cinnamod forgot to mention how hard it is to make a ticket

#17 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 28 July 2019 - 09:32 PM

Well it seems like such a pain in the butt to even trade or buy items to have to submit tickets to make sure they are real. Sounds very annoying  and I don't want to wait for ticket responses before trading or buying anything. I will return once this has been fixed and dealt with, until then there's no point in continuing playing. I play to have fun, not to be annoyed. Imagine returning after a maintenance to find your hard earned items that you bought or traded for were duped and deleted. Going to the ticket system to recover them is just not worth the time to go through all that song and dance.

This has been a problem for many years, i doubt it'll be resolved anytime soon. I'm *still* legitimately annoyed that some items i paid cash for (bought out of kafra shop, not other players) were deleted due to other people duping stuff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users