14 replies to this topic

#1 KingVictory

KingVictory

I am New.

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 August 2019 - 07:55 PM

Hello everyone,

I'm a returning player working towards my first max lvl toon. I have a RC/CRS hybrid crit GX, and am wondering if it is worth it (or even possible with my stuff) to buy a JDR, or keep chugging along with my +13 Neutral/Fire Katars/+13 Holy double AK Katar.

Here are the stats of my GX:

Base Lvl: 167   Job Lvl 58

Str 93 + 30   = 123          Atk 230 + 779          Def 173 + 186

Agi 118 + 30 = 148          Matk 152 +250        Mdef 122 + 5

Vit 90 + 31    = 121          Hit 515                    Flee 494 + 19

Int 1 + 30      = 31            Critical 41                Aspd 190

Dex 90 + 38  = 128

Luk 81 + 39   = 120

Gear:

Upper Head    +9 Vanargand Helm [1] (Marduk card)

Middle Head     Diabolus Wing [1] (clean)

Lower Head     Tengu Scroll

Weapon           +13 Crimson Katars (as above, Fire/Neutral w/hunter fly or Holy w/AK)

Garment          +9 Heroic Backpack (Orc Baby card)

Accessory 1    Fenrir Chain [1] (Gold Scaraba card)

Accessory 2    Perverse Demon Mask [1] (clean)

Armor              +9 Diabolus Armor (Marc card)

Boots              +9 Diabolus Boots (Firelock soldier card)

+1 ASPD costume garment, +7 Breeze shadow armor, and Malicious shadow set

I'm sitting at 74k HP and 1500 SP, and generally am very comfortable leeching enough HP without needing any pots.

On paper, JDR is sexy as hell, but playing on iRO Thor, they exist but are pretty friggin rare. I have OCP stuff saved up, but even then people with JDRs probably already have most of that stuff.

Ultimately, my goal once I hit max level is to slap the çrap out of MVPs like fenrir, Stephen JE Wolf et al with impunity, and also to farm for good vicious mind gear, and other instances like OGH. For those purposes, hybrid RC/CRS and crit seem to be a reasonable way to go.

So far, I'm able to do OGH comfortably with my current setup without needing any pots, but for the every 3 days I'm able to fight Stephen I generally need to get resurrected once as I kill him so slowly, and one of the instadeath earthquakes inevitably gets me.

So in summary, will this setup be even better with JDR? Is it worth the hassle of trying to buy one?

Thank you to all you veterans who help us newbs out!

P.S. I have a FAW with fatal enchants as well, but I like the myriad bonuses from the HBP for now. I have okay daggers too with a gambler's set, but I'm not too confident in my piloting skills so I don't know how good I'd be at taking advantage of the 3x3 splash damage for mob farming.

#2 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 August 2019 - 09:00 PM

there's no content currently avaiable in the game that you can't easily deal without a JDR, the only place where it can make a bigger difference is bio5, because you want to kill mobs there asap.

#3 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 17 August 2019 - 09:28 PM

It also helps you enable one shot CRS valk/ifrit in endless tower and central lab. However endless tower isn’t suitable for a GX anyways (small width aoe skill, difficulties with reflect map), so it isn’t that big a deal. For central lab, you can probably just spam backslide with the big space to not need the one shot.

Get it if you want to farm bio5 hardcore, otherwise it’s just overkill on most instances on current iRO content.

#4 KingVictory

KingVictory

I am New.

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 August 2019 - 06:22 AM

Thank you both for the replies. I guess I'll leave off pursuing one, and hope maybe one day I'll get a super lucky drop from Stephen. Cheers!

#5 hammie

hammie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 760 posts

Posted 18 August 2019 - 07:05 AM

Side question since you use hbp why don’t you get 90luk and lower vit?

Edited!!!

Edited by hammie, 18 August 2019 - 02:43 PM.

#6 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3542 posts

Posted 18 August 2019 - 10:18 AM

Side question since you use hbp why don’t you get 90vit and lower vit?

k7q06.png

Edited by Boyeteers, 18 August 2019 - 10:19 AM.

#7 hammie

hammie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 760 posts

Posted 18 August 2019 - 02:43 PM

Edited to what I originally meant haha

#8 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 18 August 2019 - 02:45 PM

- he's still 167
- the neutral reduction from 90 vit is a much better bonus than just some small crit damage.

#9 hammie

hammie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 760 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 06:27 AM

Ah gotcha.

#10 condySpectrum

condySpectrum

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • LocationSolar System
  • Server:Thor

Posted 22 August 2019 - 05:13 PM

Once you got to lvl 170, immediately get your Old Bone Circlet to at least +8 (up to +12 if your funds can manage). You can then just hunt for JDR while farming for vicious mind weapons. Just try to acquire a +10phreeoni wings to pump up your hit against stefan and you should be good to go. For 25 EDM, you can get the skyfortess ticket from Merry Badger which gives you unlimited access to SKy Fortress for 1 hour straight (3 hrs if you are VIP). 

Edit:

Additional Hit/Perfect Hit increasing gears you might wanna get

-Verus Core[1] (accessory)

-+9Armor of Purple Thread[1]

Edited by condySpectrum, 22 August 2019 - 05:16 PM.

#11 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 22 August 2019 - 06:15 PM

The hunt for a JDR drop is not that simple though. It can absolutely be a game-ruining experience if you're not prepared for the result, as you're looking at about 20-40hours (on average) of pure unadulterated grinding the same thing over and over. Chances are that you might also end up with sunflower boys or stefan card drops in your 40 hours of farming. This is also first assuming that your gears are already decent enough for your kill rate per hour to be worthwhile. 

I would honestly suggest just go having fun with instances straight away. The GX class comes with enough DPS without needing the JDR. When you're done with most instances and then decide you still want to be omegalul TOP TIER, and is willing to put in necessary hours, carry on....

From my perspective, i'd much rather pay for a JDR if i want one. My time is worth way more.

#12 CKDD

CKDD

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 August 2019 - 06:23 AM

Once you obtain JDR, iro will become boring as hell

#13 KingVictory

KingVictory

I am New.

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 August 2019 - 01:01 PM

Thanks all for the further replies! I did finally get my hands on a Phreeoni Wings, and blew every last BSB I had to get it to +10. Interestingly, I tried Stephen with +9 Phreeoni (my HIT was 631) but I was missing more than I anticipated...looking at all the databases, 100% hit on him is either 385 or 391, so I figured with hallucination walk up, he would be 385~391 + 250 = 635~641...which should give me at least 90% chance to hit him with hit of 631. Either the 100% hit is changed, or he has an amped up NPC version of hallucination walk. Now that Phreeoni is +10, I would hope 731 hit should do the trick.

I def see the perspective CKDD that once anyone gets the ultimate weapon, things can get boring pretty fast--thankfully I got a few alts I can work on to keep things interesting. I imagine it'd be nice to explore bio5, and get on the neverending task of cursed frags, but yeah it does seem pretty tedious. But hey there's supposedly new content coming out in months/years/decades to look forward to...right?

#14 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 26 August 2019 - 09:02 AM

I agree with Black Cross re: the cost/benefit of JDR farming/buying one.

Having said that, you should still use the freebie one you get every 3 days to do the instance.

Some of those vicious mind weapons are realllllllllllllllllly good (rng as hell, but you get the idea). 

#15 LeeKelly

LeeKelly

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 588 posts
  • LocationUmbala; Amatsu

Posted 02 September 2019 - 02:31 AM

Can still finish most if not all instances with a Thanatos and Crimson Katar. Hope this helps. <3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users