#1 deopane0

deopane0

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos Chaos

Posted 01 October 2019 - 11:30 AM

Could you guys give me some advice as being a noob Assassin? I've seem I need to farm Eden Merit Badges as much as I can (I'm lvl 77 assassin with 5 of those) and I have 8,7 million zeny in this character and 6,4 million in another (some people gave me those and some equips like +9 meteoric untouchable gigantic main gauche, +6 Bazerald, +3 temporal boots, Teleport belt and +6 Giants faceworm snake skin to help me level up)

But seeing how kinda old the guides here are (besides lacking some info/images probably because of the time it has been here), it made me thinking on what equips should I work on and how can I get zeny in the game (since the ones on some guides are about 1 billion zeny, kinda intimidating honestly)

People told me I should create another account just to put a merchant to sell things and such, but I only got normal itens besides one bigfoot card so... Is it really worth it to have one even though the items I'd sell are rather cheap? I really need suggestions and advice from you guys

Thanks in advanced to everyone here to help ^^

#2 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 01 October 2019 - 12:34 PM

Hello and welcome to the iRO Chaos!

Starting off, there is a lot that can seem intimidating, however, with effort you can get whatever you sent your eyes on. I would say focus on getting the following.

Back when I started 50m seem very intimidating to me. Try to get the basic stuff such as leech gear, there is a variety, start with what you can and build up from there. As GX, you want to leech hp as you kill, so let me give you a starting point but you will need to make adjustments as your budget allows, which seems quite low.

Headgear: Rideword hat

Mid: Dark blinder - As there is a lot of monsters that blind you.

Low: Gangster Scarf or well-chewed pencil.

Weapon: something 2 slot or even 4 slot with 2 or 4 hunter fly cards respectively.

Boots: Variant boots

Garmet: Anything with raydric card or flamel card (for slim white potions) works towards getting a heroic backpack.

Accessories: whatever you can find cheap.

As you lvl up, and hit 120, farm the instance called Ghost Palace until you can get your hand on a Thanatos Katar, +4 is fine with a hunter fly. This katar will be a game changer for you. Read the description.

After you get that katar, you can virtually level up to 175 with just that piece of item. If you can get a +9 rideword hat to facilitate the process even better. I actually hit 175 with very minimal equipment on my first GX.

As far as how you make zeny in this game, you picked the right class. GX are efficient instance farmers, you will just need to have fun and explore instances. There are some that leaves more zeny than others, but as for now, I would say, focus on leveling up and having fun. That's when you will start making some serious zeny and really when they actual fun and game starts.

#3 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 01 October 2019 - 12:38 PM

Here is my GX from back in the day. Please disregard the Fallen Angel Wings, right before this video I was using a heroic backpack. The two rogue treasures are for hit (to be able to hit the big bells).

#4 deopane0

deopane0

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 01 October 2019 - 01:56 PM

I bought a Morrigane manteau for 8 million, I saw it was quite in the price and I thought it could be good because I intended to be a crit sinx, although honestly I don't know if that's the best build there is xD

Btw, my attributes are like this right now:
71 até
50 agi
1 Vit
1 int
45 dex
40 luk

I know I'm still an assassin and need to be reborn, but I think this build is somewhat ok since I can crit and hit when I don't crit (besides dex is really necessary to the spinning skill from what I've seem, so... Yeah)

If that's not that good for me, might aswell create the Merchant to sell it, since I'll probably need those 8 million later e.e

Edited by deopane0, 01 October 2019 - 01:59 PM.

#5 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 02 October 2019 - 08:18 AM

As a first class and also starting out, single target is fine, but as you level up, you want to focus in mobbing, leeching and aoe damage.

#6 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 02 October 2019 - 08:21 AM

Try to get into a pvm guild that can help you out. Also, are you vip?

#7 deopane0

deopane0

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 02 October 2019 - 08:37 AM

No, I'm not a VIP, can I become one without spending real money in the game?

I'm in the process of enterite a pvm guild these days xD

#8 tchold

tchold

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 09:58 PM

thanks for the help moyu. there's a ton of information but a lot of it is mid-end game oriented

what are some earlier leveling pieces that would be good to grab? even a rideword hat feels so far away when I only have around 20m total

#9 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 04 October 2019 - 05:09 AM

Nab's Cloth, Rogue treasure, cursed book (for leech), crimson katar with hunter flies but swtich to thanatos katar at 120 if crimson is not refined too high, for garment you can use a nidhoggur shadow garb (for sp leech early on).

These are some of the items I would recommend early on. They are all relatively cheap but increase your damage and survivalbility.

deopane0, yes you can buy wpe with zeny in game, however, be aware that it is not something that is recommended by the GM's and therefore not supported if you get scammed. you can also become mini vip for 3 days with eden merit badges.

#10 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 04 October 2019 - 05:25 AM

Oni Horns btw

#11 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 04 October 2019 - 06:07 AM

Yes, Oni horn like Ash said is a great leeching option too.

By the way, from 1-99, eden gears are more than adequate if you are low on zeny.

I found this video of mid game gear that will allow you to start doing instances with very nice profits.

Edited by MoyuZ777, 04 October 2019 - 06:48 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users