New Gene [Left the game since 2012] - Merchant Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

New Gene [Left the game since 2012]

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Dreamo

Dreamo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 03:15 AM

Hello guys.

I'm Dreamo, been playing iRO since 2010 and at 2012, I stop.

Apparently my interest in making a comeback is real as my previous fellow mates had been in touch and I've managed to recover all three of my previous accounts.

I've changed to Gen recently and just remembered on why did I stop playing it >.<

I've just reset my stats and gonna go for cart cannon build (apparently I wasted 2 skill points on cart nado T_T)

Currently at lvl 101 / 4. Apparently mid TI is hard enough for me to solo and kinda sad for making a comeback.

Any suggestion on what should I do in order to gain better lvl (my expenses are quite tight, roughly having like 20m only LOL).

Here's my stats

STR 70

AGI 1

VIT 69

INT 60

DEX 80

ATK 114+195 (Red Naght +5)

DEF 104+141 (to sad to share my EQ)

Do give me series of good suggestions on what to do next.

Sincerely,

Old gamer

#2 Ramses

Ramses

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 861 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 October 2019 - 10:42 AM

Should have waited till you get maxed cart cannon before leaving lowTI. Would lower str and add those points into int (cart cannon scales good from int)

Edited by Ramses, 28 October 2019 - 10:42 AM.

#3 Dreamo

Dreamo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 01:26 PM

i see, i guess no use of crying over spilled milk eh?

so i should focusing on int from this point onwards right? what's the range for base int would you recommend?

#4 Ralen

Ralen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 October 2019 - 03:30 PM

Can get free stat reset in Eden Group from two different NPC but start with the clown. Ideally want 120 base Int as a top priority. 

So I'd recommend reset then do 30 Vit, then 120 Int (final), then 90 Vit (final), then 90 Str (final?) then 120 dex (final).

30 vit to not die, 120 int for cc damage and an eventual seraphim coronet, 90 vit for heroic backpack buff and hp pool, 90 str for damage, 120 dex for acid bomb or instant cast cc with a damage hat instead of the instant cast hats.

Speaking of instant cast, with your 20m get a Harvester Hat, even +0 is fine, and then you don't need dex until level 170. The instant cast hats are like half the reason Gene is such an OP class.

#5 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4116 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 05:44 PM

Also if you have jakk present from killing monster, you can use 50 of it for free refine up to +10 things once a day

You can sell refine attempts to people or upgrade your own things

Go join the irowiki discord, the link is on the main page

Edited by YongkySH, 28 October 2019 - 05:44 PM.

#6 Dreamo

Dreamo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 07:04 AM

Can get free stat reset in Eden Group from two different NPC but start with the clown. Ideally want 120 base Int as a top priority. 

So I'd recommend reset then do 30 Vit, then 120 Int (final), then 90 Vit (final), then 90 Str (final?) then 120 dex (final).

30 vit to not die, 120 int for cc damage and an eventual seraphim coronet, 90 vit for heroic backpack buff and hp pool, 90 str for damage, 120 dex for acid bomb or instant cast cc with a damage hat instead of the instant cast hats.

Speaking of instant cast, with your 20m get a Harvester Hat, even +0 is fine, and then you don't need dex until level 170. The instant cast hats are like half the reason Gene is such an OP class.

there's free reset? i've used 4 stones for reset and there's actually a free one? /otl

so just go base 120 INT upon reset, the rest just add accordingly isnt? bout my casting, its gonna be a bit nuisance since i dont have any uninterrupted bonus eq neither card as well..

thinking of selling my own dragonhelm costume as well as some other costume / HF for making some zenies..

apparently harvester hat is a fast sold item huh.. been trying to track em down and it was easily sold out...

how bout weapon? what would you suggest? i got +7 malicious HF at this moment, the other is red naght sword.. the rest... totally junks to me.. got some crimson mace, but with the current enchantments mine would be more to worthless..

#7 Dreamo

Dreamo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 07:14 AM

Also if you have jakk present from killing monster, you can use 50 of it for free refine up to +10 things once a day

You can sell refine attempts to people or upgrade your own things

Go join the irowiki discord, the link is on the main page

aight, will do my man.. will do~

#8 hammie

hammie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 760 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 08:06 AM

After reset and of you can get the harvest hat you can go try nog road. Either weapon will be fine early on. Once you get to 120+ try to get/hunt for Thanatos hammer. Orleans gotten is also a cheap phen if you can't find harvest hat. Not insta cast but it's something.

#9 Dreamo

Dreamo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 01:35 PM

alright, done the reset part..

nog road

would these be sufficient?

head Gozarian mask + head combo

hand +7 Malicious HF

garment +5 immune pauldron

shoes variant shoes

robe lucius fire armor

accessory apple ring + teleport nile rose

i'm thinking of switching my headgear for something else..

other alternative i have in inventory are purple +4 cowboy hat, spinning glasses, robo eye.. the rest are junks... >.<

i do have some water converters from my mechanic so i believe it would be sufficient for me down there..

#10 Ralen

Ralen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 06:24 PM

Honestly without a Harvester Hat or Cylinder Hairband I wouldn't try leveling with CC. Make sure to grab one before you start but otherwise your equip should be good until 130 at least. Your Int and the skill do most of the work for the first 30 levels but with no Dex you need the hat or it's kinda a bad time :/

#11 Dreamo

Dreamo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 11:27 PM

Honestly without a Harvester Hat or Cylinder Hairband I wouldn't try leveling with CC. Make sure to grab one before you start but otherwise your equip should be good until 130 at least. Your Int and the skill do most of the work for the first 30 levels but with no Dex you need the hat or it's kinda a bad time :/

yeah, i can feel the struggle >.<

currently tele around harpies and cc them for making money. two cc can kill the mobs, provided theyre busy with my homun >:(

after the first cc, i need to get the second one asap or theyll come onto me..

probably a converter should do the trick..

regarding the hat matter, i'm just few mil away from the current price of harvester hat.. just a wee bit more and i'm gonna get the hat..

keeping finger crossed for someone to sell it cheaper or i someone buy my cards..

i believe selling my MS atm is not a necessary.. thou selling one would actually help me buying the hat directly..

#12 Dreamo

Dreamo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 11:39 PM

A good genetic gave me something, and i seriously pray for this sir / maam to have a very prosperous life ahead..

p/s: dear sir / madam, not that i don't want to mention your name.. just that i don't want other people to ask things from you.. i wish you a very good life good sir / madam

pp/s: still figuring how to upload pictures... gonna take some time i guess..

#13 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 30 October 2019 - 03:24 AM

just use something for uninterruptible casting if you dont have the stats/hat for removing the skill cast. Genetic has always been a pretty damn strong class prior to these items even existing, they are not mandatory at all.

#14 Ralen

Ralen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 30 October 2019 - 10:45 AM

That's a fair point but the build I recommended with low Dex does require one of those hats. A more normal build with higher Dex definitely works with just a Phen card but going for the all Int/Vit build as mentioned above you take a lot of hits while casting.

#15 Dreamo

Dreamo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 30 October 2019 - 01:18 PM

just use something for uninterruptible casting if you dont have the stats/hat for removing the skill cast. Genetic has always been a pretty damn strong class prior to these items even existing, they are not mandatory at all.

to be honest, this is true.. apparently the earlier mentioned genetic gave me a harvester hat.. the difference is huge.. i manage to spam 2 cc without the mobs changing target to me..

and apparently maxing cart remodelling does play huge difference..

That's a fair point but the build I recommended with low Dex does require one of those hats. A more normal build with higher Dex definitely works with just a Phen card but going for the all Int/Vit build as mentioned above you take a lot of hits while casting.

apparently the hat is in hand, and put some points on dex first like 50 base.. my int now is 120 + 12, is it too much point wasted on int or i should lower it a bit?

so my next target should be 90 vit first eh,so that i can manage some hits before getting overkilled.. >.<

#16 Ralen

Ralen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 30 October 2019 - 05:56 PM

120 Int is good. Works very nicely with the two endgame Mid Headgear of Seraphim Coronet or Mob Scarf. Usually the best way to improve damage for CC is by increasing points of Int since it is directly in the damage formula. So if you're not 1 shot killing I wouldn't get lower Int since usually is a big DPS drop. As far as that Dex goes it is only making casting Cart Boost faster which is kinda meh. As you get new garments like a Heroic Backpack or Fallen Angel Wing you'll want either 90 Dex or a multiple of 20 Dex to get their ranged damage bonuses but without either those Dex points aren't doing much.

#17 Dreamo

Dreamo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 30 October 2019 - 06:12 PM

alright, noted on that

currently i'm aiming to get my harvester hat to +9..

then with enough zennies, gonna aim for some weapon as well..

any idea when does the Jakk's Present event end?

on side note, which is worth? max axe mastery or sword mastery? cause currently i'm using the HF so axe mastery is a good thing, but somehow i doubt later in future that would be enough as the shield is occupied with axe itself..

#18 hammie

hammie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 760 posts

Posted 30 October 2019 - 06:19 PM

don't bother with either mastery. i think they add like +40 damage overall? or something stupid. Try to get a Thanatos Hammer for 120 and use that til 175 if you want. they don't have an end date for Jakk's event unless i missed it.

#19 Dreamo

Dreamo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 12:52 PM

don't bother with either mastery. i think they add like +40 damage overall? or something stupid. Try to get a Thanatos Hammer for 120 and use that til 175 if you want. they don't have an end date for Jakk's event unless i missed it.

thanatos hammer eh... thats nice.. will keep that in mind.. somehow the 100 hp/s costing and low chance of regaining hp n sp over physical atck surely something huh..

#20 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 05:19 PM

sword mastery actually adds more than the description suggests. not sure if it's fixed but that's the case not more than 6 months ago. 

#21 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 31 October 2019 - 06:06 PM

mastery atk is still multiplied by skil formula itself, skill and ranged%, it can be a bit noticeable on strong skills, thats all. And also the part that Sword Mastery is much more point efficient than the old masteries, adding more atk for half the points.

Edited by Ashuckel, 31 October 2019 - 06:06 PM.

#22 hammie

hammie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 760 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 07:41 PM

Oh, I thought it was garbage. Maybe that change or I was given wrong info.

#23 hammie

hammie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 760 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 07:45 PM

thanatos hammer eh... thats nice.. will keep that in mind.. somehow the 100 hp/s costing and low chance of regaining hp n sp over physical atck surely something huh..

Someone who’s done the math can probably explain it better than I could. Basically if you have a mob you souls get a nice chunk of hp/sp back. I rarely pot with Thanatos weapons

#24 Dreamo

Dreamo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 05 November 2019 - 07:04 PM

i see.. on side note, i think going for axe mastery is better since i'm using hf at this moment..

and upon usage of thanatos hammer later on, neither axe mastery nor sword mastery would play any role since thanatos hammer is considered mace.. do correct me if i'm wrong on this matter itself..

update: currently maxed my cart cannon and cart reconstruction.. i suppose going for cart boost is the best right now is it? oh another thing is that usage iron ball + water converter is better compared to using holy ball in the dungeon?

tried to tele around kobold, supposedly i can manage to 1 shot the mobs now.. however the lvling there is a bit expensive.. sticking with harpies since they can give me like 500k zeny / hour.. nothing much to sell tho... a friend suggested me to farm wss at demon pungus.. i'm open to any other suggestions tho..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users